Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper Reviews

Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper

“Decent”

Written on: 25/10/2013 by wendywoop (2 reviews written)

I've never been one for gardening and so I don't have the greenest fingers; but these loppers really get the job done. Using the alligator loppers made the job much easier compared to the pruners that I had been using before - they're very good quality too. I'd recommend these pruners to both the experienced gardeners and the beginners… Read Full Review

Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper

“These Alligators have bite! ”

Written on: 26/07/2012 by DesJohnstone (4 reviews written)

I've found my loppers invaluable over the past year. I must admit I traditionally preferred my tried and tested gardening tools, but after helping my brother-in-law regain control in his garden I have been a convert. What I love about them is that although they have a lot of "welly" and deliver fast and clean cuts, they still feel perfectly safe to use (because of the Alligator design). The Alligator jaws clamp the branch you want to cut and only when the 2 safety switches have been pressed… Read Full Review

Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper

“They rate this Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper...”

Written on: 26/08/2008

They rate this Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper for 4". I chopped down a pacific cypress 14" and 30' tall ran out of recycling bins… Read Full Review

Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper

“The Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper tree pruner...”

Written on: 19/08/2007 by speers (1 review written)

The Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper tree pruner is a stunning piece of kit! I was soon up and running after adding oil to the hole on the back. Amazing value at £69 from Currys. Even available via the "reserve and collect" service.

I have been after one of these for a while, and today I had a load of branches to cut up, so being able to buy one on a Sunday from Currys was great. It sailed through even the largest of these Laural branches - I didn't even bother cutting at the narrowest… Read Full Review

Alfiejack's Response to speers's Review

Written on: 28/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am more than likely to buy one now.

Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper

“The Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper is...”

Written on: 29/04/2006 by macavila (2 reviews written)

The Black & Decker GK1000 Alligator Lopper is basically a protected 10inch chainsaw.

This tool would be an asset to anyone with big hedges or trees to prune.
It saves a great deal of time cutting through 10cm branches or logs in a few seconds.

It is much safer (and less intimidating) than a normal chain saw.
Apart from routine cleaning, and a few drops of oil to the oil reservoir before use, and then after every 10 minutes use, it has surpassed my expectations, and at around £89 is well worth… Read Full Review

Yourreviewer's Response to macavila's Review

Written on: 07/09/2008

If you are a potential customer for the Alligator and want to know how reliable it is.. I got this 2 years ago for my thickly wooded property and this things great. I've found it to be very useful around the yard and it certainly feels safer to use than a regular chainsaw. Yes, it's fabulous compared to a normal chainsaw. Much safer and works on fat branches and small trees. Probably up to the size of your leg although you could make multiple cuts for a much bigger tree. Not for full sized trees. Good for small branches too that would normally just get pushed by a chain saw. I say that this a chainsaw with a stabilising jaw, ideal for smaller branches up to 4in (10cm) thick!
<br/>
<br/>If you live in hurricane country on the Gulf Coast and after every storm the chainsaws would come out to clear away the downed trees and branches, it's safe, a time saver and continues in the fine name of Black and Decker.