Qualcast Panther 30 Reviews

Qualcast Panther 30 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Qualcast Panther 30

“Simple but great”

Written on: 25/05/2011

I have a very small garden and even less storage space. I needed a compact lawn mower and looked at lots of flymos and such like. I opted for this old skool push-mower. It was super easy to put together and dismantles into a small box that i can store under my stairs. It cuts the grass really well and has multiple height settings. The grass does spill out the side of the grass-bag which is the only complaint i can make… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“I bought this after reading the reviews. I was...”

Written on: 22/10/2010

I bought this after reading the reviews. I was sceptical, but for the price I had nothing to lose.
From opening the box, unpacking the mower, assembling it and cutting 32m2 of new, but longish grass was 25 minutes.
The cut was clean, with lines and with little or no resistance or effort required.
Its far more compact than any power mower I have owned and far quicker to use.
I would recommend this product to anybody without hesitation.

Qualcast Panther 30

“This is a great little manual mower. Highly...”

Written on: 15/08/2010

This is a great little manual mower. Highly recommended for small lawns. I've had mine for over a year and it cuts fantastic. Not sure how anyone can get it wrong. It cuts first time and produced some stripes too (only just noticeable as the roller is pretty lightweight). It's environmentally friendly and gives a slight workout too. My lawns only about 6m by 6m, but I'd tackle a large lawn any time. Doesn't cut long grass, so need to stay on top of the lawn. Struggles if grass longer than about… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“Bought a Panther 30 July 16th 2010, reviewed one star...”

Written on: 16/07/2010 by rosie5 (1 review written)

Bought a Panther 30 July 16th 2010, reviewed one star as the only good point it has is being lightweight, you will not injure yourself when you throw it across the garden. If thinking about purchasing invest in a magnifying glass to read the "instruction manual" ( the most unhelpfull I have ever come across ) grass cut is rubbish whichever setting it is on the grass collector is even worse. I read the reviews and took a chance all I can say is whoever writes a good review on this works for… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rosie5's Review

Written on: 25/05/2011

I don't work for Qualcast and i really like this machine. The manual was not brilliant but this is possibly the most simple & obvious machine to use so if you have half a brain you can figure it all out in 5 minutes. The grass collector isn't great and it does spill out the sides, but for £19 what do you expect. I think your problem is that you want the earth and aren't prepared to pay for it. Next time don't be such a cheapskate.

Guest's Response to rosie5's Review

Written on: 27/05/2011

Sorry, but I disagree with you (and I don't work for qualcast)

I think the mower is exponentially easier to use than an electric mower, especially for small lawns.

We have a front and back lawn, both of which are small and it does a great job.

It's true that the grass box is not very good, but it does catch some grass.

I bought the mower as I needed something more convenient and I wanted lawn stripes.

It's more convenient, but the lawn roller needs to be heavier as it only just gives noticeable stripes

For the money I can't complain and perhaps your problem is that you were expecting too much for your money or perhaps you got a faulty unit? :)

Qualcast Panther 30

“My Little Panther is twelve years old and cuts very...”

Written on: 02/05/2010 by oldjono (1 review written)

My Little Panther is twelve years old and cuts very well, its take a bit of tlc every now and then. You have to remember to raise or lower the cutting height as grass grows differently during the year. Most people cut their lawns too short which makes them dry out faster.

The hand mower, due to its light weight is easy to use. Keep the blade sharp and clean after use. Spray a little WD40 all over it to keep it rust free during the winter. Also, it does it good to run an engineers file over the… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“This by far the worst lawnmower I have ever owned....”

Written on: 17/04/2010

This by far the worst lawnmower I have ever owned. Bought new last year, it has never performed that well, & now this year is utterly useless. After spending the whole morning adjusting the cutting height over & over again,(with the help(?) of the instructions on the Qualcast web site) there were no improved results & the roller fell apart! In sheer frustration I threw the thing the length of my drive, upon which it disintegrated!! It will never see a blade of grass again, but will see my local… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“Have had one of these mowers for 5 years and it cuts a...”

Written on: 05/01/2010

Have had one of these mowers for 5 years and it cuts a treat… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“I have purchased the Qualcast Panther recently. It is...”

Written on: 05/10/2009

I have purchased the Qualcast Panther recently. It is a fantastic well built durable mower. Gives an oustanding cut, plus if you place the grass box on and put a few Kgs of weight in there the box itself will stripe your lawn just like the tennis courts at wimbledon… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2011

You'll probably never read this, but you've just saved me some money.

I wasn't happy with the stripes as the roller is too light, I was about to buy some sort of attachment for stripes, but I read your comment.

A few weights in the grass box and voila.

Qualcast Panther 30

“After my almost 20 year old flymo hover mower died I...”

Written on: 03/09/2009

After my almost 20 year old flymo hover mower died I decided to purchase this Qualcast Panther 30 lightwieght self push mower. My rear garden is quite long and I sometimes struggled having to carry the flymo out of the garage down the steps and to the big lawn. It was a petrol one and although it was a bit of plastic the big motor on top made it quite heavy. I found when I used this one I dont know whether I am not running fast enough or this daft invention doesnt work! I have tried walking and… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2011

If it only flattens the grass, it's quite likely that you haven't adjusted the blades correctly - you have to adjust them so that they just brush the metal lip at the front that catches the grass.

Qualcast Panther 30

“The Qualcast Panther 30 is fantastic ! I bought this...”

Written on: 15/05/2009 by tomily (3 reviews written)

The Qualcast Panther 30 is fantastic ! I bought this to replace my 2 month old Brill razor as it was so bad and fell apart so much I lost my temper and smashed it up opps expensive I know.
As i said this cost a fraction of the Brill but is loads better made better ,grass box strong cuts nice and short easy to use.
Yes the Brill looks better ,nice plastic case and modern handle ,but if you want a machine to do what it was designed for the qualcast is miles better… Read Full Review

291866_Pleasant's Response to tomily's Review

Written on: 24/05/2009

Fair enough- but you do realise the Panther is a throwaway machine once it needs sharpening or if you accidentally hit a stone and misalign the cylinder due to the fact the cylinder and bottom blade are welded in situ.

Guest's Response to tomily's Review

Pleasant:

In fairness, the mower comes with a 2 year parts guarantee. Not sure if Bosch would honour it if you hit a stone.

TBF though, they'd be hard pushed to argue that stones weren't a normal part of cutting the garden - most gardens will have them somewhere.

If this is true... 40 quid for two years minimum is good.

Qualcast Panther 30

“The Qualcast Panther 30 is Light, Quick,Picks grass up...”

Written on: 16/04/2009

The Qualcast Panther 30 is Light, Quick,Picks grass up as you mow the lawn… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“The Qualcast Panther 30 is great. Only thing is that...”

Written on: 30/06/2008

The Qualcast Panther 30 is great. Only thing is that to adjust the cutting height is rubbish, you have to undo bolts and things.
Plastic holders for the box rubbish and the Circlip holding on the main wheel are also rubbish. But great mower still - 10/10… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“This Qualcast Panther 30 cuts like a dream. I don't...”

Written on: 07/06/2008

This Qualcast Panther 30 cuts like a dream. I don't bother getting the Flymo out anymore. It comes definitely recommended!… Read Full Review

Qualcast Panther 30

“I bought the Qualcast Panther 30 lawn mower because it...”

Written on: 03/11/2007 by Melayu (1 review written)

I bought the Qualcast Panther 30 lawn mower because it is cheap and cheerful - and no petrol is needed, and no cables to annoy me… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Qualcast Panther 30

“The mower seems to be OK for a cheap(ish) push along,...”

Written on: 19/04/2006 by JulieAndrews (1 review written)

The mower seems to be OK for a cheap(ish) push along, but mine was missing 2 essential nuts and bolts. I'm sure the product is fine, but if you want to get hold of spare parts, forget it. The customer service staff don't have a clue what they're talking about, don't bother calling back, and send out the wrong stuff. I've had the mower 4 weeks now and still haven't been sent the missing bits despite numerous 'phone calls. I would never buy a Qualcast again or recommend anyone buy one because… Read Full Review

Quivive's Response to 239356_JulieAndrews's Review

Written on: 13/05/2008

I agree. We borrowed the Qualcast Panther 30 a few times and a bit part broke quite easily and we had no way to replace it. Now we'll have to buy a whole new lawnmower simply because Bosch doesn't bother keeping any spare parts.