Snow Patrol, Eyes Open Reviews

Snow Patrol, Eyes Open - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Snow Patrol, Eyes Open

Snow Patrol, Eyes Open

“Although this album has some great songs, I was must...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by Black Ghost 7 (139 reviews written)

Although this album has some great songs, I was must honestly say that the full length album in my opinion does not deserve the 'excellent' markings others have given it.

Yes, 'Hands Open', 'Chasing cars' and 'You're all I have' are good songs but the remainder of the album sounds, although different styles are used, all very similar. Perhaps this genre isn't the right one for me, because I find a lot of British Indie bands have a similar annoying sound where the guitars are usually quite… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Black Ghost 7's Review

Written on: 25/07/2007

Couldn't have summed it up better myself, 2 or 3 good songs, rest is a bit forgettable, great review. Getting your favourites from iTunes is a great idea.

Degbert's Response to Black Ghost 7's Review

Written on: 26/07/2007

Agree with Micky and Corniel on this; its a good album, perhaps even a strong one, but not a classic and probably therefore 6 or 7 might be more appropriate. For a considerably deeper, well-thought-out and better executed Snow Patrol album, the predecessor Final Straw is a country mile better. Spitting Games and the anthemic Run are the highlights but there are 9 or 10 very strong tracks; even the bonus 'Half the Fun' is excellent.

“Snow Patrol, Eyes Open is a truly brilliant album from...”

Written on: 22/01/2007 by viking06 (52 reviews written)

Snow Patrol, Eyes Open is a truly brilliant album from start to finish!
I bought this intially after Final Straw and after a couple of listens I'm absolutly hooked. Their music is beautiful and adult, with complex and interesting lyrics, contrasted with a mellow sound.
Stunning album, packed with great songs, my particular favourite is "Set fire to the 3rd bar" featuring Martha Wainwright, however they are all brilliant! A must for any music fan's collection… Read Full Review

“Initially, I had heard one song from Snow Patrol's...”

Written on: 28/12/2006 by emza2511 (176 reviews written)

Initially, I had heard one song from Snow Patrol's Eyes open album (You're All I Have). Enjoying this song so much, I thought I'd invest in the album, as it's very rare I find a song I absolutely love, believing that this song would set the tone for the album. However, I was proven totally wrong. But I'm pleased to say for the better!

Following this song on the album is Hands Open, which is a similar rocky song but with excellent lyrics. However, by the time I got onto the third track… Read Full Review

“You know how sometimes you have to listen to an album...”

Written on: 03/10/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

You know how sometimes you have to listen to an album a few times before you can make your mind up? Not with this one. First time I heard it I loved it. There is not a single track on this that is less than excellent.

I have listened to "Final Straw" over and over, usually in the car, but Eyes Open is better still.

So many bands sound similar to each other these days, but not Snow Patrol. Snow Patrol are outstanding, as is this album… Read Full Review

“Now Snow Patrol have got back on track they are really...”

Written on: 13/07/2006 by jonny67 (18 reviews written)

Now Snow Patrol have got back on track they are really gunning for Premier League rock with a shot at Coldplay's crown. Hands Open is the best track but almost every track is great. One track even features a glockenspiel… Read Full Review