Redfern Eurosteam Reviews

• Service & Support

Redfern Eurosteam - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Redfern Eurosteam

“Peice of Garbage”

Written on: 29/03/2014 by srSinclair66 (1 review written)

I purchased this iron on the weekend at the Syracuse fair in new York. I unpacked it and was very excited to try it for the fist time. I try to ironed five of my work dress shirts it was like I was washing them, what I mean they were soak in water what a piece of expensive garbage, here I thought this was a great buy. Then I stated ironing my duvet cover and it shut off and has lost power. I let it cool down because I thought maybe it over heated. I have now waited two hours and it still does… Read Full Review

“Love this Iron!”

Written on: 16/03/2014

I have had my Eurosteam for around 2 years now and I won't ever use another iron. It's fantastic for everything! I don't understand the negative comments at all - one has to follow the directions, clean the iron periodically, and not overfill it. I love it especially for heavy pants and jeans, my linen tablecloth, and freshening up jackets etc. I can get through several pairs of pants and other items in no time at all, and it's almost fun to use! I would never want to be without my… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BUY THIS IRON”

Written on: 13/03/2014 by Erika111 (1 review written)

I just purchased this iron on the weekend at the home and garden show in Toronto. Tonight I unpacked it and was very excited to try it for the fist time. I ironed five of my husbands dress shirts in 20 minutes and thought this was a great buy. Then I stated ironing my duvet cover and it shut off and has lost power. I let it cool down because I thought maybe it over heated. I have now waited two hours and it still does not work. I'll be calling the 1800 number tomorrow and I just hope I can send… Read Full Review

“Love this iron! ”

Written on: 31/08/2013 by ChiaraL (1 review written)

The iron is a miracle! It has never burned or ruined any of my clothing. I've been through so many irons and they all rusted and ruined my clothes. The eurosteam is also so easy to use and it makes ironing fun which is unheard of. The steam that comes out of the boiler is so powerful and it's dry so it has never gotten any of my clothes wet. As long as you read all the instructions and make sure your using it right then It will work wonders for you. Make sure to never overfill it or drop it and… Read Full Review

“I save money!!”

Written on: 28/07/2013 by rmb6279 (1 review written)

This is the only iron will ever touch my clothes! I use to spend between $50-$60 a week on dry cleaning now I spend $0. I save almost $3000.00 last year alone. I almost didn't buy the iron because of some peoples negative reviews on it. It is so easy to use if you follow the instruction right. This is not an iron.. it does not ever burn anything... So for those who iron you must treat yourself to the best ironing tools in the world:) Value for the money more stars should be given… Read Full Review

“Not well built”

Written on: 28/07/2013 by rnbsnjd (1 review written)

Great steaming for quilting and garments. However, the steam valve leaks too often and the plastic cover where the switch is came unglued. For the price, this is unacceptable quality. And, then try to find their warranty repair shop -- and the cost of shipping & repairs. Ouch… Read Full Review

“Too hot to handle”

Written on: 05/06/2013

Great iron at first but after one year the handle got too hot to hold. My opinion, $200 is a lot for one year of use… Read Full Review

“This iron worked great for a year or so. It is good...”

Written on: 30/05/2013 by Jterp (1 review written)

This iron worked great for a year or so. It is good for sewing and some fabrics. I didn't use it on a regular basis. I started having problems with it spitting water. I don't feel for the price it's any better than any other iron. For the cost to repair it, I might as well buy 1 other irons and save money… Read Full Review

Jocelynedrapeau's Response to Jterp's Review

Written on: 30/06/2013

You are right, I have the same problem, this iron was good for one year or so now it is spitting water on my clothes and it is ruining the white ones with the water so terribly. I will go and buy a cheaper iron and it will last I am sure much longer than this one. I feel the money was wasted on this.

“DO NOT BUY”

Written on: 12/05/2013

This iron is a total rip-off. Doesn't get wrinkles out of clothes and handle gets too hot to hold. I've had it less than 2 weeks. and have tried to get someone on the phone from customer service to attempt to get a refund. NO ANSWER - 3x's!!!… Read Full Review

Phylmer's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

[Names removed] apparently are the ladies to talk to. You may have better luck than I did....said I owned mine too long but it's been too hot since about 3 months. I think it was a poor purchase and a hard lesson learned. Oh, they'll want you to pay shipping both ways to repair the stupid thing. I don't think I'll throw more money into a bad purchase....I'll go get a good iron at a store. Good luck!

“My second Euro steam iron, and I love it more than ever!”

Written on: 29/04/2013 by GrammyJ (1 review written)

I bought my first Euro steam iron at the fair about 8 years ago. On the average I used this iron 5 times a week. The only maintenance needed was when I dropped it and had to replace a broken plastic piece. About the last year or so I noticed more and more steam continually coming out of the plate, so the other day I called Redfern and the lady told me that I should clean it. She also asked if I had been following the directions. Well, I have to admit, the directions and CD were still in… Read Full Review

“My friends and I were ripped off!”

Written on: 07/04/2013 by PhylMer (1 review written)

My friends and I (all 3 of us quilters) saw this iron demoed at a show and thought it was a great find. Now, a little more than a year later, we all wish we had our money back. This iron sputters and all of us are concerned about how hot the handle gets. That can't be safe. I feel like I flushed $200 down the drain so will do all I can to save others some money and possible burns. Do NOT buy this iron!… Read Full Review

Ednashappy's Response to PhylMer's Review

Written on: 18/04/2013

Have you called to see about repairs? I had a hot handle and steam escaping, sent it in and had it repaired now it is working like a dream!

Phylmer's reply to Ednashappy's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Yes, I spoke with customer service and their answer was to spend even more money on a defective product. It all 3 of us are having the same issue, it's definitely not us. So I spent allot of money upfront and now I should pay shipping both ways...with no guarantee that it won't do the same thing. Seriously? The purchase was a bad decision....spending more on it just seems plain stupid. I think I will focus on helping others not make the same mistake. Glad yours turned out well.

1533Ramsay's Response to PhylMer's Review

Written on: 19/04/2013

Hi, I am not a quilter, however, I am a man who like his cloths looking very good. I loved my iron until mine did the same thing. Mine burned my hand and I called customer service. Google the number or look on the paper work that came with the iron. The same lady always answers the phone. Tell her you feel they should not charge you for the fix due to the danger of the iron burning your hand. When you spend this kind of money on an iron it should last longer than a $24.99 unit from Wally World. Be stern and don't give up. They finally give you an RA# and you'll have to mail it in to the company. Chances are they'll send you a new unit. You will have to pay $19.00 for shipping. I would even tell them you will get a lawyer to represent you and your friends. If you send it in for repairs it will cost you over $75.00 for repairs plus shipping.
You have to admit its great at what it does, However, this should NOT happen. Hey, I even tell them you and your friends will boycott the next quilters convention out side to sour business for them inside. Is still think this unit needs a UL approval.
GOOD LUCK :)

Phylmer's reply to 1533Ramsay's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Yep, I spoke with their rep and she said I would have to pay shipping both ways on this thing. However, they would honor the warranty....big deal...it's been burning my hand since about the 3 month mark....I have to use a hot pad to hold it. She wouldn't budge on any of it so I think my focus will be Better Business Bureau or whoever can look into this. There is no way this thing is safe and should not be sold in this country. I like the idea of picketing at the next quilting show....maybe I'll just wear a little tee shirt with a sign on it. I could at least help someone else not to get suckered into this expensive, dangerous purchase. My old iron does a better job...and it was a cheapy!

“Good idea, but poorly made”

Written on: 21/03/2013 by 1533ramsay (1 review written)

I am a man and I iron my cloths and the families cloths too. When I saw this iron I felt like I owed it to myself to spend the money. I purchased an I pad the same year and told everyone this iron was by far my #1 purchase in 2011. Today I was ironing my shirt and the iron burned the palm of my hand. Steam escape out of the cord and handle area and really did a nice job burning the palm of my hand. Call Red Fern. Talked to Elona, and she said its out of warranty and I would have to pay to… Read Full Review

“DOES NOT LAST!”

Written on: 14/03/2013

The iron is great to use WHEN IT WORKS!! I loved the way it did not burn but just pressed so easily. However, I have had 2 of them in the last 10 years and both quit working even though I did the clean out with vinegar. Much too expensive as it does not last!!. I recently bought a new iron which is less then one quarter of the price--I miss the steaming but just will not pay that money for only 4-5 years of ironing. I can see why others gave it such a poor review and wished I had seen the… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/03/2013

Our iron leaks steam through the handle. It burned my hand. What's up! I call the 800 # all they say is its not in warranty and to mail it back in for repair. Ask about how much to repair and they will not say. I love the iron. But, its got to work longer than a year for the money.

Written on: 18/04/2013

If you have had the unit for under a year it is still under warranty and all you have to pay is the shipping both ways. That is easy.

I don't know why you would expect to get the repair cost over the phone, they would need to see and test your iron in order to know what repairs to do. They called me 2 days after receiving my iron, gave me the repair cost, I paid and it was shipped back. In all it was done in 7 business days.

Written on: 19/04/2013

No, I had the unit for over 1.5 years.
The Iron had a malfunction and the tube that carries the steam to the plate of the iron broke and carried the full blast of steam through the inside of the unit and come out the handle and burned my hand.
I sent the iron in to the company and they agreed that this is a danger and replaced the unit promptly.
I am very satisfied. Now I have to write a response to everyone.
thanks,

Written on: 19/04/2013

This is a reply to my comment on my Iron that burned my hand.
I call the company and they gave me an RA# to mail the unit back to them to check it out.
When they received the unit they call me promptly. The units tube that carries the steam to the hot plate broke and caused the steam to travel through the unit and out the handle. They said they would replace the unit with a new one. I got the new unit in the mail in about 5 days. They did charge me 19.00 for the shipping. The customer rep was very nice and included a few O ring gaskets for the new unit.
I have been using the new unit for a few weeks now and I AM VERY HAPPY TO HAVE IT BACK.

Written on: 18/04/2013

I would send in both of the units and have repairs done. I have had mine repaired and it was well worth the money. Similar to buying a car...you have to pay to maintain it or it will not work for you.

Phylmer's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

I'm glad you're happy and think it's perfectly fine (and normal) to send in products for repair. Let me just share our experience. There are 3 of us all with the same complaint. We are all experienced quilters and have ironed quilts or clothes all our lives so I think we know what an iron should and shouldn't do. We all purchased our Eurosteam irons at a quilting show and within 3-4 months, all of us began complaining the handles were so hot two of us were using hot pads. I cleaned mine according to directions...several times, did nothing different from when I first purchased it, but it still got too hot to handle. You should not have to risk 3rd degree burns to get your seams to lay flat. Their answer? Pay more money by paying shipping both ways, then pay repairs and hope it works and doesn't do this again. We've already made one bad mistake....I think spending money on a good Rowenta and doing all we can so others don't make the same mistake seems a much wiser way to go. Just like cars, some models are lemons and are recalled....the Eurosteam iron should not be on the market.

“Best investment we have made”

Written on: 13/03/2013 by bmorgan3 (1 review written)

We purchased our iron in 2006, today is 3.13.2013 at the State Fair of Texas. I use and have used the iron at least twice a month since purchase. I love that it is light, easy to use, and steams vertically also. I have and still only use distilled water and never have any problems. I can iron approximately 10 items ( shirts and pants ) before refilling the resivoir. While visiting my family I had to use a regular iron and could not remember how... was awful. I iron my husband's button up… Read Full Review

“$300.00 ”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by zebulonNC56 (1 review written)

I bought this Iron 3 years ago at the Southern Women's Show in Raleigh NC, I watch the Demo Lady work with the Iron for over an hour and loved it. So I spent the money thinking I would not have to buy another Iron for a long time. Well I was So very wrong ! I feel very mislead and cheated. I have had to have the Iron work on once witch cost me $75.00 plus S/H.So at this point the Iron has cost me over $400.00.( I could have bought several Irons) This was just about a year ago, and it needs… Read Full Review

Ednashappy's Response to zebulonNC56's Review

Written on: 18/04/2013

How were you mislead or cheated? You purchased an item that you loved, it had an issue and needed repair. You had it repaired and a year or more later it may need another perhaps small repair and you are some how mislead and cheated?

Target irons are great for simple ironing if you have the time. The Eurosteam is an iron with a boiler inside to create steam pressure that you can NEVER get from a Target iron. You cannot compare the two.

I, personally, feel that over the years you will dispose of your Target irons and get a new one all the time. I will have my unit repaired and maintained as needed and have the same amazing iron years from now and not be filling up the landfill with disposable junk.

“satisfied”

Written on: 25/02/2013

I bought the iron at the fair over 2 yrs ago. Love it. Only problem I've had is I get sand when I empty excess water. Sometimes don't have enough steam to finish if more than 6 items to iron… Read Full Review

“Frustrating”

Written on: 12/12/2012 by MaureenA (1 review written)

Although this is a good iron there are definite problems with getting it repaired. Paying quite a bit for an iron you would expect that the repair service would be much better. Ours has needed repair twice since it was purchased in Feb. 2009. The first time they sent the necessary part and their repairman helped us install it over the phone. This time when we phoned they no longer send out the parts. You can either send the iron to them for repair, paying the shipping both ways and then the… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to MaureenA's Review

Written on: 27/06/2013

Yes, I would agree with you. But having said that, who really relies on an iron these days. Most materials are crease free.

“very poor performance ”

Written on: 11/11/2012

started out good.worked well. After 6 months then went downhill . no steam at all now and am out the money I paid since my warranty is now upby 1 month. very expensive for the quality. would run out of steam and would have to wait to fill it up. Not easy to use… Read Full Review

“Euro Steam ”

Written on: 09/11/2012 by ddhouse (1 review written)

Totally taken in....better half & I. So it wasn't just because I'm blonde. Sales pitch person just elaborated and displayed and gushed and blah, blah, blah about it at the 2012 Mid Atlantic Quilt Show. Gone is $200 for an iron that you CAN NOT hold by bthe handle because it literally burns your palm. Spits, sputters, & yes blows steam, but is unuseable. Trying to get a replacement. Love how it took wrinkles out of anything, but too hot to hold… Read Full Review

“Please don't waste your money”

Written on: 01/11/2012 by quiltmaker (1 review written)

My husband, not me, was the one impressed by the salesmans pitch and bought the Eurosteam Iron. First off it's made in PRC. Peoples Republic of China!!!!. Not once did the salesman mention that. He let you believe it was made in Europe and of good quality. Brought it home, primed it, used it for approximately 6 hours and it quit working. Totally quit working. No light, no heat nothing. Plugged into several different places also. Contacted Redfern in Vegas and shipped it back. They received… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to quiltmaker's Review

Written on: 27/06/2013

Yeh, it leaves you with wrinkles wrinkles and very little stars