Escort magnum 12g smi auto Reviews

Media Gallery for Escort magnum 12g smi auto

Escort magnum 12g smi auto
Escort magnum 12g smi auto

“Reloading is horrible.”

Written on: 23/04/2015 by cardinals62 (1 review written)

I have an Escort Magnum 12g semi-auto, with black synthetic finish. It shoots pretty true but it is a pain to reload. The first two shells load fine but the third shell hardly ever slides in. I usually just have to shoot two shells and then reload. If they fixed this I would give 5 stars… Read Full Review

“Need parts”

Written on: 01/01/2015 by Cruz270 (1 review written)

I need some help with finding a part for my gun !!!! does anyone know how to a part from this company???… Read Full Review

“Great gun, fantastic price.”

Written on: 16/10/2014 by Paisleym59 (1 review written)

Bought the gun for clay shooting and used it straight out of the box, chose the wood finish over the black synthetic, but what a gun. It felt right, right from the word "pull". Amazing gun for the price, would recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

“Great value gun.”

Written on: 05/10/2014

Bought my semi-auto today for clay shooting and wildfowling and I was very impressed how it handled on the clays, love the gun and money well spent too. Looking forward to many happy days shooting with my gun. Top Marks!… Read Full Review

“perfect hunting shotgun”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by purespetsnaz (3 reviews written)

I bought this shotgun mainly for hunting as I had a side by side for clay shooting. At first I thought the barrel was too long for the hunting I was doing so I went to a local gun shop and got a shorter one. The original barrel was 33 inches long (with choke fitted). The new barrel is 27 inches long (with choke fitted). with the shorter barrel fitted I think it will serve well for shooting squirrels and an unsuspecting bugs bunny. The longer barrel I will use for decoy shooting mainly. I do… Read Full Review

“very good value”

Written on: 16/12/2013 by baggus (4 reviews written)

I bought the latest escort magnum,that is the one with the external chokes and also the bolt release is now in the loading gate. The reason I bought this was to use it as a bad weather gun as I didn't want to damage my expensive over and under shotgun. The gun is black synthetic it performs faultlessly only issue seems to be some snobbery at the shooting ground it seems that some people are happy enough but others think your lower class because of the Hatsan. I bought this gun in West Yorkshire… Read Full Review

Achalker's Response to baggus's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

Buy a gun for yourself mate if you like it sod anyone else I have two hatsans a semi auto and the optima o/u and I love them both

Baggus's reply to Achalker's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2014

Thanks for your comments and I totally agree the more I use the hatsan the more I like it,as you say buy whatever you want and sod everyone else.

Soontjen's reply to Baggus's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

I bought myself the same semi from kirklees guns this weekend and it cycled all i put through it 67mm 70mm and 76mm faultlessly. very happy Soontjen.

Baggus's reply to Soontjen's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2014

sad to say the escort is giving me problems now its jamming and the cartridges get stuck under the loading lever and above the bolt release lever. no problems with the guarantee so will have to try it after its repaired. dealer says the dont have issues with this gun so maybe its me got a bad one. will post info how it performs when i get it baack.

Baggus's reply to Baggus's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2014

got the escort back and will try it out this weekend. no quibble guarantee is brilliant just had to phone Edgar Bros. and arranged for repair. Dropped gun off at local dealer (not even the one where i bought it) it was back in 2 weeks.
going to Humberside Shooting Ground on Sunday and will try to put 100 mixed cartridges through it.
I will take my o/u shotgun as well just in case of problems.

Baggus's Response to baggus's Review

Written on: 11/01/2015

after several problems with this gun it has been replaced by Edgar Bros, up to now i have not used the new gun. I think I have lost confidence in the gun. the fault was in the loading of the second/third cartridge and the only shot I could be sure of was the first one. its a shame but i like to put up 2 clays at once and i need the second shot. would like to sell it as its never been fired so maybe get a decent price for it.

“No Complaints!”

Written on: 25/10/2013

I purchased the Escort Magnum in 12 gauge black synthetic for $350 out the door and love it. I have around 400 shells through it and it has never failed. The bolt has failed to lock all the way back after the final shot but that only happened until I got about 100 rounds through it and has not happened since so I attribute that too the gun not being fully broken in yet. My favorite thing about the gun is that it come with shims so it can be adjusted to the shooter. I have never had a properly… Read Full Review

“Best Gun Ever! Killed many deer with! it see the video!”

Written on: 01/10/2013 by countryboy474 (1 review written)

It is a very good gun. I have used the gun for three years and it still works great!! I use the gun to hunt hog, deer, dove,and squirrel. I have some youtube videos of me killing deer with this gun! the deer does a front flip! http://youtu.be/SRgtuXKYk_4… Read Full Review

“Fantastic”

Written on: 11/08/2013 by Limeyindurango (3 reviews written)

I went to Kellbrook Shooting School with the intention of coming home with a Benelli or Winchesster X3 but came home with a new Hatsan Escort, thanks to Arroni was talked out of spending 3x what I had intended to spend and took his recommendation and bought the Hatsan. I have put around 500 rounds through is for both pigeon and clays and so far it's been faultless, looks good in black, shoots where I point it and with all the extras I can set it up for me with the shims provided. Easy to strip… Read Full Review

“Great fun all round clay & hunting gun.”

Written on: 01/07/2013

Having owned a selection of sbs & ou shotguns I started to miss targets due to arthritis in my left hand so bought a franchi semi auto to use & found improvement so on this development I decided to buy an Hatsan escort magnam synthetic & WOW? what an improvement I just love the gun, good all rounder with plenty safety features & it mounts so comfortable. It came with 5 chokes & stock packs for adjustment.Realy like the fact that you can lock the loaded cartridges in the bottom chamber instead… Read Full Review

“Guess you get what you pay for”

Written on: 05/05/2013

I have owned my 3" chambered Escort semi auto 12 gauge shotgun for a few years now. It generally operates well but I have just shot the opening of the 2013 duck season and broken the 5th spring clip that holds the gas piston bushing to the action bar. This means the gun won't cycle the next round into the chamber. I was assured the gun had been repaired with a superceded part the last time this happened and that it wouldn't happen again. Wrong!! The gas piston had also fractured where the… Read Full Review

“Check bolt for breakage of locking lug”

Written on: 05/04/2013

I bought an older Escort Magnum semi auto serial No. 59548 2 days ago. The seller said that occasionally he had difficulty opening the bolt. Sure enough, the bolt would lock closed especially when releasing the bolt without a cartridge; but this was random.... Upon stripping the bolt I found the locking lug at the top of the bolt had broken at it's pivot point..when the bolt was released slowly the pieces would stay together and function. When it slammed home in the breech as it is supposed to… Read Full Review

“GOOD VALUE SEMI ”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by stevekenn (1 review written)

I bought my escort in wood in January 12. I only shoot clays with it and it cycles fine. I usually stick to 70mm cartridges as these seem to cycle better. I recently purchased a synthetic stock and forend for it for £50. The plastic is lighter and the checkering is so much better than the wood version. I recently enquired about getting some extended chokes for mine, but having done some research it seems you can't fit the extended hatsan chokes in my barrel. I would have to buy a new barrel… Read Full Review