Suzuki Beamish RL250 (Trials) 250 Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Suzuki Beamish RL250 (Trials) 250 - Ask a question now

“i owned a beamish suzuki in the late 70's after moving...”

Written on: 10/07/2009

i owned a beamish suzuki in the late 70's after moving up from schoolboy trials, the suzuki broke new ground with it's chrome frame and sheer elegance. aged 45 i've just bought another and the magic is still there i was so surprised at it's responsiveness and ease of control and balance, it certainly doesnt look dated compared to those square bultacos and montesas of the day… Read Full Review

“My Suzuki Beamish RL250 (Trials) 250 was my fathers,...”

Written on: 24/04/2007 by Sabaratta (1 review written)

My Suzuki Beamish RL250 (Trials) 250 was my fathers, he bought it new in 1974 from a Suzuki dealership he worked at. He rode it for many years until he got married and had kids. When I was 10 years old I found it in the corner of our shed under a bunch of junk and bugged him about it for 2 years. One day after school I took it out of the shed and cleaned it up, after doing some research on the bike I found that it was rare but parts were still available for it. I started to restore it from the… Read Full Review

“I got my Suzuki Beamish Christmas 2003 and then it was...”

Written on: 04/04/2006 by sniper666 (10 reviews written)

I got my Suzuki Beamish Christmas 2003 and then it was 23 years old. It had been looked after reasonably well, and had no paint chips, mostly all original parts. I was amazed at how it started and ran. Like new! the bike is rear dualshock and has a five speed gearbox, 1 down 4 up. It is quite powerful with 15-18 horsepower... and example of this is when my dads car got stuck at the bottom of our field and I went down and hooked onto a big "Ifor Williams" trailer!! It will and can do anything… Read Full Review

Sabaratta's Response to sniper666's Review

Written on: 24/04/2007

I have two 1974 Suzuki RL250. I restored one. I'm working on restoring the second one now. I love the Bikes. They are amazing and I will always be passionate about the Suzuki RL. It is very reliable, has so much torque, and great for vintage trials. I am having some trouble finishing a set of rear suspension for it though, right now I have front springs from an old quad but am looking for a original set of shocks in good condition.