Isuzu Trooper 2.6 II Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 2.6 II - Ask a question now

“This is the second Isuzu Trooper I've owned and the...”

Written on: 25/03/2005 by Timothy Johnson (1 review written)

This is the second Isuzu Trooper I've owned and the 4th Isuzu vehicle I've bought, and I would buy another anytime and intend to buy another Trooper when this one wears out. I think that they are the most dependable and under-rated vehicles on the road today. I bought my current Trooper with 72,000 miles and it now has 123,000 miles and I've had no problems. I keep the oil changed every 3,000 miles religiously and think that is a major key to long life of an engine. I say, let's see some… Read Full Review

Isuzu1's Response to 186590_Timothy Johnson's Review

Written on: 06/01/2006

Dude Did You Know That Isuzu Quit Making The Mighty Isuzu Trooper In 2002?

“PLEASE HELP!!!! I've had my 92 trooper (118K miles)for...”

Written on: 30/01/2003 by leon. (1 review written)

PLEASE HELP!!!! I've had my 92 trooper (118K miles)for over 2 months and i'm happy as i can be.... if recently worry about low oil pressure, i was told this is normal but i don't know what to think about it, when truck is totally warmed up (after 10 mins of driving), while truck is stopped in drive the oil pressure drops under 10 Lbs/in, the pressure indicator those not light up but i still have lots of concerns on this matter. ID ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS LIFTER NOISE, I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY… Read Full Review

71904_Dave.'s Response to 69086_leon.'s Review

Written on: 10/02/2003

First thing to do is change the oil. Pressure will drop as oil becomes older and thinner. If the pressure rises as the revs increase there's not too much of a problem.

Sidida's Response to 69086_leon.'s Review

Written on: 19/10/2004

I too am concerned about oil pressure drop.
<br>My truck an 88 Trooper II has over 289,000 miles and with brand new 15-40 oil the pressure fluctuates between what looks like zero to 55 psi, also no indicator light.
<br>Sometimes on highway or extended lengths of rpms over 2000 the pressure will drop off then sometimes come back. Or if I coast and let the RPM's drop the pressure will come up.
<br>Pressure can change without rpm change.
<br>Believe me I've checked the oil level many times and change it before 3000 miles.
<br>I've been wondering about the sending unit or blocked oil passages?
<br>Any suggestions?

77146_Cncsurf.'s Response to 69086_leon.'s Review

Written on: 03/03/2003

I've had sticky lifters before also. If they are hydraulic through in some Marvel Mystery Oil. It will thin the oil a bit and loosen a stuck hydraulic lifter. Sometimes. I wouldn't worry about a little bit of ticking though. Too much money to replace if the performance isn't hampered

“This car is where it's at. It has amazing power and...”

Written on: 04/11/2001 by Micah Harvey. (1 review written)

This car is where it's at. It has amazing power and acceleration especially for an suv (i've gone 0-60 mph in under 7). As for off roading, it's excellent. I went in some woods into incredibly tight areas and even got mud up to my bumper. I got out and had to pull a V8 bronco out of an obstacle i went through in two wheel drive. This car is really a one of a kind piece of work. I recommend it highly… Read Full Review

“I am now driving my second Trooper -- I am sold on...”

Written on: 14/09/2000 by Jeff. (1 review written)

I am now driving my second Trooper -- I am sold on this as one of the best true 4x4 vehicles (as opposed to the Ford Explorer-type SUVs that really are not intended to go off-road). It is very strong, the 4 wheel drive system is flawless, and will go just about anywhere. I like the solid feel of the framed truck (not a unibody). Isuzu finishes the vehicle very well, too. Nice attention to detail. Mechanically I have never had a problem with a Trooper. Would highly recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

3793_Andy.'s Response to 533_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 28/08/2001

The trooper is ugly but great

63663_E.'s Response to 533_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

39156_Ufsurf23.'s Response to 533_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 23/09/2002

I love my shiny black 2001 Trooper S 4x4- and I don't buy ugly cars!

4878_Laura Sides.'s Response to 533_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 13/10/2001

Sure is ugly-but I love her!

3832_Jeff.'s Response to 533_Jeff.'s Review

Written on: 29/08/2001

Oh, come on Andy, the Trooper is one of the BEST LOOKING vehicles on the road! I really do think the styling is great -- not too much flash and plastic like so many SUVs. Just goes to show that we all have different tastes... Mine just happens to be better (grin).