Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Citation Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Citation - Ask a question now

“Brought with high mileage, which was a concern - but...”

Written on: 28/10/2010 by Izuzugal (1 review written)

Brought with high mileage, which was a concern - but haven't had any trouble from it what so ever, and it really works for a living! It has proved its toughness and is very comfortable, reliable, still goes very well on the motorway and is a pleasure to drive and doesn't feel like driving a big vehicle. Would never part with it now. Tows my double horse trailer fully loaded with no effort, unlike other 4 x 4's I have had.
Got me around the country lanes in deep snow last winter and would have… Read Full Review

“best 4x4 i have ever had & belive me i had them all. ”

Written on: 03/01/2010

best 4x4 i have ever had & belive me i had them all.
payed £300 4 it & its a minter no rot, no rust would pull a house down.
loads of room pulls the caravan like its not on the back [26 foot twin wheeler] GREAT

“bought Isuzu Trooper as a four wheel drive the newer...”

Written on: 19/08/2009 by joycek4 (1 review written)

bought Isuzu Trooper as a four wheel drive the newer shape to get up to our land to feed our sheep, in all weathers including bad snow, we are 800feet above sea level.Proved to be great.was invaluable in winter 2008.
l love it it's me baby sale'd through her m.o.t great to drive everything just were you need it,Someone fitted leather seats and it is so comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer with the great heating system, picks her feet up,starts my old tractor with her batteries no… Read Full Review

“I bought my Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Citation manual diesel 3...”

Written on: 12/04/2009 by terryjslade (1 review written)

I bought my Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Citation manual diesel 3 years ago to tow my twin axle caravan. It has performed well, but long fairly steep inclines take their toll. It is a 'K' reg but has no rust whatsoever, and has just sailed thro' the MOT with no faults.
The major concerns are the charging. I have had 3 new alternators within the last 9 months, all failed due to non charging. The last one has yet again failed, but this time it is overcharging! The only other fault is the speedo, which only… Read Full Review

“Ok, I only bought this car as a stop gap when my...”

Written on: 11/10/2007 by yintong5 (3 reviews written)

Ok, I only bought this car as a stop gap when my Explorer went belly-up (not literally), so for the very cheap price I paid, I wasn't expecting world-class luxury, trouble-free motoring. What I did get was a car that matched the Explorer for boot space and towed my caravan far better than any vehicle I've ever owned.
It is a simple creature, even in the 'Citation' spec there is still cloth trim, and the ergonomics are straight out of the 1980's - most of the 'extra' buttons and switches (heated… Read Full Review

Yintong5's Response to yintong5's Review

Written on: 08/02/2010

Update:
<br/>Well, it's now another 2 years and 3 months since I wrote the last review so I think an update wouldn't hurt.
<br/>I am thinking of selling this car now - though I really don't want to, since the alternator was reconditioned over two years ago, I've had nothing serious go wrong with the vehicle; I have changed the rear discs and put new pads all round, some very cheap (65 quid a time) all-terrain Enduro Runways, a breakers' yard steering box, 1x o/s front CV joint gaiter, 1x rear shock absorber and regular oil changes are, I think, very inexpensive service parts.
<br/>It still starts and drives (and stops) without a grumble and apart from the chassis getting thinner each year would keep it till it crumbled into dust.
<br/>This is probably the reason you see so many early '90's models still around.
<br/>Hope the update helps.
<br/>Stu

“Just bought a 1991 Isuzu Trooper as a 3rd vehicle/...”

Written on: 27/12/2001 by Remington Drake. (1 review written)

Just bought a 1991 Isuzu Trooper as a 3rd vehicle/ winter vehicle, and have fallen in love with it. Fantastic visibility while driving, great for off-roading, and a very spacious rear cargo area. The vehicle shows several signs of rust, especially around the wheel-wells and the bumpers. The bumpers where fixed with some sandpaper, primer and paint. The engine area is well layed-out and easy to work on. I would highly recommend this truck… Read Full Review