Isuzu Trooper 3.2 Limited Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 3.2 Limited - Ask a question now

“My 1994 Isuzu Trooper is The best Suv I have driven in...”

Written on: 05/01/2006 by Isuzu1 (1 review written)

My 1994 Isuzu Trooper is The best Suv I have driven in my life. I have a 1997 Ford Explorer but I replaced it with an Isuzu Trooper because the Isuzu Trooper is much tougher more reliable and has a huge cargo space and it is also much more spacious. The heated folding mirrors heated seats headlamp wipers and the foglights come in real handy when I go off-road. This Is The Best Suv Ever!… Read Full Review

“1999 Troopers are soild and well built, Handles well...”

Written on: 02/03/2003 by Chas. (1 review written)

1999 Troopers are soild and well built, Handles well offroad. Most of the Engine parts are GM.

Newer trooper have solved the underpower issue of the 80s troopers… Read Full Review

104984_2000 Trooper.'s Response to 76794_Chas.'s Review

Written on: 07/06/2003

I have a 2000 Trooper and it is having EGR valve problems as well, keeps stalling out; replaced it once and it ran fine for 6 months, problem returned.

181706_Fred Comstock's Response to 76794_Chas.'s Review

Written on: 15/01/2005

Had same problems - turned out to be the electric wire conector pins on the fuel pump just in front of the fuel tank on the drivers side. Fred

Dtsvec.'s Response to 76794_Chas.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

I also have a problem with an 2000 Isuzu Trooper with the same problem of stalling, with check engine light coming on. The Isuzu dealer here has been unable to diagnose the problem but it started in 2002 then stopped for a approx. a year. But started stalling again this year. Thanks for the input.

“I love this truck 188k miles runs like new ”

Written on: 18/01/2003 by Matt. (1 review written)

I love this truck 188k miles runs like new… Read Full Review

“I was lured into buying a `90 Trooper because I though...”

Written on: 16/12/2002 by Bob. (1 review written)

I was lured into buying a `90 Trooper because I though it looked kind of like a Land Rover Discovery or Defender. At least it was affordable- only $1,200 USD. Sadly, I soon found out the Isuzus are about the worst and most dangerous vehicles on the road. That's why you see so few on the road and their resale value is almost nonexistant. It's too bad Isuzu hasn't yet got their act together to make a tough, big, affordable SUV… Read Full Review

58951_Bobo.'s Response to 58292_Bob.'s Review

Written on: 18/12/2002

What do you expect for under $2000, Try buying a newer model, then enjoy the trip. My Trooper is 2001 auto with TOD, Limited slip etc, etc. It has conquered the most demanding 4x4 trails in the San Juan mts out of OURAY colorado, That includes the fabeled Black bear trail from Hwy 550 over to Telluride. Look it up, we have been very happy with performance and reliability, I also pull my travel trailer with it, power is plenty to haul the 2500 lb 17 ft trailer. For the money it can't be outdone. and even for more money you can't get more great features and options, Free.

168830_Mark414's Response to 58292_Bob.'s Review

Written on: 06/09/2004

I have a 1990 Isuzu Trooper with the 2.8V6/manual tranny. I have 247,000 miles on it. I did change the engine, but only after 205,000 miles 2 years ago. It is a GM engine- same that goes into the Chevy S-10's. And as far as off roading, I have the safari rack, offroad lights and I take it down to the NC beaches all the time, and you know what? While I saw the newer Jeep cherokees getting stuck(6 total)and other vehicles, My Trooper just plowed right through the deep sand.

119829_Niall.'s Response to 58292_Bob.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

Bob, of course the 80s Isuzu (and Pajero, etc.) are basic, unrefined, rugged, plasticy inside. Back then there was no such concept as the SUV with road car luxuries. Sounds like you should get yourself a "street 4x4" if you don't want the boxy basicness of the real 4x4s. As for safety, almost ALL the 4x4s are rated less safe than road cars. So if you want some 4x4, some luxury, and safety, you should be looking at the Volvo AWD or X-Country. You're in the wrong shop!

Swearby 91 Trooper.'s Response to 58292_Bob.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I BOUGHT A 1991 TROOPER IN 1998 WITH 40,000 MILES ON IT. MINT CONDITION. I BEAT THE DAYLIGHT OUT OF THAT TRUCK. I TAKE IT ON THE BEACH IN DEEP LONG ISLAND SAND. I TAKE IT UP THE MOUNTAINS IN THE HUNTING SEASON. I DRIVE IT FROM ONE END OF THE ISLAND TO THE OTHER. NYC TO MONTAUK.ITS 2003 AND I HAVE 109,000 MILES ON IT. MY WIFE AND I THOUGHT ABOUT A NEW TRUCK. YA KNOW WHAT?? WE ARE KEEPING THE TROOPER. ALL WE WILL DO IS PUT NEW TIRES, MUFFLER ALIGNMENT, SAFARI ROOF RACK, OFF ROAD LIGHTS MAYBE 2" LIFT. $2,000 TOPS AND THAT TRUCK WILL GO ANOTHER 100,000 I GAAAAAARRROUUUNNNTEEEEEE. VISIT THIS SITE http://www.itog.com/sahara.shtml
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

Trials Star.'s Response to 58292_Bob.'s Review

Written on: 24/12/2002

buy a landrover and experience true horror.