Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI Reviews

Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI

Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI
Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI

“Practical but not great to drive”

Written on: 04/03/2013 by Pinkyponk (2 reviews written)

I was impressed by the paint finish, the quality of the alloys and the engine on my 2006 icdti. Obviously the boot is large and low down. It feels chunky and my wife felt safe in bad weather on the motorways. Access is good esp for the elderly. What I didnt like: I found it noisy at high speeds (road noise mostly) and the 4x4 would cut in if laden reducing mpg to 31-32. Usually mpg averaged 36mpg (see fuelly). Clearance quite good but inability to lock into 4x4 meant that simple steep muddy… Read Full Review

“Honda CR-V ictdi 2005”

Written on: 20/02/2012 by EDDYMAC (1 review written)

This is my second CR-V, I enjoyed my first one (2000), but this model outperforms it in all ways. The diesel drives like a petrol engine and the longer I have it, the more fuel efficient it become. I currently attain between 43-45 mpg urban driving. This car has given me very little hassle over the years, the odd light bulb, and more recently a knock when cornering at low speed. This was rectified easily by Honda with an oil change in the differential and was due to lack of 4wd use. It's a… Read Full Review

“I have been driving now for 55 years and during that...”

Written on: 05/01/2011

I have been driving now for 55 years and during that time have driven many makes of manual and auto vehicles.
My current CRV ictdi is without doubt the best vehicle I have ever driven.
Returning over 400 miles to the tank, I am very impressed. During the recent "Ice age" I had no moment of anxiety. This vehicle will see me out… Read Full Review

“Only had this car for a month 2.2 ex, but so far very...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

Only had this car for a month 2.2 ex, but so far very good.It has 91,000 on the clock but you would not beleive it.Have driven lower mileage models of the same year some as low as 17,000 but they all seem the same to me and the price was much lower to.exelent comfort on the move.Average around 38 mpg not bad for a suv.Plenty of power frome the engine to.overal cant complain so far… Read Full Review

“Very pleased with this car, leaps ahead of my previous...”

Written on: 09/03/2009

Very pleased with this car, leaps ahead of my previous 2005 2.0 ltr petrol automatic CRV. Great refinement, great engine, lots of power where you need it and pretty frugal… Read Full Review

“I have owned a 06 plate Honda CR-V 2.2 Diesel for over...”

Written on: 31/12/2008 by Madukan (1 review written)

I have owned a 06 plate Honda CR-V 2.2 Diesel for over a year now and absolutely love it. The engine is a belter, I'd heard about problems with the egr valve and even though I didn't have a problem with it I thought it prudent to get it changed at a Honda dealer, no fuss and no charge.
The CR-V is the most comfortable car I have driven and bodyroll is well controlled for all but the sharpest corners. There is plenty of room for my two dogs in the back although the tidy straps didn't last too… Read Full Review

The Jogger's Response to Madukan's Review

Written on: 15/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because of the clear to the point view. Not only the good points but also mentioning the lack of rear diff lock and burning oil. Things I didn't know.
<br/>Thanks for that.

“Owned 3 Landrovers previously, my other car is a Merc...”

Written on: 04/10/2008

Owned 3 Landrovers previously, my other car is a Merc SLK and I still enjoy driving this Honda more than any other vehicle I've owned.(I'm 57 and have been driving since I was 17 so have owned quite a few cars in my time)… Read Full Review

“Having driven many different cars over several hundred...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by Shippa (1 review written)

Having driven many different cars over several hundred thousand miles, I can honestly say this is one of the best cars I have ever owned. We travel between East Anglia and the Pyrenees regularly and it suits all our requirements. I just wish that the Honda accessories were a more realistic price!… Read Full Review

“Very disappointing car. Seats - extremely poor. On my...”

Written on: 02/07/2008 by Ian St (1 review written)

Very disappointing car. Seats - extremely poor. On my 2005 mdel the front passenger seat has very restricted leg room due to the addition of an airbag.
Reliability very poor. Been back to the garage more times than any other car I have owned. Initially air con, then brakes - get brake judder sfter 12 -16k and discs need replacing. Honda have washed their hands of the problem. I wonder if this is as known problem so Honda's "it must be the way you drive" doesn't wash - strange in 30 years… Read Full Review

428349_Christian B's Response to Ian St's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I have have exactly the same problem with the brakes on my CRV and they initially said the same thing, and blamed me! but having built and raced cars and worked in the motor industry for 8 years the argument did not stick. they have tired to wash their hands of it and extend the warrenty for another year on the brakes, the problem has now reterned.

Emsonian's reply to 428349_Christian B's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

I bought this car - first registered Sept 06 - in July 2012. It had done 37k and is now on £56k. It is the first of its type I've owned: my two previous cars were a Montego estate (1990 - 2000) and an Astra 2 litre diesel (2000-2012). What does that tell you about me? The Honda is a comfortable, spacious car, pleasant if not exciting to drive, good for long journeys, and economical - overall average around 42 mpg.
Serious bad points though: reliability: just before the 12-month warranty expired the ABS failed, and the mirrors went into reverse - closed every time you switched on the ignition and had to be pushed into position manually. Everyone - except the dealer - said it was an electrical problem: the dealer said I needed new mirrors. They took 8 weeks to appear: a few weeks later and the two problems would have cost me close on 2 grand. Then a few weeks ago (I'm writing in July '14) I had the brake calliper problem someone else referred to; my local one-man garage charged £180.
Other hates: Gearbox!! Why do you need 6 gears? and if you've got six why isn't the top one a motorway overdrive, to bring down the revs at 70 mph? and the ratios! Chosen by picking numbers out of a hat? So inferior to the Astra in that respect.
Rear seats: yes they fold easily - and then block anything larger than a small briefcase being put into the loadspace via the rear side doors.
Side-hinged rear-door: a matter of taste this, and does offer some storage space, but so big and heavy.
Would I buy another CR-V? I'd want at least two of my "hates" addressed, but I like the high driving position (as much for sitting as driving) and I suspect most of its rivals have their own drawbacks.

428349_Christian B's Response to Ian St's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... it is the same issue I am having

“Overall, an excellent family and company car with...”

Written on: 31/10/2007 by ChrisH (2 reviews written)

Overall, an excellent family and company car with great residuals due to excellent build quality and low maintenance. Low CO2 rating (177) means relatively low company car tax, although due to its reliability record I opted to take cash equivalent and buy this privately.

If only there was an auto diesel version available! Honda take note, as Freelander, Santa-Fe and even XTrail now offer this!… Read Full Review

“The 2.2 Honda CR-V CDTI engine is fantastic. 138 BHP...”

Written on: 15/02/2006 by AlanJ (1 review written)

The 2.2 Honda CR-V CDTI engine is fantastic. 138 BHP +251 lb of Torque, don't tell the whole story.

My wife owns a Nissan X-Trail 2.2dci, which has more or less the same numbers for BHP + Torque, but it's much slower in day to day use. It's nosier, with more vibration felt in the cabin and never managed more than 33 mpg.

The CRV is very refined. Hardly any vibration enters the cabin. Quiet both at idle and on the move. Acceleration is very good and regularly does 38+ mpg. So far done 15345… Read Full Review