Audi S3 Quattro 225 PS Manual Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Audi S3 Quattro 225 PS Manual - Ask a question now

“Owned the s3 for 5 months now, bought it privately and...”

Written on: 28/11/2009

Owned the s3 for 5 months now, bought it privately and suffered in the first couple of months with a slipping clutch. now with a new clutch and flywheel the car is a dream, myne has undergone full rolling road remap unlocking the power to 265 bhp its a real monster! handles beautifully especially in the wet. Only downside is the price of repairs. If your looking to buy one do it! you will not regret it! happy driving!!… Read Full Review

“I love my Audi S3 Quattro and haven't got bored of it...”

Written on: 04/01/2009 by S3lover (1 review written)

I love my Audi S3 Quattro and haven't got bored of it 4 years down the line. It feels solid and safe on the road but can take off at speed. Good room in back for a 2 door but a bit hard to get out of the recaro seats for the parents! Good boot space too. Whilst reliable, it is pricey to fix when things wear out. Beware the slave cylinder for the clutch going wrong...gearbox has to be taken apart to fix it. Very expensive job! Body work seems to wear well. Most exciting car I have owned and… Read Full Review

“If you want something that is quick (this is a quick...”

Written on: 07/11/2008 by tazzerama (1 review written)

If you want something that is quick (this is a quick car. I have owned sportsbikes and this is quick over the ground, anyone who says it's slow is plain stupid or soon to become a statistic) good looking but not too overstated, great handling & grip, superb interior, excellent touring ability and puts a smile on your face then get one, you won't regret it.
If you have a poster on Vin Diesel on your wall and read max power then get a Type R or a Focus ST etc… Read Full Review

“I currently own an Audi s3 mach 1, 99 model, and all I...”

Written on: 03/02/2008 by mat hornby (1 review written)

I currently own an Audi s3 mach 1, 99 model, and all I can say is that this car is brilliant, fantastic to drive, be seen in, up until now Ive owned, Saxo vtr, Celica gt-4 import, Escort gti x2, after driving a BMW m3 before I bought this car, I was extremely suprised with the performance my s3 gave and continues to give me, I dont think ill ever get bored of this car, and by the way, mines standard, and a chipped type r couldnt catch me!!… Read Full Review

“The Audi S3 Quattro 225 is not as quick as some,...”

Written on: 25/06/2006 by Matt Russel (2 reviews written)

The Audi S3 Quattro 225 is not as quick as some, doesn't handle as well as it should, but quiet, comfortable long distance touring machine. Covered 4200 miles in 12 days through 8 countries faultlessly. Suffered 2 buckled wheels, split front drive shaft giter and worn anti roll bar bushes. I have now covered 60,000 miles in 30 months and despite the above enjoy driving the car… Read Full Review

“The Audi S3 is a totally amazin car! A real genuine...”

Written on: 16/02/2004 by Paul1 (1 review written)

The Audi S3 is a totally amazin car! A real genuine licence looser. Can`t think what i`ll replace it with.
Love the image-no TT flash git snobbery!… Read Full Review

“I ran the Audi S3 for 20000 miles and now my...”

Written on: 04/02/2004 by moff (2 reviews written)

I ran the Audi S3 for 20000 miles and now my girlfriend drives it. Great car, but I find it a little boring to drive. I enjoy really revving a car and this car doesn't. Max torque at only 2000 rpm means effortless acceleration and very fast, but not very exciting as it is so linear.

The S3 is a very heavy car - 1475kg (unladen) compares to 1250kg of a Civic type R. The main cause is the 4WD. The car isn't very good with corners at speed, all you get is bags of understeer, lift off suddenly and… Read Full Review

Bvz's Response to moff's Review

Written on: 15/07/2005

I read the comment of the S3 and must say that I DO NOT agree with you at all, my question would be if you can drive properly. I have had mine for a year and its an Excellent drive, the 4wd is excellent and I have diced many a times, I also dont really understand the comment of the ESP seeing that it has help me a couple of times in difficult situations. I have driven most of the new BMW and Audi`s as they come out here in SA and there is NO competion if you look at the S3.
<br>I have also taken it on a gymkana once, EXCELLENT, remember the big thing is not to show off and go for time, came fith, which is not bad considering its a standard car, going against serious racing build cars.
<br>I have to say, I am proud to say I drive an S3 an can not see what you mean in your comment, what are you comparing it against.
<br>
<br>P.S I would love for the Honda, that you talk so much about, to pull up next to me.

Sonamar's Response to moff's Review

Written on: 10/01/2006

I do not agree in any thing that you have written , maybe you should go and learn to drive first before making the comments that you have.

“Im an ex brit pat living in Germany and I have been...”

Written on: 15/06/2003 by Wil. (1 review written)

Im an ex brit pat living in Germany and I have been driving a chip tuned S3 for some time now. This car has been tuned to 254ps. (Its a real monster)!!!! Boys, Germany is the place for this car. Imagine this, cruising at 240kmh without worrying about the police? Its a fantastin car and my order is already in for the second edition which boasts over 300ps. I even prefer this car to the RS6 which I sometimes drive. (Now guys, its true what they say about the RS6. No standard Porsche can touch… Read Full Review