Betnesol Reviews

• Effectiveness

Betnesol - Ask a question now

Betnesol

“I have tried everything on the market for 20 years!!...”

Written on: 08/03/2011

I have tried everything on the market for 20 years!! to find a cure for the itch in my ears,Then my new GP recommended betnesol and it worked, I was over the moon after so many treatnents lotions and potions I was told there was no cure!! this stuff is a life saver.
I have just found out it has been discontinued, so my GP gave me a perscription for locorten-vioform he said its the same stuff but different name! well it really burns and irritated I had to wash it of it was so bad and has brought… Read Full Review

Betnesol

“I recently went to a doctor complaining of sinusitis...”

Written on: 14/12/2010

I recently went to a doctor complaining of sinusitis and he prescribed me Betnesol and after a week, I began to lose my sense of smell. I discontinued use immiedately and it has been over a month now with no improvement. I am suffering now from a severe impairment in my olfactory system and smells which were once pleasant are now either non-existent or foul. I would strongly recommend not using this product for sinusitis, my quality of life has been destroyed due to this product, be… Read Full Review

Suzyq39's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2013

Hi - Did you have any other side effects? Like anxiety? I have been given this for my inflamed sinuses to use for six weeks but not really having the desired effect.

Betnesol

“I have suffered with Rhinitus for 5 years and tried...”

Written on: 02/03/2009 by rsawki (1 review written)

I have suffered with Rhinitus for 5 years and tried all sorts of steroid sprays without really having any success. Then I was recomended Betnesol by someone who had the same syptoms as myself and it had worked for him. Within a week of using the drops my taste and smell had returned . A month later all is well still have my taste and smell and I can have a pint or glass of wine without my nose feeling like it is going to explode ! Would recomend this to anyone who has a similar problem, it's… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rsawki's Review

Written on: 26/08/2011

I too think that these drops are great. Over more than a decade, I had been given so many different types of sprays and drops for rhinitis, post nasal drip and sinus pains that I have lost track of just exactly how many. This was until I was given betnesol drops by a consultant last year. I used them for about a month and I felt like my old self after all those years. it was great, could breathe easier, slept better at night time and wasnt all stuffy upon waking in the morning as I had become used to. I also noticed that I could have a few pints without that feeling of pressure at the top of my nose that so often spoils my night. They worked wonders until my nose started to bleed because of the way they act on the lining of the nose so was told to discontinue usung them. im totally gutted because I am now all choked up again with the same poor sense of smell and taste that I used to have. i am hoping there is an alternative to them which can help. but so far, no joy. if anyone know of any, by all means, let me know.

Betnesol

“Like others I suffer from chronic rhinitis/hay fever...”

Written on: 18/06/2008

Like others I suffer from chronic rhinitis/hay fever leading to severe sinus congestion and headaches. Other treatments such as Nasonex and Beconase were proving ineffective. My specialist prescribed Betnesol to be taken one month on, one month off - to minimise likelihood of side effects. After 3 cycles all my symptoms had gone for the first time in 2 -3 years - wonderful! If anyone has found a satisfactory alternative I would be interested to know!… Read Full Review

Suzyq39's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2013

Hi there - do you use anything else on the one month off? I have been using this for 5 weeks now and not much of an improvement. Did it take the 3 cycles to see the improvement you note?

Betnesol

“I have been using this for a number of months. I...”

Written on: 06/06/2008

I have been using this for a number of months. I suffer with rhitinus all year round and I had lost my sense of smell completely. Within 24 hours of using this medication my sense of smell started to return and my nasal congestion improved considerably.

I have had to stop taking it at the moment because my chemist is waiting for it to come in and over the last couple of days my symptoms are returning… Read Full Review

Betnesol

“Great post surgery results for reducing inflammation...”

Written on: 21/04/2008

Great post surgery results for reducing inflammation and allergic rhinitis, pollen and similar… Read Full Review

Betnesol

“Having suffered from hay fever for over fifty years,...”

Written on: 23/03/2006 by ivan1890 (23 reviews written)

Having suffered from hay fever for over fifty years, and having moved homes a lot, various G.P's. have prescribed me more hay fever medicines than I care to remember. My hayfever still remains at a 'chronic' level but is not as severe as when I was a child. Whilst I have always just about managed to carry on with my life when my nose etc. has been severely congested, and my head has felt like it was crammed full of cotton wool, what I could never cope with was my eyes becoming so inflamed that… Read Full Review

Suzyq39's Response to ivan1890's Review

Written on: 26/08/2013

Hi There - I note that you only used for your eyes, did this help with nasal congestion?