The Wheatsheaf, Ludlow Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Wheatsheaf, Ludlow - Ask a question now

“My wife and I spent a couple of days in Ludlow and ate...”

Written on: 23/10/2008 by HornchurchJohn (1 review written)

My wife and I spent a couple of days in Ludlow and ate both nights in The Wheatsheaf. The mixed grill we ate on the first night was superb: plentiful with good local produce. The lamb shank I ate on the second night was the best lamb I have ever eaten.
Service was efficient and prices reasonable. The beers - Jennings and Marstons - were good. The atmosphere was friendly.
I would recommend this pub… Read Full Review

“Straitforward no frills no problems pub. Didn't try...”

Written on: 06/05/2008

Straitforward no frills no problems pub. Didn't try food but very friendly service and good real beer on a quiet monday night… Read Full Review

“A group of 13 of us visited The Wheatsheaf as a) we...”

Written on: 23/03/2006 by Jimmski (2 reviews written)

A group of 13 of us visited The Wheatsheaf as a) we needed somewhere that could take our number and b) I had read a local review which praised it.

Our initial view of the place was that it was quite small and a fairly traditional pub. From the review I had read for some reason I perceived it to be slightly more modern. But that didn't matter.

The staff were very curteous and efficient. The food arrived promptly (unlike our experience at the Feathers - see N Thompson's review of that). The… Read Full Review

Cazzy13's Response to Jimmski's Review

Written on: 17/07/2008

I agree with this review because... i have visited ludlow quite a few times and have stopped at the feathers hotel which is quite pricey also have rented two holiday homes which were great but we always end up at the wheatsheaf for a drink and spend all night there as we love the the place they have 5 rooms and at last we are trying them out this weekend so wont have far to walk at bedtime thats if we can walk ha ha