Isuzu Trooper 3.5 S Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 3.5 S - Ask a question now

“Just bought my third Isuxu Trooper, a 2002 Model. ...”

Written on: 02/08/2002 by Ken. (1 review written)

Just bought my third Isuxu Trooper, a 2002 Model. Sold my 1993 with 133,000 miles on it. Still had the original brake pads, clutch and suspension parts. My first was a 1986 that I put 125,000 miles on. I couldn't find a better value in terms of room, features and warranty. These rigs look good, are reliable, and can be used off-road. My first two rigs spent most of their lives in Fairbanks, Alaska and had as much time off-road and on gravel as they did on pavement… Read Full Review

“Purchased a used 1999 Isuzu Trooper S with 26k miles...”

Written on: 28/05/2002 by dc. (1 review written)

Purchased a used 1999 Isuzu Trooper S with 26k miles on it. So far it has been fantastic. I feel the product I purchased for the money was well worth it!… Read Full Review

“Almost spent $28,000 on a new Toyota 4Runner, but when...”

Written on: 18/04/2002 by Waterbuffalo. (1 review written)

Almost spent $28,000 on a new Toyota 4Runner, but when I saw the silver-and-grey 2001 Isuzu Trooper S auto, 4WD, 4-door with 19,000 miles for $17,000 U.S. in March 2002, I could not resist what seemed like a far better value. It was a prior daily rental. I added a class III tow hitch, fog lights and in-dash 6-CD changer. My existing Yakima roof rack system fits on top, so I can haul bicycles, lumber, Christmas trees and whatever won't fit inside. It's my daily ride for the five-minute… Read Full Review

69957_Blazers Suck (Owned 3).'s Response to Waterbuffalo.'s Review

Written on: 02/02/2003

Check your heat shield on catylytic convertor. I had same problem (told it was normal). Fixed myself by stringing long metal hose clamps together and fastening around CC and shield. Fix cost 5 bucks.

“I purchased a 2001 S Isuzu Trooper offroader in July...”

Written on: 25/01/2002 by Rob. (1 review written)

I purchased a 2001 S Isuzu Trooper offroader in July 2001. At 8500 miles I have no major complaints. I bought a Trooper because it has many comforts but is still very capable off road. It is not a soft car that has all wheel drive. With a stiff box frame, skid plates, stainless steel exhaust and a strong 4x4 system, it will go beyond a wet parking lot. I have driven many miles on beaches in soft sand with no problem. The warranty is great if I ever need it. It cost 5 to 10 thousand less… Read Full Review

“Overall, my 1999 Isuzu Trooper S is an OK SUV. But...”

Written on: 21/01/2002 by David Lu. (1 review written)

Overall, my 1999 Isuzu Trooper S is an OK SUV. But the noted bad points would have been enough to make me seriously look at other makes and models first before the Trooper… Read Full Review

57255_Kloh.'s Response to David Lu.'s Review

Written on: 11/12/2002

I agree with the setbacks. It is hard to keep cool in hot weather b/c of all of the windows. We have had the radio/6-disc CD changer replaced twice under warranty. We're having engine knocking problems @ 93k miles. We'll see how Isuzu warranty handles the problem.