Isuzu Trooper 3.0 LS Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 3.0 LS - Ask a question now

“The Isuzu Trooper has given us an awesome 174k miles....”

Written on: 23/12/2008 by mortiseay (1 review written)

The Isuzu Trooper has given us an awesome 174k miles. Lots of hard off road still going strong. Will do circles around its American counterparts in off road prowess and longjevity and has twice the interior volume of other Japanese competitors… Read Full Review

“I bought my 96 Trooper LS in December of 1995. Since...”

Written on: 25/11/2002 by Jon Palmer. (1 review written)

I bought my 96 Trooper LS in December of 1995. Since I have gone 147k miles. I have the original brakes on the truck still. I have had to recently replace an EGR valve. A starter went out, and I had a leaky radiator. All of these parts are from GM. Nonetheless, we are still going strong, pulling my boat, and taking me where ever I want to go. I love this truck, and it's my second. I can't see getting rid of it anytime soon… Read Full Review

“I bought my 2001 Isuzu Trooper LS with 16,900 miles on...”

Written on: 25/06/2002 by Steve Townes. (1 review written)

I bought my 2001 Isuzu Trooper LS with 16,900 miles on it for only $20,000.00. Considered many different SUV's, however between the roominess, price and style, I could not pass it up. Love the sunroof, 6 disc in-dash CD, overall style, and ride (both on & off road). Dislike: a few rattles that I cannot locate, fuel economy (only about 15MPG combined), horrible rear speakers (upgraded aftermarket) and I have had the check engine light come on 5 times for no reason. Overall it is the best SUV I… Read Full Review

43639_Bobo.'s Response to Steve Townes.'s Review

Written on: 14/10/2002

I think your engine trouble light coming on is due to your GAS CAP, Be certain that you make it click many times as you twist it back on after filling the tank. I had the same problem and solved it by turning the cap at least 2 full revolutions after it starts the click. if that does not work try A new gas cap, it must be the Isuzu cap, not aftermarket, Note it will take some time before the light goes off even after you have corrected the problem. Good luck and enjoy, you could not have bought A better all purpose 4x4. I bought mine when I could find no problems with the vehicle on virtually all the internet sites that cover Isuzu. Adios from Texas

“I recently purchased a 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS, with...”

Written on: 26/04/2002 by Mark. (1 review written)

I recently purchased a 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS, with 103,000 miles. I have had no problems with this truck at all. I have put 3,500 miles on it to this day and could not be happier. I have driven it on dirt roads, steep inclines, snow, mud, and regular old pavment with no disapointments at all. The inside is very nice. The seats are comfy. There is plenty of room to move around. It has power everything. It also has a sunroof that is so large that it allows you to tan as you drive. A wouderful… Read Full Review

“I just bought a 93 LS Isuzu Trooper about a mouth ago...”

Written on: 16/03/2002 by bucketbeats22. (1 review written)

I just bought a 93 LS Isuzu Trooper about a mouth ago and couldnt be happier. It has 77.000 miles and i payed $8,995 for it and it still looks like new. One owner and he kept all the paper work on it from day one. I love the way it looks the style is just so classy but sporty at the same time.for an SUV IT IS THE BEST LOOK I HAVE FOUND. The new Troopers are nice but i still don't think that they compare to the look of the 93-97. Well a couple of friends of mine have had troopers and i… Read Full Review

Bud Man.'s Response to bucketbeats22.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2002

This was a very helpful review. I was looking at a moteroe or an exspored and i thing that the trooper wins the game too. I realy love the look and the feel of the trooper and i think i will get one i found at a lot the other day. It's in about the same shape as yours and i think less miles even 72,000. It's a 94 too so don't think i can go wrong with this one and if i do i'll come looking for ya....lol.

“During the warranty period we had numerous issues with...”

Written on: 03/02/2002 by Neil. (1 review written)

During the warranty period we had numerous issues with the hydraulic lifters on our Isuzu Trooper. They have been replaced 3 times. This is a serious defect in these 3.2L engines. The lifters do not respond well after long term highway speeds. The first 3min after an off ramp exit will result in loud ticking sound. After 3min the lifters reset. We've tried the all different grades of recommended oil, including the Isuzu recommendation, with little or no effect. In short, the lifters suck in… Read Full Review

14270_Bucky.'s Response to 11489_Neil.'s Review

Written on: 28/02/2002

I too have a 1992 Trooper LS. The lifters are rather noisy with a loud ticking sound which increases dramatically after long high speed drives. However, I have solved the problem by adding a bottle of oil detergent (lifter loosening agent) with every oil change. Change your oil every 3000 miles or less and your Trooper will drive forever!!!

“I have been pretty happy with my 93 Isuzu Trooper. But...”

Written on: 26/12/2001 by Joe Tamai. (1 review written)

I have been pretty happy with my 93 Isuzu Trooper. But in 8 years I have had 3 electric window motors go at $300 a pop. Last year the starter motor. This year new water pump, timing chain, tie rods, exhaust system. This SUV has only 60K miles on it and is babied in every way and maintained to the nth degree by the original dealer.

But parts are ridiculously expensive ($1,200 for a STARTER MOTOR!) This year alone I spent $6,000. Mind you, Canadian dollars. Still, I earn C$.

I could not… Read Full Review

40885_Dave.'s Response to Joe Tamai.'s Review

Written on: 01/10/2002

$1,200 for a starter motor!! Is it gold plated! Look, I just replace my starter for $150 (American). Shop around for pricing and you can bring down that cost substantially.

“I have a 93/94 Isuzu Trooper LS. Its got the biggest...”

Written on: 19/12/2001 by Pete. (1 review written)

I have a 93/94 Isuzu Trooper LS. Its got the biggest sunroof of any SUV that I'm aware of and has the most spacious backseat area of any SUV- even the larger ones. I've taken it on the beach and driven it in snow and find it to be unstoppable. Its my first non american vehicle and am very pleased with it. I would recommend it to anyone and would defintely buy another one… Read Full Review

“2001 ISUZU 4X4 LS Trooper, ”

Written on: 05/11/2001 by Eric. (1 review written)

2001 ISUZU 4X4 LS Trooper,

Bought this vehicle new in Oct. 2001 for 24K plus T.T.L. which was a good low buy at the time. Having had a 87 Isuzu Trooper before, it was good to see the improvements made since then. ISUZU has good solid vehicles that will make their customers buy again because of the solid built trucks they make… Read Full Review