Isuzu Trooper 3.0 Reviews

• Reliability

Isuzu Trooper 3.0 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Isuzu Trooper 3.0

Isuzu Trooper 3.0

“ 2003 y l nda retilmi olan ISUZU 4X4 3 D...”

Written on: 04/02/2011

2003 y l nda retilmi olan ISUZU 4X4 3 D TROOPER JEEP 'e ait yedek par alar n T rkiye'de bulunmamas ndan dolay ok zg n m.
Edinmek istedi im s zkonusu jeep'e ait ileride yedek par a s k nt s ya amaktan endi e ediyorum.
-rne in; 1 tk emme-eksoz subab , 1 tk enjekt r kovan , debriyaj, debriyaj balatas ve hatta 1 tk silindir kapak contas y z nden arac m n tekrar hurda konumuna d mesinden korkuyorum… Read Full Review

Dilaver Avgdren's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because... It may help to find this ting parts in Turkey!

“Bought my 3.0 trooper for £2000 with all Isuzu recall...”

Written on: 19/12/2010

Bought my 3.0 trooper for £2000 with all Isuzu recall notices done, it performed perfect for JUST over 1 month until I noticed a slight misfire and lack of power! After another visit to Isuzu I was informed injectors at fault AGAIN..... not covered by recall as the last set had been changed through this altho problem was obviously never fixed. To cut a long story short I paid £2000 for a 4x4 with full isuzu service history and ALL recall work completed it run great for just over one month then… Read Full Review

“I HAVE OWNED MY TROOPER FOR 4 YEARS WELL SERVICED IT...”

Written on: 05/11/2009

I HAVE OWNED MY TROOPER FOR 4 YEARS WELL SERVICED IT AND HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN I USE IT FOR TOWING PLANT AND MY EVERY DAY CAR LOADS OF TORQUE!!
WINTER WEATHER DRIFTS ICE FLOODS ETC NOT A PROBLEM RUNNING MINE ON 255/65/16 AMAZON'S THIS TRUCK GOES ANY WHERE!!!
NOT ONLY A GOOD WORK HORSE BUT GOOD ALL YEAR ROUND AS A CAR TOO… Read Full Review

“We bought our Isuzu trooper as a 3 year old 7 seater...”

Written on: 01/02/2009 by discovery (1 review written)

We bought our Isuzu trooper as a 3 year old 7 seater from a main dealer. It took 1 year to get rid of it. It cost us 18,000 Euro to buy and we traded it in 2 years later for 1750. We now own a Landrover which outpreforms the Isuzu in most regards. While we had few problems we were told even by Isuzu that it would eventually need a new engine… Read Full Review

“After doing hundreds of thousand kilometers in Africa...”

Written on: 01/12/2007 by Kampini (1 review written)

After doing hundreds of thousand kilometers in Africa in Isuzu I saved for some years to buy my Trooper. She is a 3.0 TD Bighorn 2001 model on 48 thousand miles. I do find she is not as economical as I thought she would be, but hey, its comfort and reliability thats my main concern and she ticks the box in both… Read Full Review

“I became a believer in the Isuzu Trooper when I took a...”

Written on: 09/08/2005 by kayakndave (1 review written)

I became a believer in the Isuzu Trooper when I took a job with a company that used the Troopers as company vehicles for upper management. It is one of the most underrated Suvs to be found, and twice as tough and dependable. At times we would literally load these Troopers with between 1400 and 1800 lbs. of products, and it would bear the load without so much as a grunt!! We never had any problems with them at all (the company had three Troopers). Mine at the time was a new 1997, and I put… Read Full Review

“There is a problem with the 3 ltr engine version 1998...”

Written on: 18/03/2005 by joywheel (1 review written)

There is a problem with the 3 ltr engine version 1998 to 2004 as I understand it. Ours was 1999 and developed a seal failure in an injector causing diesel to get into the engine oil. The vapour from the resulting mixture is sucked round to the inlet manifold allowing the engine to free run on it's own (without ignition on) totally uncontrolled causing a great cloud of dense white smoke. Unless stalled very quickly the engine is damaged or destroyed completely. A set of injectors is £800 +… Read Full Review

Importmad's Response to joywheel's Review

Written on: 02/10/2006

It is NOT advisable to buy a 3L Trooper. We owned one for about one month and a "Check Engine" light was a common visitor along with the speedo not working. After bringing it to be checked we were advised to sell it as soon as possible. If you want to buy a Trooper only buy a 3.1L Diesel 1997 downwards, and preferably with a recent timing belt as replacements cost €600+.

Stagman1's Response to joywheel's Review

Written on: 08/09/2007

I own an Izusu Trooper 3ltr duty and the problem explained by you happened to mine. It was a year in and out of the garage and cost me nearly £1500 the mechanics told me when they replace a part it has a knock on effect with all the other parts it started with injector sleeves then injectors then oil lift pipe throttle sensor ceramic heater and other stuff i even had to buy a new car to get to my work a Toyota Hilux no problems with that. All in all the Izusu cost me nearly £8000 this year not bad for a car only worth £4500

Marquee Man's Response to joywheel's Review

Written on: 27/01/2007

Having suffered exactly the same problem on my 1999 Isizu Trooper, I had a 2.8 diesel fitted (M Burgins and Son, Llandindrod Wells), at a cost of approximately £5500 plus VAT. Although far less gutsy than the 3.0, it was perfectly reliable. I am aggrieved that when I originally took the Trooper with early symptoms to a main dealer in 2004, they denied any widespread problem, and couldn't find a fault. I soon heard countless stories of exactly the same problem. Having recently sold the car for just over £2000, I have just received a recall notice from Isuzu, acknowledging the problem as a safety concern. The question is, who do I sue?

“This vehicle is a true S.U.V. I live in Brooklyn, NY ...”

Written on: 31/05/2003 by Alex. (1 review written)

This vehicle is a true S.U.V. I live in Brooklyn, NY and this city is full of potholes and uneven roads that would easily knock out the hubcaps of a sedan, but my 1998 Isuzu trooper has no trouble overcoming these obstacles. Once when I was riding through Kutztown, Pa; I encountered 35 miles of steep irregular road, my trooper negotaited these paths with mininal discomfort to me or my passengers. Its body is durable, the engine is reliable and it has never caused me any trouble, and the… Read Full Review

“I have had my '88 Trooper II in every kind of terrain...”

Written on: 28/11/2002 by Dreamnevil. (1 review written)

I have had my '88 Trooper II in every kind of terrain available in the New England area...believe me when I say, It is MORE than just a little capable. It easily sloshes through water, mud, snow and sand. I have spent a decent amount of money on larger, more agressive tires with rims, a suspension lift, higher torque camshaft, exhuast header, a rear locker, taller gear sets for both axles, custom front bumper with a winch, cutom rear bumper with a winch saddle, custom made roof basket with… Read Full Review

Goodsamaritan742's Response to 54272_Dreamnevil.'s Review

Written on: 07/02/2005

I'm about ready to purchase a 1987 isuzu trooper 11 and am looking to find websites that sell good modification parts can anybody reccomend any... goodsamaritan742@yahoo.com

“The Isuzu Trooper has allowed me to continue to drive...”

Written on: 31/08/2002 by P Y. H. (1 review written)

The Isuzu Trooper has allowed me to continue to drive even though I have seven dics damaged after saving a co-workers life - The trooper has allowed me to continue to drive, due to the construction of the seats, mirrors, and cruise control… Read Full Review