Suzuki Jimny 660cc TI DOHC Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Suzuki Jimny 660cc TI DOHC - Ask a question now

“Ive imported Jimny 660cc, Turbo, 2002 model, from...”

Written on: 07/09/2010

Ive imported Jimny 660cc, Turbo, 2002 model, from Japan.Registered in 2008. Ive driven a lot of cars and jeeps, including Pajero Intercooler Turbo Wagon 2400 and 2800 cc,MiniPajero, Honda Civics from 1996-97 models to 2006 Civics, Toyota Corrolas all models, Suzuki Jeep 1000cc, Diahatsu Rocky.And i do this for a passion as well as for a living. But i think Jimny 660cc, Turbo is a great jeep. One of the best, has great suspenion,a great a/c, handles ok and is very reliable indeed. Its bumpy on… Read Full Review

“This is my stock review of the Suzuki Jimny JEEP. It...”

Written on: 20/11/2005 by LENNY123 (3 reviews written)

This is my stock review of the Suzuki Jimny JEEP. It is a great little JEEP if upgrades are installed!! It is cheap, good fun, but like I said, the STOCK needs help.

So as cheap as it is to upgrade, I will rate this little JEEP a 6 overall. With about $4000 in upgrades, you will beat everything on the dirt… Read Full Review

“My Suzuki Jimny 4x4 is a Japanese made 660cc turbo...”

Written on: 01/12/2004 by LENNY123 (3 reviews written)

My Suzuki Jimny 4x4 is a Japanese made 660cc turbo Intercooler DOHC engine 67ps or 65hp I have modified it to 82 hp and changed the suspention. I have owned many truck and Jeeps Toyota, Nissan, American X 4 ,,, but by far this is the best Off-road Jeep I have ever had. It's very light and off road that's what count's. The engine sounds like a Porche 911 with some cheep mods. I recomend this to any off road lover! Total cost for a 2002 Jimney and my Mods is 14,000 dollars and my greatest… Read Full Review

Reds2245149's Response to LENNY123's Review

Written on: 06/08/2005

Why do people alway's call 4x4's Jeeps, they are not, they are 4x4's. I own a Jeep and I've owned a Jimny believed me you know the difference, there is no comparision. The JEEP is far more superior in every way!

Gazmantoo's Response to LENNY123's Review

Written on: 27/11/2011

I'd love to know how you've modified it to 82hp!???
I';ve just got a Pajero Mini with the same engine, but mine is a 1994 and limited to 64hp. I want more hp not so much so that I drivew with my foot down everywhere, but rather just to help me up the big hills where I live.
Also, I'm not getting the quick engine response at low speeds that you mentioned. It helps when the turbo kicks in but I'd rather be not reying on the turbo so much and therefore not burning so much fuel.
I really just want to get my engine runnig sweeter and surely more hp would help as part of that process?...nay tips would be much appreciated...

Lenny123's Response to LENNY123's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

I will address you both; I agree that a JEEP is much better than a Jimny this is why I have a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited. As for a Jimny not being considered a great JEEP alternative it is, and for an entry level 4X4 for the price is a great deal and has many after market options. As for my review not being helpful due to the fact I have modifications done to my JEEP (Jimny) I disagree with that assessment. Whether a 4X4 has good after market upgrade options is the reason I chose both my JEEPs. The stock Jimny leaves much to be desired as does the Base Jeep. As for all the JEEP owners out there the Rubicon is well worth it better than all the work I had to do on my Jimny.

Tomdickharry's Response to LENNY123's Review

Written on: 14/11/2005

Review based on an indivdual modified car, so no use to thous wanting to buy a certain brand or model of car. very immature review.