Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TD Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TD - Ask a question now

“"If only everything in life was as reliable as a...”

Written on: 30/05/2006 by timbob1 (1 review written)

"If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen"

Well, based on our experience I am glad that everything else in life seems to be infitely MORE reliable than my accursed Sharan. What a good car it could have been if it had been put together a little better, using better components. In three years we have experienced the following:

* Overheating clutch when the car had done fewer than 2000 miles
* Broken rear seat belt retainers after about 5000 miles. Replaced only for the… Read Full Review

Qprdude's Response to 245011_timbob1's Review

Written on: 10/06/2012

MMMmmm, a lot of minor broken bits. Maybe you should be more careful with your car. Did the stowage locker lid break its self for instance?

“Build quality is rubbish on the VW Sharan. This not a...”

Written on: 23/07/2003 by thomas. (1 review written)

Build quality is rubbish on the VW Sharan. This not a one off. I checked out others at the showroom and all have the same faults. The dashboard trim comes loose.
If you do not have central locking the key goes stiff in the locks when wet.The aluminium in the black window trims always bubbles up over time making the trim unattractive.The coating on the internal door handles peels off.The internal boot lid comes loose (& the dealer can never clip it back correctly).The clips on the internal rear… Read Full Review

Sa's Response to 118284_thomas.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

Don't agree and facts are in error.
<br>
<br>Experience of several of these (and Ford/Seat variants) are that build quality is good.
<br>
<br>Vehicles are built in Portugal, not Spain.
<br>
<br>Parts are marked AE (for AutoEuropa) not AF.
<br>
<br>AE is the VW supply chain designation.
<br>
<br>VW source their parts for all their vehicles globally, as do most other manufacturers.
<br>
<br>All VAG vehicles use the same supply chains.
<br>
<br>The vehicles are capable of starship mileages, if treated correctly.

“My current sharan is my second and I'm about to order...”

Written on: 09/07/2003 by p bell. (1 review written)

My current sharan is my second and I'm about to order my third. For the six years I've had them I have only had one problem where my first one developed a turbo fault, which was replaced without a problem. I keep trying other MPVs but have not found one that matches the Sharan for comfort, driving position etc etc. I'm about to get the 130PS carat which I am sure will complete 9 years of happy driving. I've had lots of different "drivers" cars, but the Sharan is the only one that my wife… Read Full Review