Hitachi 42PD6600 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Hitachi 42PD6600 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hitachi 42PD6600

Hitachi 42PD6600

“Fantastuc Television, I have this with a seperate...”

Written on: 17/08/2010 by terrytimble (2 reviews written)

Fantastuc Television, I have this with a seperate surround sound and I cannot fault it. I took out an insurance to cover pixel failure but have not lost one that I can see.
Give it a try… Read Full Review

Hitachi 42PD6600

“my Hitachi plastic has bumps due to over heating”

Written on: 01/07/2009

my Hitachi plastic has bumps due to over heating… Read Full Review

Hitachi 42PD6600

“Good quality in hd. reliable and no problems in two...”

Written on: 15/04/2008 by whistler31 (1 review written)

Good quality in hd. reliable and no problems in two years of use… Read Full Review

Hitachi 42PD6600

“I bought a Hitachi 42PD6600 plasma TV from Richer...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by alan248 (3 reviews written)

I bought a Hitachi 42PD6600 plasma TV from Richer Sounds in time for Christmas.
When I first set it up I must admit I was a little disapointed with the picture quality however after an hour or so it did settle down and became excellent. Be warned though it really does show up poor quality transmissions or sources
(The Lesser Satellite channels and VHS etc.)
My only niggle is the tiresome way you have to change AV inputs. I don't use standard terrestrial analogue TV as reception is pretty… Read Full Review

Santodel's Response to alan248's Review

Written on: 20/07/2006

I bought this model television in the January sales and use with Sky+. I don't use the television remote at all except if using DVD as I programmed the Sky + to work the television. Press On and Sky button and works a treat. Only problem I have is this is the second television I have had since January as keeps streaking pink across screen in 5 inch wide vertical band every 4 seconds and then flashes green briefly before starting the process all over again. No one appears to be able to fix problem. This second television now does the same thing and I wonder if any one else out there has a similar problem or a solution to try.

Santodel's Response to alan248's Review

Written on: 31/07/2006

I agree. Decent price. Shame it doesn't last long enough to make even a portion of the money out of it. As soon as the engineer came out, he confessed that there was problems with this particular model and he wrote it off without an argument. He also suggested I go for an LCD instead of plasma as "we are not technology advanced enough yet" and there are not enough engineers out there who are able to work with them. So in the end, I traded it for a Phillips 42" LCD which I have had a week now and works a treat. It was a more expensive model but my argument was that I wanted it at the Internet price due to not being able to purchase it that way myself for obvious reasons. They agreed and I got it for an additional £200 although it cost £200 more in the shops. Plus they delivered it for free. Let's see if this one outlasts the original 2.

Buxton2's Response to alan248's Review

Written on: 30/07/2006

Relatively cheap compared to others, although I did buy it at the January Sales. Image quality on Standard definition is poor, too much static, video noise hence streaky lines.
<br/>After 4 months usage the TV tuner slowly died eg. from xx amount of channels to a choice of BBC1 or Channel 5!
<br/>Having sent it back to be repaired (missing all the world cup) It took 2months for the repair centre to finally tell me they had written it off. I had a choice of a replacement or refund, in the end I replaced it with a different brand.
<br/>I suggest if you are dissatisfied with the Hitachi 42PD6600 for the second time and getting no joy after it being repaired, to replace it with another brand......obviously our &#039;bargain&#039; wasn&#039;t as so.