Ocho Rios, Sunset Jamaica Grande Reviews

Ocho Rios, Sunset Jamaica Grande - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ocho Rios, Sunset Jamaica Grande

Ocho Rios, Sunset Jamaica Grande

“I stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis. I...”

Written on: 13/02/2011 by carolB123 (14 reviews written)

I stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis. I didn't feel that it waranted the 4* plus that it claims to be. Travel time form home to hotel wass 16hrs and I expected better. On arrival the very large lobby looked a very tired and not very welcoming. CHhck in was uneventful and reasonably quick. Baggage was left with bell boy to bring to the room, this a service that the hotel offer. 4 hours later no luggage. My husband had to go and get it. this was not a problem but why offer a service… Read Full Review

“I read a few of the reviews before leaving for my trip...”

Written on: 28/05/2010

I read a few of the reviews before leaving for my trip and I have to say I was worried. But once I got there I didn't know what all the fuss was about. My family and I were attending a wedding and we had a fabulous time. I was very pleasently surprised. The room was very comfortable and clean.

When we first arrived we were put in a twin instead for king size. I asked for a room change which they did very promptly. The food was also very good. I've been on an all inclusive before which only… Read Full Review

“My holiday in Jamaica Grande was absolutely fabulous....”

Written on: 29/03/2009

My holiday in Jamaica Grande was absolutely fabulous. I went with my children who are teenagers and they would not leave the hotel they enjoyed the food the activities on offer and made many new friends. This was my second visit to this hotel the staff were very friendly the rooms were clean there was entertainment on stage every night.
Jamaica is a very beautiful country despite what you might hear… Read Full Review

“It was amazing didn't want to go home. Though I will...”

Written on: 30/10/2008

It was amazing didn't want to go home. Though I will say that there isn't any entertainment in the evenings there. Don't listen to peoples bad reviews. Overall it was my best holiday ever… Read Full Review

“We went to the Sunset Jamaica Grand from July 12-17....”

Written on: 09/08/2007 by cvelchik (1 review written)

We went to the Sunset Jamaica Grand from July 12-17. It was better than we could have ever hoped! We read a mix of reviews on this place, so we were definitely sceptical. Here is a breakdown of our vacation in paradise.

Flight: We took a direct flight on Continental. Direct is definitely the way to go. We had to pay a little more money for this flight but it was worth it.

Arrival: When we got to Jamaica, the airport was great. Very efficient and very clean. We went through all the stops… Read Full Review

Tyeates's Response to cvelchik's Review

Written on: 16/09/2007

A helpful review, because the writer spoke of everything from start to finish. The writer was also very positive. It is wonderful to hear people are happy with this resort.

“I booked my Jamaica vacation through Bookit.com. They...”

Written on: 14/06/2007 by AlphaJenn (1 review written)

I booked my Jamaica vacation through Bookit.com. They were wonderful. No problems at all. I visited Jamaica May 25 to June 3 2007. This time we flew Spirit Air to Jamaica. We had a 2 hour delay with Spirit Air but the staff were much friendlier than those on Air Jamaica.
We arranged a private driver when we arrived at MBJ, he was awesome, his name is Ronnie. He drives so carefully and does not make you sit on the edge of your seat.
When we arrived at the Sunset Jamaica Grande, SJG for… Read Full Review

Tyeates's Response to AlphaJenn's Review

Written on: 16/09/2007

I did not find this review helpful.

“We stayed at the Sunset Jamaica Grande from 12th-19th...”

Written on: 14/03/2006 by evie2603 (1 review written)

We stayed at the Sunset Jamaica Grande from 12th-19th February 2006 and had a wonderful time.

Flight:
We flew Premair Gold with My Travel from Gatwick and despite some of the reviews we read before we left about My Travel we had no complaints despite the journey taking an extra 2 hours on the way there due to bad weather in NE USA.

Arrival at Airport:
The airport was a bit chaotic and it took ages to get our luggage. Apparently the man loading the bags onto the conveyor belt required a sit… Read Full Review

Tyeates's Response to evie2603's Review

Written on: 16/09/2007

This is a helpful review for me.