Supercover Insurance Reviews - www.supercoverinsurance.com

737
  • Customer service

Comment from Review Centre

Please note Supercover Insurance have contacted Review Centre regarding the reviews published. They would like to take the opportunity of dealing with customer concerns and questions and have provided the following contact should you want to contact them directly.

"Should you have any question regarding your insurance claim, please don’t hesitate to contact us with your claim number on: reviewcentre@supercoverinsurance.com"

Supercover Insurance

Should you have a complaint with Supercover Insurance and wish it to be addressed then please note your Insurance Claim Number in your review.

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com
Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

“Poor Unreliable Service ”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by SJH12345 (1 review written)

I paid my excess claim fee on 7th August as I lost my iphone 4s (for which I had paid extra on my policy for accidental loss). I was told to wait 3-5 working days for a replacement in the post, which I still hadn't received by 19th August so I called them (after sending numerous emails and getting no reply). An agent told me they were out of stock until 24th August and after that I would have to wait another 3-5 business days so she suggested I take a cheque instead as the replacement phone… Read Full Review

Sjh12345's Response to SJH12345's Review

Written on: 21/08/2015

My claim has since been dealt with in a very satisfactory way, and I am now happy with the solution and may take out insurance with them again. They have since apologised for the mix up. (unsure how to update a review on this website)

Supercovercustomerservices's reply to Sjh12345's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2015

Hi

Whilst we are glad to hear that our staff members were helpful and friendly, the delays that you state that you experienced are not acceptable. The timeframes that you specify are well beyond our average turnaround times.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We trust that your claim will now be resolved swiftly and that we can regain your trust in our service.

Sjh12345's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2015

Today was day 5 of the second round of 3-5 working days within which I was to receive a replacement phone. A cardboard box with only an apple cable in it arrived in the post today, no phone. I made my claim on 04.08.2015, today is 27.08.2015. This is the most infuriating unreliable service I have ever come into contact with, and if this is not sorted out today I will most definitely be taking my case further.

“Lost phone claim dealt with quickly”

Written on: 11/08/2015 by clarebear31 (1 review written)

I was left waiting for a call ball from an agent and when I called to chase up I spoke with another agent who couldn't be too happy to help with my claim, it was dealt with efficiently and promptly and the agent kept me up to date with processes which was nice. I'm overall very happy with my service so far (I have not had the phone as yet)… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to clarebear31's Review

Written on: 12/08/2015

Hi

A big thank you from all of us here for your review of the service that you have received so far. We genuinely appreciate it.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Shocking PR and claims Dept”

Written on: 01/08/2015 by Bethanyp265 (1 review written)

Please do not use this company,because if you need to make a claim as we were, be prepared for a stressful process, they deny receiving relevant documents even though I posted documents with recorded delivery (with proof of posting and signature required, which i have a signature from an employee) which they duly received but denied that they had. I produced every single thing that was requested ,ie,proof of purchase (requested twice),proof of actually being abroad on given dates(requested… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/08/2015

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we are genuinely shocked at the extent of it. We would strongly refute your accusations of ‘delaying tactics,’ however we do ask for a proof of purchase in the event of a claim. We make this known at every possible moment.

We apologise for the apparent delay in receiving, or logging the fact that the proof of purchase was received. We would assume that human error has caused this. We certainly would not use this as an opportunity to delay your claim willingly. In fact quite the contrary as we have time-frames to aim for when handling claims.

We endeavour to make the process of making a claim as stress-free and as swift as possible. We rely on building trust with our policy holders and ordinarily the claims stage only builds trust. Being one of the longest running gadget insurers we feel we have been doing so, but we still have work to do.

As for ‘incentives for rebuking claim,’ this is a particularly hurtful and unfounded accusation that has absolutely no merit. Even less so when you consider we are just shy of 100% of all claims being successful.

Without knowing the details of your claim we would be unable to comment further at this stage. Considering the extent of the complaints within your feedback we would suggest that you get in touch with us directly and we can address the complaints whilst knowing the facts.

Supercover Insurance

Jcams098's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2015

Looks like I'm not the only one. I had a similar experience. It took them 25 days to replace my damaged phone. And when I got the phone, it wasn't even the same colour as my old one...I canceled my policy with them right after because the claim process was far too drawn out. Had to keep calling back to see if they were even making progress. Very unprofessional. Sorry about your situation. This company is terrible.

“Unacceptable service. Terrible. ”

Written on: 21/07/2015 by jcams098 (1 review written)

I started my claim process on 6 July 2015 over the phone. I was told that I needed to email them my proof of purchase which I promptly did shortly thereafter. The next day, I received an email back asking for my IMEI number..which was on the document that I sent as my proof of purchase. I emailed back with the IMEI number again anyway. I then waited 3 days and didn't hear anything from them, so I called them to see what the status was and they were unaware of the email that I had sent them… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to jcams098's Review

Written on: 21/07/2015

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are at the present time experiencing a high volume of claim however the delays that you state that you experienced are well beyond our average claim turnaround times. We would be interested to know the reasons for the delays you state.

Our team provide regular updates throughout the claims process and these updates would only heighten when delays do occur. Claimants would not be required to ‘check up on’ claims in any capacity.

Without knowing the exact details of you claim we would be unable to comment further. We apologise for any delay that you experienced and any inconvenience caused. Should you wish to pursue the matter further, for example making a formal complaint, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly.

Jcams098's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2015

I am also interested in the reason for the delays that I stated. I have completed everything that I was told to do promptly and without delay and am not getting the same courtesy in return. And YES, claimants "would not have to check up on" claims if your team actually provided the "regular updates" that you say they do. As I stated before, I sent my Proof of purchase which had my IMEI number already on it, only to receive an email asking for my IMEI number, I replied right away, and heard nothing for 3 days. I called to 'check up on' the claim and the man I spoke to finally read the email and forwarded me the instructions to mail the phone to your company. I mailed it right after we spoke and guaranteed postage for 13 July. Again did not receive any "regular update" and decided to call back on 20 July, and the man told me that your company "just received it." Still haven't received any "regular update" to the status of my claim. This is ridiculous.

“Replacement phone”

Written on: 20/07/2015 by Medaughter (1 review written)

I had 2 have my phone replaced due 2 it being stolen! Advised what proof of purchase an crime number I would need. Once sent in took less than a week 2 receive my new phone! Excellent service highly recommend them!… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to Medaughter's Review

Written on: 21/07/2015

Hi

Thank you very much for providing feedback on the service that you received from us following the theft of your item. Thank you for recommending us.

“Prompt service”

Written on: 19/07/2015 by Forbes90 (1 review written)

as a customer Was happy with how quick the claim was dealt with, the staff were very helpful, there were no delay when emailing your staff they got back to me straight away with the answers to my questions.I am still waiting to receive my handset as there was a slight mix up with the tracking order. But when i receive my handset i will be happy once again. Thanks for your time… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/07/2015

Hi
Thank you very much for providing your feedback on the service that you received. We aim to provide quick and efficient responses to all queries. This is heightened when it relates to a claim. We are sorry to hear that there was a mix-up with delivery, however, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We trust that this matter is or will shortly be resolved.

Thanks again.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Good service but very poor replacement”

Written on: 17/07/2015 by Serge.Dee (1 review written)

The claim process was very easy and staff is capable and friendly. However, the replacement phone I received was a slightly scratched 2nd hand refurbished handset (iPhone 6 64gb) that didn't really work. Fortunately, the Apple shop in Covent Garden swapped it for a brand new one… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to Serge.Dee's Review

Written on: 18/07/2015

Hi
Thank you for your feedback. Whilst we are happy to hear that you felt our staff were friendly and capable we are disappointed to hear that the replacement was in anything short of excellent condition. For what it is worth we would have issued another quibble free had you not replaced it through Apple.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER”

Written on: 07/07/2015 by fiona.tiree (2 reviews written)

its 4 weeks since we called to notify of accidental damage to my phone . . I provided all the information that was requested promptly as it was inconvenient to be without my phone due to my sons medical history. We contacted you on the 15th june to chase an email reply to be told by return email to check with my husband to see if he had received an email (don't they think I would have done that seeing as we do share a house) when I then contacted your office again by email there was no reply… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to fiona.tiree's Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. The delays that you state you experienced are far beyond our average claim turnaround times.

We endeavour to repair or replace damaged items within 48 hours of the item being received by our repair centre. If the item is beyond repair we will replace it. We aim to provide a replacement within 48 hours when an item is deemed beyond economical repair. The vast majority of claims are resolved within these time-frames.

Every detail relevant to your policy is recorded on our system therefore if 3 e-mails were said to have been sent then 3 e-mails were sent. We would however expect our staff to double check the e-mail address or addresses before sending any e-mails, especially if previously sent e-mails were not received by the intended recipient. It is also possible the e-mails were directed to your junk e-mail folder or perhaps we held an incorrect or no longer used address for you. In any case we apologise for the e-mails not reaching you as we aim to provide a swift and efficient service at all times.

It is extremely rare that customers experience a wait of any length to get through to a member of our team over the phone. We can only assume that this was an anomaly although we would be interested to know the approximate time and date of the call. We would be keen to review your claim in general as without knowing the exact details of your claim we would be unable to comment further. We would implore you to contact us directly enabling us to investigate and put right any failings.

We apologise for any delay that you experienced and any inconvenience caused.

Fiona.tiree's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2015

both email addresses provided never changed from the initial contact both myself and my husband made to your company - we are both computer literate and know to check spam and junk folders .. after being told that 3 emails had been sent we both then checked our web mail addresses that contain EVERY email we have ever been sent over the last few years and I can assure you that these emails do NOT exist .. I am now in direct contact with a member of your team who has been consistent with his service and is now my direct go to person in your company. I received and email from him this morning to tell me he is looking into the status of my replacement phone and am confident he will contact me today with an update. IF you are saying that it "normally" takes 48 hrs then why (ignoring all the previous incompetence) was I told on the 1st july that a decision had been made to replace the phone but we are now in the 8th of july and im still waiting ?? My mobile is my emergency contact for everybody from schools, my work to hospitals in connection to my son who is 8yrs old who has a brain tumour therefore this makes me maybe that bit more anxious and irritated by the service,

Fiona.tiree's reply to Fiona.tiree's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2015

just an update on this review ..... had a reply from supercover insurance to tell me that my phone has been lost in transit (surprise surprise) and that's why im still sitting without a phone however I have been advised it will be with me tomorrow .. we will see :(

Fiona.tiree's reply to Fiona.tiree's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2015

guess what - no phone !! surprised ? NOPE .. still waiting

Supercovercustomerservices's reply to Fiona.tiree's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2015

Hi

We are genuinely shocked to hear of your account of the claim and the inconvenience that you state that you are experiencing. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Can I please take your claim number or policy reference number to enable me to personally look into this matter? I have so far been unable to locate a claim under the name attached to your reviews.

Fiona.tiree's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2015

the account is in my husbands

my phone did arrive yesterday

“Gutted”

Written on: 04/07/2015 by grumby123 (1 review written)

A fantastic five week holiday in New Zealand followed by two nights in Hong Kong was marred when on the final day I fell foul to a "pick pocket" on the Hong Kong Metro and my phone was gone. All those photos, all those memories I was devastated. The hotel where I was staying was very helpful in notifying the police and providing me with the relevant documents needed to make a claim. When I returned home I reported the theft to Supercover and I have to say that the procedure was hassle free and… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to grumby123's Review

Written on: 06/07/2015

Hi

We are sorry to hear that you became a victim of theft however we are happy to hear your feedback on your claim experience. Thank you very much for providing your feedback and for the kind words. They are appreciated.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“35 days to resolve a claim”

Written on: 15/05/2015

I dropped HTC 816 on the floor, cracking the screen on edge making it unable to work. Supercover initally did not give enough information of how to meet all the requirements of their claim assesment.(I don't make a habit of claiming phone insurance) So after several calls and e-mails, I finally the completed claim process. It then took them a month to replace my phone only after a number of calls to them. You have a chase them all the way if you wanted it sorted. They take no responsability or… Read Full Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. The delays that you state that you experienced are well beyond our average claim turnaround times. We would be interested to know the reasons for the delays you state.

Our team provide regular updates throughout the claims process and these updates would only heighten when delays do occur. Claimants would ordinarily not be required to ‘chase up’ claims in any capacity.

Written on: 15/05/2015

I will send a letter to your complaints team shortly with more detail but I needed to vent my fustration in the mean time. I look forward to your reply.

Written on: 08/07/2015

I wrote a letter of complaint. Their reply said it unusual that had not to follow up a delay in their process. They gave a £25 refund for the excess I had to pay as the phone was less than 3 months old, but their delay meant by the time it had been fixed it was more than 3 month old.
I e-mail back to their letter did not believe their apology and I still stand by my first review.

Fiona.tiree's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2015

im now 4 weeks into my claim with supercover and after being told week ago my phone was on its way its now been lost in transit ... will never ever use this company again

“Absolute waste of money ”

Written on: 09/05/2015 by Jackson57 (1 review written)

I would never ever get insurence with this company again. I have had to have 3 days of work to phone these to get a new phone I've done everything they have asked me to and they have said for me to call back again tomorrow. It is rubbish the amount of money I've lost from not going to work I could have bought a new phone… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/05/2015

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are shocked to hear that you felt it necessary to take time off of work and we are confused as to how the claim led you to such a decision. Our team provide regular updates throughout the claims process and if you have no contact number this can be done through e-mail.
We would be interested to know the reasons for the delays you state. We endeavour to repair or replace damaged items within 48 hours of the item being received by our repair centre. If the item is beyond repair we will replace it. We aim to provide a replacement within 48 hours of receiving all required documentation, notably proof of purchase, when an item is lost, stolen or beyond economical repair. The vast majority of claims are turned around within these time-frames.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 26/03/2015

Ref 1591264 I very foolishly dropped my iphone and then drove over it. This happened three days before the insurance policy ran out. so I was not hopeful. I spoke to supercover and agreed I would take my phone to the Apple Shop. Apple said I had to have a new one, so I paid and submitted my receipts to supercover on the Thursday night. On Saturday morning I received a cheque off them. Fantastic service, friendly staff and absolutely no arguments or hassle. Thank you… Read Full Review

“Very quick service”

Written on: 13/03/2015 by Guadalupeb284 (1 review written)

Great service, quick turnaround and really helpful. Would really recommend. Even gave advice about who to go to for the repair/new item… Read Full Review

“Absolute disgrace to the insurance sector”

Written on: 09/03/2015 by SariahWoodruff431 (1 review written)

HAD MY ITEM FOUR WEEKS AFTER BEING TOLD IT WILL BE THREE DAYS,LIED TO ABOUT MEMBERS OF STAFF NOT WORKING THERE NO MORE THEN RECEIVING EMAIL FROM THIS PERSON ,BEING TOLD COMPLAIN TO WHOM YOU LIKE MATE, THEN BEING TOLD WILL RECEIVE PHONE CALL FROM THEM NEVER HAVE AS THEY CANT CONNECT TO MY PHONE ,WERE AS I GET 20 TO 30 CALLS A DAY ,, COMPLETE SHAM!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/03/2015

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. The delays that you state that you have experienced are well beyond the average time taken to turn a claim around. We would be interested to know the reasons for the delays you state. We endeavour to repair or replace accordingly within 48 hours. The vast majority of claims meet this turnaround time. Our staff provides regular updates and in the rare event a delay occurs the updates would be even more prevalent.

With regard to the conversations that you had with our team all of our calls are recorded. Again we would be keen to investigate your claims that you were lied to. This does not fall in line with our customer orientated ethos. As for the carefree attitude that you state you experienced this again does match our standards when it comes to complaints or customer service in general. We have a complaints department and structure that must be adhered to by staff members.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Without knowing the details of your claim we would be unable to comment fully at this stage. We would urge you to contact us directly to enable us to clarify the matter, establish the reasons for the delay you mention and investigate the service that we have provided.

Regards

The Supercover Team

“Excellent service, quick and friendly experience.”

Written on: 04/03/2015 by D.Crossar (1 review written)

Before calling the claims number as there was two policies taken out under my name, rather than one. I was impressed with the service that the person I dealt with delivered and how quick and friendly he was. I then called the claims line who were very helpful my claim was quickly registered. It was a freiednly experience and plenty of information was given… Read Full Review

“Brilliant service and great staff”

Written on: 01/03/2015 by Jeremy61 (1 review written)

My daughter lost her iPhone in a night club. I called the company on Monday by Friday her replacement phone arrived. I am sure it would have been quicker if my daughter hadn't gone away and took her time to contact them. Everything was dealt with quickly and the staff I spoke to and my daughter were extremely helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend them… Read Full Review

“Was a bit disapointed that my renewal had not been...”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by sandy156 (1 review written)

Was a bit disapointed that my renewal had not been updated from oct 14 although after chasing myself these were eventually done and the timescale once on was very fast and very happy with the service and communication received… Read Full Review

“Helpful people - some terms aren't great , but good...”

Written on: 19/02/2015 by MileyKilgore (1 review written)

I logged my stolen device with Supercover as soon as I had all the relevant info and issued it. The team were constantly trying to get in touch with me which was good as I waned to get it resolved quickly however it seemed they needed to triple check everything I had issued them with, including a conference call with my phone service provider. Not a problem, but felt like there was no need to provide all the forms of this was how it would be resolved. Phone came in 4 working days, just in a… Read Full Review

“PROMPT EFFICIENT SERVICE ”

Written on: 19/02/2015 by niPugh83 (1 review written)

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CLAIM FOR MY DAMAGED IPAD .MY CLAIM WAS DEALT WITH VERY QUICKLY & SMOOTHLY.THANK YOU… Read Full Review

“Everyone most helpful in assisting me resolve issue on...”

Written on: 11/02/2015 by Dulceq310 (1 review written)

Everyone most helpful in assisting me resolve issue on that day which was most useful with our location, ie I was at meeting in Glasgow and therefore able to be in Apple store rather than having to ssend phone away and be much longer getting resolved… Read Full Review