Supercover Insurance Reviews - www.supercoverinsurance.com

754
  • Customer service

Comment from Review Centre

Please note Supercover Insurance have contacted Review Centre regarding the reviews published. They would like to take the opportunity of dealing with customer concerns and questions and have provided the following contact should you want to contact them directly.

"Should you have any question regarding your insurance claim, please don’t hesitate to contact us with your claim number on: reviewcentre@supercoverinsurance.com"

Supercover Insurance

Should you have a complaint with Supercover Insurance and wish it to be addressed then please note your Insurance Claim Number in your review.

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com
Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

“Awful! Steer clear if you can! Worst company ever...”

Written on: by Always-Honest-Always-Factual (1 review written)

Following the loss of some items whilst on a recent holiday I had to make a claim on my travel insurance policy. Some of the lost items were dealt with by Supercover, as per the policy terms. From the very start the customer service was awful and I do not say ightly that they are by far the WORST company that I have EVER dealt with. Their 'Claims Analysts' advised that items were not covered under my policy, when clearly they were. The 'Customer Service' personnel were rude, obnoxious… Read Full Review

“Terrible experience ”

Written on: by Mabmar123 (1 review written)

I sent my phone away on monday January 11th.  As I wanted my phone back as quickly as possible I used postal express (which cost an additional 6 euro). I was told I would be waiting 3-5 working days. 5 working days came and went and I decided that that must not include postage. On Monday 18th  (one full week later) when nothing showed up I decided to contact supercover insurance. I waited until Tuesday morning. As I had no phone I sent an email to the woman I had been dealing with. She asked… Read Full Review

“Good Service - but would be nice if they could do admin”

Written on: by 39Puckett (1 review written)

Apart for the initial phone call, all of my communication with Supercover has been via email, which for me is beneficial for me, as it allows me to communicate in my own time, and pass along requested information. The customer service has been good so far, although I am still awaiting a reply to an email sent on the 19/01/2016. Not a long wait, but I would at least like confirmation that this has been received. Other than that, all customer service has been polite and efficient. I do not… Read Full Review

“terrible company ”

Written on: by Denzel388 (1 review written)

i am very unhappy about the service they provide , i sent my phone in on the 1st of dec to be repaired and was told it would take 1 week, on the 21 i called to see what was happening and why i still haven't received my phone, i was told that it was being checked and id receive it that week. today is the 29 and my phone is still in lingo. i called today to see if it got lost but still to no avail. it seems none of the employees can tell me where my phone is and if it is fixed or not or when i… Read Full Review

Rachd5332's Comment

Written on:

If it makes you feel better, I was without my phone for over two weeks whilst they fixed my phone, which was fixed incorrectly but due to me having a case i never saw the screen peeling away, it was only after my screen slightly cracked whilst placing it on a table i took the cover off and saw the screen, which apple confirmed is due to a incorrect fitting.

I sent it back to the insurance to fix but after 10 weeks of having my phone have said they wont fix it, so now I am having to go through the financial ombudsman which will mean even longer without my phone.

I would highly recommend no one using this company. It is a joke.

I hope you get your phone back soon!

“Efficient and Speedy”

Written on:

I made a claim for my son's iPhone which was dropped onto a hard surface which cracked the screen and led it to intermittently freezing. The whole claims process from start to finish was efficient and trouble free. My son's broken iPhone was replaced within a week. I would recommend SuperCover… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you kindly for providing your feedback on our service and in particular your experience when making a claim. We are happy to hear that you felt that your claim experience was quick and handled efficiently.

A big thank you again from all of us here.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

“Worst insurance company”

Written on: by wezdonny22 (1 review written)

I was mugged on 8/10/2015 as at 18/12/2015 I still have not received a replacement phone they do not respond to any emails I will now go to the financial ombudsman because they should not be allowed to take peoples money!… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to wezdonny22's Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Based on the dates that you have provided within your review , your claim has taken considerably longer than a claim should and is well beyond our average turnaround time. We aim to provide a replacement within 48 hours of receiving any required documentation, notably evidence of ownership, when an item is lost or stolen.

With regard to not responding to e-mails, something would have to have gone wrong outside of the norm for an e-mail to not be responded to. We try to respond to all queries as quickly as is possible and even more so when a claim is being made. We understand the importance of the gadgets that we cover, in the daily lives of our customers and know that a swift outcome to a claim is entirely necessary.

We certainly would be keen to establish the cause of any excessive delays. If your claim has not yet been resolved please contact our dedicated claims team. If you wish to pursue the matter further, assist us in righting any wrongs and enable us to reply to you more personably please contact our complaints team. Without knowing the exact details of your claim we would be unable to comment further through this platform.

We apologise once more, for whatever has caused this delay. We thank you for your feedback.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Constantly Promising Emails That Don't Arrive!!!”

Written on: by PhilippaK (1 review written)

Ok, I now entirely regret having purchased Supercover Gadget Insurance! I paid for my policy online with PayPal on 18/11/2015. Despite several phone calls, each one resulting in the promise/reassurance of an email, I have yet to receive ANY Policy Documentation of ANY kind in ANY format!!!........ VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!… Read Full Review

Philippak's Response to PhilippaK's Review

Written on:

Honestly, Please! Do NOT give your money to this unreliable company!!!

“prompt attention very efficient ”

Written on: by keeno786 (1 review written)

I was very pleased as to how quickly my issue was dealt with. The staff were very considerate and efficient. The whole process was dealt with in 3 days which I was very impressed with from end to end… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to keeno786's Review

Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your claim experience. It is both welcomed and appreciated. We are happy to hear your claim was resolved quickly and that you found our team members to be efficient. As for being considerate, we understand how important the gadgets we cover are to our customers.

Thanks again, from all of us here.

“Dont Buy Cover!!!”

Written on: by rachd5332 (1 review written)

They charge expensive claim fees for damage repair (eg in my case a cracked Iphone screen)and incorrectly repair them and then ask you to pay for a new claim when the item breaks again (eg my Iphone screen was fitted incorrectly as confirmed by Apple and by evidence of the screen peeling away from the phone). You are much better to pay £40 to have it fixed locally who will probably do a better job, save you money and get your phone back the same day… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to rachd5332's Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we apologise for whatever has led to this. Assuming that you are referring to industry standard excess fees, ours are among the more reasonable. An excess fee applies to each claim, therefore if the item is damaged a second time a second excess fee would apply. If in the extremely unlikely event that a damaged item is returned to you with a fault remaining or unrepaired damage then a second excess fee would not be required. We would repair or replace quibble free.

The fact that we continue to cover items after they are repaired is a real benefit of our policy. Not only would a ‘local repair’ likely invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty the item would not be covered after the repair. Add in the fact that we cover for theft and accidental loss and you have complete cover for minimal premiums. As mentioned previously our excess fees are also extremely competitive.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however we thank you for your feedback. We use customer feedback to improve on our service where possible. Whilst we feel strongly that our cover is wholly worthwhile and exceptional value for money, if a customer does not agree we want to know why. Thanks again.

If you have not done so, we would recommend that you contact our complaints team as they will be able to respond to any complaints in a more personable and complete manner.

Rachd5332's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on:

The fact I paid £60 insurance + £50 to repair the screen does not make it cheap. Especially as a new one could be brought for £130.

Maybe it is better value if I needed a new phone but in this instance I did not - although now I am wishing I claimed to have lost the phone as I would not have been expected to fork out another £50 to fix your errors.

The screen was fitted incorrectly but due to me having a case on the phone I did not realise that the screen had started to peel away until just after the 90 day period to get it fixed quibble free as you suggest.

You have invalidated the manufacturer warranty as when Apple took off my case they refused to even look at it as they said 'the screen has been incorrect fitted by a third party'.

I am having to proceed to trading standards to try and get this resolved, especially as there is a £30 admin fee to have it sent back to me plus the £25 I will have paid in postage and packaging makes it not worth it.

“Simply don't bother.”

Written on: by Brysonm348 (1 review written)

Supercover promote themselves as providing Gadget Insurance, this is provided in the most basic, unfriendly way possible. When my iphone got badly damaged (destroyed by fire) I had to make a claim, contacted them on the Monday, payed my excess, claim was authorised. I then had to send the remains of the handset into them for it to be assessed - fairly normal stuff. It had arrived by Wednesday and then I heard nothing. Several phonecalls later I eventually managed to get a response, my handset… Read Full Review

Hi

We are saddened to learn of your dissatisfaction and the extent of it. We apologise for any failings on our part and for any inconvenience caused. Near 100% of claimants that require a replacement receive their replacement in a timely manner and are more than satisfied with the quality of the replacement. We are sorry to learn that unfortunately on this occasion this has not been the case.

Our policy wording at no point guarantees that a replacement will be new, but with that said it should certainly be fully working and of ‘as new,’ for want of a better term, quality. If, in the extremely unlikely event, that a replacement is faulty we would replace quibble free upon learning this. If you have not done so, please contact us directly to enable us to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

With regard to the level of customer service that you state that you have received from our team, it is hard to believe that this is our team that you are referring to. This is not a ploy to discount from your claims of bad service received but a genuinely shocked employee reading this being said of his colleagues. We endeavour to provide nothing short of exceptional customer service at all times. All of our calls are recorded and assessed for this very reason, to ensure a friendly, efficient, professional and helpful service is provided.

We would implore you to contact us directly with details of the calls on which you encountered rude or unhelpful exchanges and we would investigate this vigorously. We have a complaints team that can respond in a more personable manner than we can through this channel and we would urge you to contact them.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however we thank you for your feedback as it can be a valuable tool enabling us to better understand our customer’s needs and improve on our customer service where possible.

Controlsguy's Comment

Written on:

Reading your reply just infuriates me further, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words of which I have seen nothing. So today I again contacted yourselves, your call handler was probably the most helpful so far however I am still without a phone and no confirmed delivery date and I was told a completely different story today than the one I was told yesterday.

I was told that I was being sent a replacement yesterday however today I'm told that the faulty one YOU sent me has been sent to wrong repairer when I insisted I wasn't confident to have that one back. You have made no attempt to rectify the situation on the many occasions I have contacted you and none of your staff will let me talk to their manager however they are happy to leave me on hold while they talk to their manager? Yesterday your call handler was rude and dismissive and told me quite bluntly several times that "you don't understand" when I made several requests that I wanted to speak with a manager or complaints dept. If you want to contact me to discuss ,my claim is SC196897 I will be more than happy to give you the opportunity to rectify the situation however I won't hold my breath. I will be happy to post the resolution on here should it ever end positively. The ball is in your court...

“Very misleading policy wording...read on”

Written on: by 270England (1 review written)

The only reason I've given 2 stars is because SuperCover had the good sense to overturn their original decisions. I can confirm each of the items claimed for have since been replaced. Each claim is listed below: sc_claim1 - Mobile Phone Sony Z1 (settled) I appreciate from reviewing your terms and conditions, you were never going to provide a new handset, however it does state the replacement should be in a "similar condition" to mine. Prior to the accident mine had no physical damage or… Read Full Review

Hi

We are deeply saddened to hear of your dissatisfaction and that you feel our policy wording is misleading. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however we thank you for your feedback. We endeavour to make the policy wording as easy to understand and as transparent as possible, whilst at the same time being conclusive. We do revise and refresh the policy wording periodically to attempt to better previous editions.

The conditions that you mention are all in line with industry requirements, in many aspects perhaps more lenient and customer friendly than other insurers. For example, we require items to be less than 18 months old when a policy is purchased and we believe that there are other insurers that require items to be less than 6 months old. With this said we understand that you are providing feedback on our policy and we aim to be better than the pack, so to speak. We genuinely believe our policy to be as comprehensive as possible and extremely good value for money.

We would assume that you have directed your complaints to our complaints team and that the specifics of your complaints have been addressed. If you have not please do so. From there you are within your rights to seek legal guidance from whomever you choose.

We apologise once more for any inconvenience caused. We will be resolving any errors on our part and as always looking to improve our service where possible.

Kind Regards,

“ Claim Ref. 193147”

Written on: by LandynBauer (1 review written)

Really helpful and good explanation of process and exactly what was needed from me as claimant. Cheque arrived within one week of my phone being replaced. Can't fault that!… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you kindly for providing your feedback on our service and in particular your experience when making a claim. We are happy to hear that you felt that your claim experience was pleasant and our team was helpful.

A big thank you again from all of us here.

Kind regards,

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Gadget insurance worth having”

Written on: by bozeyed1 (1 review written)

We live in a cynical age: we distrust politicians, bankers, lawyers and insurance companies among others. We expect them to try to wriggle out of their responsibilities and avoid real direct action. With insurance companies the perceived wisdom is that they will try anything to avoid meeting a claim. Not so with Supercover Insurance. I dropped my three year old iPad and, despite it being in an armoured case, the screen shattered. When I contacted Supercover their representative was… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to bozeyed1's Review

Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is genuinely appreciated.

We are glad to hear that your experience with us, and in particular making a claim, was a pleasant one. We aim to provide exceptional service whether a policy holder is simply amending a policy or making a claim. We trust our team members to be efficient, personable and professional at all times. They know how valuable gadgets are to their owners.

Thanks again.

“Waste of money.”

Written on: by Grant15 (1 review written)

Purchased this policy though Kwik-Fit Insurance, thinking it sounded like a handy bit of cover. In fact, it's been a nightmare. On the 1st September, I called in to make a claim after I dropped my HTC1, and am immediately subjected to warnings that I'll be prosecuted for fraud if I'm making a dodgy claim. Not the best start. I paid the excess there and then, and was sent an e-mail attachment to print out and send in with the phone. The printout looked like a 5 year old's first word processing… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to Grant15's Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and of the utterly extreme delays that you state that you have experienced. The delays that you mention are considerably outside both our target and average turnaround times. We would therefore assume something out of the ordinary has occurred. We apologise nonetheless for any delays experienced and for any inconvenience caused.

You refer to a ‘warning’ which is a declaration, in line with industry guidelines, asking you to confirm that the answers given are correct to the best of your knowledge. We feel that it is not the insinuating warning that perhaps you are intending to make it out to be. We would expect that our team members deliver this and any other details or messages to our policy holders in a professional yet sincere manner.

We regard to the printout you refer to we can only assume that an error of some description has occurred or perhaps a draft has been sent prior to being proof read. Whilst not excusable we would put this down to human error and uncommon instances such as this are certainly not indicative of the high standards that we expect from our team.

We do not wish to imply that we never make mistakes but the chain of customer service failings that you have stated are not in keeping with our ethos nor standards. Claimants are notified at various stages of an ordinarily brief repair or replacement process, of all updates and relevant pieces of information. Claimants do not have to ‘chase’ claims. Whilst a dedicated claims handler will oversee your claim with a personable approach, another member of our team can pick up where their colleague has left off, allowing for such eventualities as absences.

Our repair centres are held to the same high standards as our claims team and are an extension of us. If they fail we fail. Again, we must stress that the overwhelming majority of the claims and repairs are carried out not only without issue but with after-the-fact praise.

As far as pricings go our premiums are extremely competitive as is an excess fees that may apply. Not only do we cover up to and including any claims arising but we cover after the claim is completed too. This means that repaired items or replacements we issue remain covered for the duration of your policy. A high-street repair, will if not the manufacturer, invalidate any manufacturer’s warranty and leave you one drop loss or theft away from having to shell out again.

We trust that you claim has now been resolved, however considering the extent of your feedback we would welcome direct contact from you. We could then address the points that you have raised whilst having your policy in front of us, for example knowing what has caused any delays. Without having the policy in front of us we would not be able to comment further.

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to Grant15's Review

Hi

As far as pricing go our premiums we feel that they are extremely competitive as is an excess fees that may apply. Not only do we cover up to and including any claims arising but we cover after the claim is completed too. This means that repaired items or replacements we issue remain covered for the duration of your policy. A high-street repair, will if not the manufacturer, invalidate any manufacturer’s warranty and leave you one drop loss or theft away from having to shell out again.

Grant15's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on:

thanks for your response, and I would be very keen to have a conversation directly with you, however the news even now isn't particularly good!

I now have a replacement phone, however when I switched it on:
- I found that your contact centre had been calling the mobile phone that was in for repair to provide me with the updates, despite me providing my work phone number for contact the first time I called, which is why I never received the updates.
- The DPD delivery updates were all being sent to my mobile phone as SMS messages, instead of e-mailed to me as had been stated in the original deliver e-mail message, so I didn't get these either.
- the phone (albeit, is brand new and in beautiful condition) is basically a beta test machine and so it's impossible to amend the privacy settings, which connects home to HTC if you have an app crash and provides scarily accurate and detailed information on my location, browsing history, what apps I have, and what I was doing at the time of the crash - so I'm pretty reticent about re-installing stuff, eg my online banking app...

Luckily I'm due an upgrade in a few months so will not have to hang on to this device.

If I were to contact you to discuss this further, how would I go about it?

Thanks
G

“iPhone 5C replacment”

Written on: by AryannaOlson (1 review written)

Recently had a fault with an IPhone 5C. Had it checked out at the Apple Store and it was terminal. Contacted Supercover Insurance to make a claim and it was all sorted that day, claim approved, bought the new phone and the cheque was sent out the day after. Great service… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your claim experience. It is both welcomed and appreciated. We understand that having something happen to such vital and valuable gadgets can be crushing.

Thanks again, from all of us here.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Very Good Customer Service”

Written on: by CarleeCarson160 (1 review written)

Really pleased with the level of Customer Service our Project Manager left his phone on the Tube and we had a replacement within 48 hours… Read Full Review

Hi

We are very appreciative of any feedback given by our customers. Thank you for providing yours on the service that you received whilst making a claiming.

“ipad damaged”

Written on: by berniefallon (1 review written)

changed my ipad with no problems, sorted within a day… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to berniefallon's Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of claiming with Supercover Insurance. We welcome all feedback and it is genuinely appreciated.

Thanks again

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Poor Unreliable Service ”

Written on: by SJH12345 (1 review written)

I paid my excess claim fee on 7th August as I lost my iphone 4s (for which I had paid extra on my policy for accidental loss). I was told to wait 3-5 working days for a replacement in the post, which I still hadn't received by 19th August so I called them (after sending numerous emails and getting no reply). An agent told me they were out of stock until 24th August and after that I would have to wait another 3-5 business days so she suggested I take a cheque instead as the replacement phone… Read Full Review

Sjh12345's Response to SJH12345's Review

Written on:

My claim has since been dealt with in a very satisfactory way, and I am now happy with the solution and may take out insurance with them again. They have since apologised for the mix up. (unsure how to update a review on this website)

Supercovercustomerservices's reply to Sjh12345's Comment

Hi

Whilst we are glad to hear that our staff members were helpful and friendly, the delays that you state that you experienced are not acceptable. The timeframes that you specify are well beyond our average turnaround times.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We trust that your claim will now be resolved swiftly and that we can regain your trust in our service.

Sjh12345's reply to Supercovercustomerservices's Comment

Written on:

Today was day 5 of the second round of 3-5 working days within which I was to receive a replacement phone. A cardboard box with only an apple cable in it arrived in the post today, no phone. I made my claim on 04.08.2015, today is 27.08.2015. This is the most infuriating unreliable service I have ever come into contact with, and if this is not sorted out today I will most definitely be taking my case further.

“Lost phone claim dealt with quickly”

Written on: by clarebear31 (1 review written)

I was left waiting for a call ball from an agent and when I called to chase up I spoke with another agent who couldn't be too happy to help with my claim, it was dealt with efficiently and promptly and the agent kept me up to date with processes which was nice. I'm overall very happy with my service so far (I have not had the phone as yet)… Read Full Review

Supercovercustomerservices's Response to clarebear31's Review

Hi

A big thank you from all of us here for your review of the service that you have received so far. We genuinely appreciate it.

The Supercover Insurance Team

“Shocking PR and claims Dept”

Written on: by Bethanyp265 (1 review written)

Please do not use this company,because if you need to make a claim as we were, be prepared for a stressful process, they deny receiving relevant documents even though I posted documents with recorded delivery (with proof of posting and signature required, which i have a signature from an employee) which they duly received but denied that they had. I produced every single thing that was requested ,ie,proof of purchase (requested twice),proof of actually being abroad on given dates(requested… Read Full Review

Hi

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we are genuinely shocked at the extent of it. We would strongly refute your accusations of ‘delaying tactics,’ however we do ask for a proof of purchase in the event of a claim. We make this known at every possible moment.

We apologise for the apparent delay in receiving, or logging the fact that the proof of purchase was received. We would assume that human error has caused this. We certainly would not use this as an opportunity to delay your claim willingly. In fact quite the contrary as we have time-frames to aim for when handling claims.

We endeavour to make the process of making a claim as stress-free and as swift as possible. We rely on building trust with our policy holders and ordinarily the claims stage only builds trust. Being one of the longest running gadget insurers we feel we have been doing so, but we still have work to do.

As for ‘incentives for rebuking claim,’ this is a particularly hurtful and unfounded accusation that has absolutely no merit. Even less so when you consider we are just shy of 100% of all claims being successful.

Without knowing the details of your claim we would be unable to comment further at this stage. Considering the extent of the complaints within your feedback we would suggest that you get in touch with us directly and we can address the complaints whilst knowing the facts.

Supercover Insurance

Jcams098's Comment

Written on:

Looks like I'm not the only one. I had a similar experience. It took them 25 days to replace my damaged phone. And when I got the phone, it wasn't even the same colour as my old one...I canceled my policy with them right after because the claim process was far too drawn out. Had to keep calling back to see if they were even making progress. Very unprofessional. Sorry about your situation. This company is terrible.