Acer Aspire 1690 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Acer Aspire 1690 - Ask a question now

Acer Aspire 1690

“I had an Acer Aspire since it first came out and I've...”

Written on: 05/05/2009

I had an Acer Aspire since it first came out and I've had countless problems with it. Luckily I got the extended insurance and waranty from the shop! The screen had broke on me twice, the sound card went faulty, the AC Adapter for the battery charger had a loose connection, the CDRW failed to write DVDs or CDs, the Graphics Card had blown and the system fan inside had either dislodged it self or the bearing went as it made some horrible noises! The motherboard has been replaced and overall it… Read Full Review

Dovechick's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2009

I've got the Acer Travel Mate 6410 and I have similar problems. It was not cheap in the first place as I wanted something to replace the desktop PC but I have spent at least another £400 on getting it to work properly. When I first got it I had problems with the sound card, switching the network adapter on, and a clash between the ACER program (which was supposed to make it easier to get started) and Windows. I had to buy some extra memory because although it came with Vista, it could not handle it. (Vista is a much larger program than XP) Recently I have had to have the AC adapter input on the laptop repaired.

Acer Aspire 1690

“I do not recomemnd to spend money on this laptop......”

Written on: 07/09/2008

I do not recomemnd to spend money on this laptop... Two weeks after buying the laptop I had to send it back to get fixed as a line appeared across the screen for some reason, a couple of months I had to send it back again as it would'nt start and now the cd driver cannot be detected! Problems like this are not worth paying for I feel therefore I do not recommend the Acer Aspire 1690 laptop… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Acer Aspire 1690

“Would never buy another one.”

Written on: 24/07/2007 by maggieceltstim (1 review written)

Would never buy another one… Read Full Review

Acer Aspire 1690

“I have an Acer Aspire 1690 laptop computer. Six...”

Written on: 09/03/2006 by Humbug1965 (1 review written)

I have an Acer Aspire 1690 laptop computer. Six months after buying it the screen developed a vertical stripe obscuring a three inch band of screen.

I'm willing to give Acer the benefit of the doubt and accept I was unlucky, but anyone thinking of buying an Acer should spend a few moments thinking about the quality of their customer service should anything go wrong.

If you're happy to wait 30 - 40 minutes for phones to be answered, happy to be asked to arrange a courier collection, and… Read Full Review

274584_Aj121Uk's Response to Humbug1965's Review

Written on: 15/01/2007

I agree with everything you say. My Acer laptop had a horizontal line across it, and luckily Acer repaired it under warranty. It has now happened again and Acer are charging me. It is cheaper to go and buy another laptop elsewhere than pay the bill!