Citroen C3 1.4 HDI Exclusive Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Citroen C3 1.4 HDI Exclusive - Ask a question now

“My husband decided to buy me this car without a test...”

Written on: 02/05/2011 by elynn1 (1 review written)

My husband decided to buy me this car without a test drive (not a good move). The car is certainly comfortable, plenty of space for the driver and front passenger, though perhaps a bit cramped in the rear for 3 adults, though it's fine for my 3 children. The boot space is good, and there are good gadgets with a great stereo and built in blue tooth in the VTR+ model that I have.

Driving it however is another story. The steering is very very light, so light however that it can feel that the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to elynn1's Review

Written on: 17/09/2011

tell this lady to relax more in the car instead of fighting it, she needs to ride in a modern hgv, air suspension rolls one way, suspendended cabin rolls the other way, then suspension seat bounces up and down, if one do'es not relax in the vehichle it is like being on the sea. i have drove all sorts of cars and i own a c3 and i honestly think the car is brilliant,,but don't expect a rolls royce for the same money

Djk1971's Response to elynn1's Review

Written on: 15/12/2013

I have exactly the same problem with my wife's 2011 c3 1.4 hdi connection. When the car drives over bumps the thickness of road markings while on a bend or roundabout, it feels as if you have momentarily lost contact with tera firma and there is a definite sideways shift - it's very unnerving especially at high speed. Thinking of asking the dealer to take a look or see if I can compare with a new one in case there's a fault I don't know about.

“On my first Major run i was going from Essex to Leeds...”

Written on: 16/01/2011

On my first Major run i was going from Essex to Leeds after 17 miles the engine cut out on busy roundabout on the dashboard computer it said (Anti Pollution)the RAC could not fix it. it went to the Dealer had 3 days but could not give an explanation as to it meaning .I Phoned Citroen it was that the diesel engine needed to longs run once a week or monthly.
I am now wondering what will happen on my next long trip.
I Don't think that Citroen could give me an explanation. I Was not happy with the… Read Full Review

“This is a review of the new C3 1.4 HDi 5dr purchased...”

Written on: 25/08/2010 by Regular Car Driver (1 review written)

This is a review of the new C3 1.4 HDi 5dr purchased 2010. I test drove a number of cars which had to have the following specification: comfort but be able to cope with spirited driving when required, economical daily driver but not be left behind in fast moving traffic, modern looking and low insurance/tax costs, with decent space for 5 adults..oh and some gadgets.
I had looked at most other small cars but fell for the quirky good looks (with moving headlining to give vast front screen), the… Read Full Review

“Other than the suspension problem the Citroen C3 1.4...”

Written on: 22/05/2006 by ChasKB (1 review written)

Other than the suspension problem the Citroen C3 1.4 HDI Exclusive is a great little car.Very economical (66 mpg).
Quiet for a small car.
Very relaxing drive, almost like a big saloon.
Remarkable amount of space, especially with the rear seats down. I can get a bass amp, guitar amp, P.A. and guitars in there… Read Full Review

“I have a 2003 Citroen C3 1.4HDi. A couple of times the...”

Written on: 13/03/2006 by dgahunt (2 reviews written)

I have a 2003 Citroen C3 1.4HDi. A couple of times the car has refused to start. I've called the AA, but had to cancel, as half an hour later the car starts with no problem. I once got locked into my wife's petrol model C3. Doors would not open from the inside. Engine cuts out while driving. On motorway at 70, going up 1/4 hill in 2nd, overtaking in 3rd, etc. No fault found by garage. Happens at least once a week… Read Full Review

Dgahunt's Response to dgahunt's Review

Written on: 26/08/2013

After the third or fourth long stay at the Citroen dealer (they gave me a loan) they found a pin sized leak in the fuel line which had been letting air into the system, but not big enough to let fuel out. Sold soon afterwards.

“I read a lot of reviews before buying a Citroen C3 and...”

Written on: 25/05/2005 by gerrards (4 reviews written)

I read a lot of reviews before buying a Citroen C3 and though I was attracted by reports of exceptional mileage from the HDi diesel, I was frankly a little worried by some very negative ones about computers falling over, doors failing to open and the like. In the end my experience has been almost completely positive.

I went for the HDi 1.4 Exclusive diesel with extras such as climate control, cruise control and arm rests. Add them together to general quietness (apart from some wind noise from… Read Full Review

Twizzle123's Response to gerrards's Review

Written on: 25/05/2005

The citreon saxo is a excellent car and i am interested in buying one in the very near future so wat you have said has helped me a lot

“I love my Citroen C3.............but my husband...”

Written on: 03/07/2004 by minkymansion (1 review written)

I love my Citroen C3.............but my husband bought a Friday 5:10pm one!! Yes we bought 2 of the bloody things! Mine's great though........no problems at all… Read Full Review

Lisaallison852's Response to minkymansion's Review

Written on: 16/01/2005

Believe me there are hundreds of customers facing problems, The C3 has recently been on Brassed of about Britian, Watchdog and came bottom in all surveys carried out by top gear. I agree that you should only buy this car for you worst enemy! I'd love to help you sort out your problems, I have a long list of customers information and problems and have been working for months to put a big case together and launch a massive campaign! I'd love to hear from you and will do all i can to help. Please email me at Lisaallison852@aol.com