Vanquis Bank Credit Card Reviews

• Customer service

Vanquis Bank Credit Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vanquis Bank Credit Card

Vanquis Bank Credit Card

“They prey on desperate people and they should be stoped”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by Lifeuk (1 review written)

What makes me laugh is that you are calling the others'' Thick '' where you have no idea about the bank. Yes, you have to pay what you take but at a cost of 43% charge on top of it. Their website says 39.9% APR . .. The leaflet said 49.9% APR Vanquis Bank is a responsible lender and we provide our customers with support, education and help in controlling their spending. We do this by being transparent about our products and pricing, and providing high levels of customer service. Vanquis Bank is… Read Full Review

“Are You All Thick ”

Written on: 10/03/2015 by andy4uk (1 review written)

I have been accepted by Vanquis for a card in the last couple of days and feel I need to add to your comments even though I haven't received the card yet. I read through all your comments regarding charges and telephone harassment and I can understand why Vanquis have to charge such high rates as nobody on here seems to understand that you need to pay back what you spend. You should be saying thank you to Vanquis for risking their money loaning it to us in the first place. We have all (or most… Read Full Review

Lifeuk's Response to andy4uk's Review

Written on: 11/03/2015

Their website says 39.9% APR . .. The leaflet said 49.9% APR
Vanquis Bank is a responsible lender and we provide our customers with support, education and help in controlling their spending. We do this by being transparent about our products and pricing, and providing high levels of customer service. Vanquis Bank is part of Provident Financial plc, a leading international company providing financial products to thousands of people across the world.
Vanquis Visa card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited.

I love the bit about Educating customers and help in controlling their spending.
A Responsible Lender. If anyone has one of these cards please let me know how you sleep at night, because this to me, is extortion and they should be pulled up about it. Grrrrrrrrrr Grinds teeth in disgust . .

Fatpat0099's Response to andy4uk's Review

Written on: 17/03/2015

Pay your debts and you wouldn't need to apply for these types of cards RANT OVER

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 05/03/2015 by Mead285 (1 review written)

I have been with vanquis for 5 years and before i knew what had happened i had my limits increased and i owed them 3000 from buying a car ect. i always payed and have never missed a payment but unfortunate only ever made minimum amount the interest they charge is like day light robbery and makes it impossible to ever pay them back they have received 6000 in interest over last 5 years and i i still owe them 2700 i have now managed to get a loan from a better company and have paid balance in full… Read Full Review

“Stop e mailing me on Christmas day you sad sad so very...”

Written on: 28/02/2015

I don't want your credit card as I have better one's I receive 40 e mails from you every week stop it, including Christmas day..... I will never use your credit card ever so stop the e mails or I will report you to the financial ombudsman and the FCA for harassment… Read Full Review

“Absolutely do not touch ”

Written on: 27/02/2015 by lmWoodard43 (1 review written)

Vanquis set payment dates and add charges as they please. All they want is make more money out of people… Read Full Review

“DO NOT TOUCH”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by Kirkpatricksg16 (1 review written)

I had a Vanquis Visa card for quite a while and it is the worst company I have every come across they get even worse when you try to close your account, I close my account late last year and they forgot to cancel the Card Protection which meant they charged a close account money 20 days after it was cancelled, I never got a statement or notification I was still being charge until all the phone calls started, this company will harass you even if you only owe 1p on you account so far I have… Read Full Review

“Gave me a chance”

Written on: 17/02/2015 by roryjames (3 reviews written)

Applied for this card whilst I was a student with no credit history, was referred for what they call an "Alpha Card" which is what they offer people whose credit score is too low for a standard vanquis visa card, All this means is my limit started at an initial 100 and i was met with an APR of 69% and a higher minimum payment to keep my account out of arrears, This account has almost been open for an entire year and my limit hasn't budged unfortunately, but since using this card my credit has… Read Full Review

“Absolute Rubbish”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by dqGardner1949 (1 review written)

These people have zero customer service. I have attempted to get answers numerous times and have been spoken to like a piece of dirt. Avoid at all costs. … Read Full Review

“Vanquis bank review”

Written on: 26/12/2014 by Spc1971 (1 review written)

Rubbish company providing a rubbish service. The available credit on your card does not take in to account interest that is going to be charged on your next statement. Hence I have now ended up over limit and can not get back in my limit. This is because they keep making exstortionate charges on each statement and asking for an unrealistic amount of money each month. When you call them they are rude unhelpful and don't care. Just want their money back and greedy charges. A total waste of space… Read Full Review

Ihatevanquis's Response to Spc1971's Review

Written on: 05/01/2015

I completely agree! They take ridiculous amounta of money from you each month and when i questioned them about it they advised only £2 was clearing from my account each month!!! Everytime i ring them i end up getting angry! Turns out now... Ive cleared my card and my account is in credit BUT i now have to may £90 interest before i can close the account! Hope they enjoy their nights out with our money! Would advise anyone against this company!!!!!

Ste1983's Response to Spc1971's Review

Written on: 23/01/2015

Like that with every credit card. Charges and interest are not included in credit limit. Bit of a daft mistake to be honest

“Rubbish card”

Written on: 25/12/2014 by 120Cooper (1 review written)

After paying them to email me when I'm getting overdrawn and telling me I have X amount to spend, recfently they have just got it right so that I spend what they say, then bang a load of charges on me. So don't pay the Repayment Option Plan, it's not worth it for £150 anyway. I'm going to get it paid up and closed in the New Year, wish I'd never bothered getting one. They prey on people these days who need a bit of extra cash and it is only a bit too. When you phone to speak to someone… Read Full Review

“constantly calling”

Written on: 25/12/2014 by mvWright43 (1 review written)

If you miss a payment with these they will call several times a day on several numbers, they have aquired numbers with my local area code too to try to get me to answer, I work nights and wake up often to find 3-4 missed calls from them. I have to switch my phone off so I am not woken, even after you pay the £8 they're chasing, the calls continue with countless marketing calls, awful people, awful intrusion avoid if you can… Read Full Review

Imcallingyoufornonpaymentlol's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

thats your own fault! may the calls continue

“Credit increase leaves alot to be desired”

Written on: 22/12/2014 by ajones32 (1 review written)

I have been with vanquis now for 14 months and find that only being offered one increase in that time from £250 upto £1000 quite a let down. Ive not missed any payments and pay around 30x the minimum payment if not more. On the other hand aqua card is alot better, ive been with them the same amount of time and ran my account exactly the same and they have increased every 4 months and started at £250 and im now at £1800, plus aqua also reduce your interest rate every year. I do appreciate… Read Full Review

“CHARGESS CHARGESS AND MORE CHARGESS”

Written on: 17/12/2014 by erhnaks (3 reviews written)

I have been with them over 2 years now and I am a gold customer. I have found that any I pay on paypal they are charging me £3 cash advance. I called them and they said its cash payment so there is a £3 charge. They are cheating as soon as they see paypal logo on payment. Beware and always check your statement to spot extra charges they put on/… Read Full Review

“No increase in limits”

Written on: 13/12/2014 by ConradMueller451 (1 review written)

Hi, been a customer of Vanquis bank since March and haven't seen a limit increase. Account has been paid on time each month by direct debit since opening. My credit file isn't that bad im just not on the electoral role. If your looking for a card that grows with you and provides limit increases maybe this card isn't the best to choose.. I have applied for other credit cards and have been accepted with greater credit limits so this account will be closed down… Read Full Review

Ajones32's Comment

Written on: 22/12/2014

I would agree about the credit limit. Ive had the black diamond visa for 14 months now and only had one increase, from £250 upto £1000. I find aqua really good. Been with them the same amount of time and started at £250 and im now upto £1800, plus aqua reduce your interest rate every year. Luckily now 14 months on im starting to get accepted for main stream credit cards with 24 months interest free

“Vanquis is extremely good but only 3 drawbacks. ”

Written on: 23/11/2014 by WasimAkfam (3 reviews written)

Well everything has drawbacks and nothing can be so perfect. I had this card basically to kick start my wrecked credit file. 12 months prior to having excellent ratings on files. Got £40 cash back at TCB and this card with £500 limit after a phone call at start of application. Had no credit increases in 12 months but in 15th month I had £1k increase to gold service. Always paid back in full via direct debit but with debit card payments made apparently for minimum amounts to avoid… Read Full Review

Wasimakfam's Response to WasimAkfam's Review

Written on: 23/11/2014

Other drawbacks were that it does not have mobile friendly apps and has no call centre service for out of hours emergency contact for security measures.
Website debit card pay has pop up page that my device permanently blocks it so I have used phone calls to pay off balances if required.
EVanquis is a good page saves them postage and paper.

I gave 1 star less because shopping around for car insurance does not come cheap as I had taken cover at multiple insurers to shop around for cheaper ones that meant my savings were on ransom demand and I was out of pocket. That's where Vanquis should have helped but never mind sometimes good family member are literally your only survival hope when it all options are out on strikes.

You people can avoid 0871 number by dailing landline friendly numbers, just google saynoto0870 and search it.

Jitenvaghela's Response to WasimAkfam's Review

Written on: 05/12/2014

Dear All,

Vanquis is ridiculously bad company which making people fool by putting hidden charges in their account. On the top they charge after even closer of your account naming random.

Very poor experience after being with this company for 5+ years and been a regular/genuine customer.

Not advisable at all. You can advice to your enemies ;)

Thanks,

“Very good ”

Written on: 15/11/2014 by cjnettleingham (2 reviews written)

It's a very good credit score build I have had mine for 4 months now always pay on time without any fail of doing so. It would be very nice to have a mobile site or even a mobile app to keep track of your account. Would be nice to get a credit increase hopefully soon! I would recommend this to my friends and family. I am not sure why people moan about the apr but if you pay in full or minimum payment you don't… Read Full Review

“Brilliant card amazing customer service”

Written on: 31/10/2014

Such a helpful card, if used wisely! Couldn't live without it now. Got amazing customer service whilst getting the card and excellent helpful staff at the call centres, thanks guys :)… Read Full Review

“Constant marketing calls”

Written on: 26/09/2014 by Gary1982 (1 review written)

While I am happy with the facility of having the card should I need it, I would not suggest getting a card from these people are they are constantly calling me (sometimes twice daily), asking me to go through security. I refuse to do so as I made clear when I got the card that I didn't want marketing phone calls - a request they appear to have ignored. If you can get one elsewhere, do so - if I didn't need the facility right now, I would terminate the account (and will do as soon as my… Read Full Review

“Great For Re-Building!”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by JalenMorris (1 review written)

As a student I got into a pickle with a student credit card, overdraft, stuff on finance you get the picture... After 3 years of grafting I managed to pay off in full and clear everything that I owe... Now I work full time and have the means to get a house... mortgage? Yeah right! My credit score was PANTS - I applied for a Vanquis card, they started me off on £250, raised me to £500 then to £1000 as I watched my credit score go from very poor to good! I see a lot of complaints about… Read Full Review

Bellabigboobs's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2014

You're screwed for 6yrs anyway. Your credit score means nothing! If you have satisfied defaults there are as bad as unpaid defaults. Living beyond your means and giving advice to others about "don't spend what you don't have" you do make me laugh coming from a person who spend beyond there means..

Terryt1Bbs's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2014

I'd say it's pretty clear from that post that "spending beyond means" is a thing of the past.

If you don't have it, don't spend it... that's all that was said? No need to come back with a thoughtless, negative comment....

Leeleehaha's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2015

They're are right though.... well said bella

“Lies lies lies”

Written on: 16/09/2014 by Raiden412 (1 review written)

Vanquis states it will consider a credit limit increase on your 4th statement and will start to consider you increases every 4mths providing your keep other credit commitments in order and maintain your account effectively = LIES it is now nearly my 5th statement and no limit increase never missed payments make large instalments off my balance etc.... £250 limit is no good to anyone all it is doing is damaging my credit rating due to my limit-balance ratio..... Thanks Vanquis but I will be… Read Full Review

Billyjoesaunders's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2014

It doesn't say in any of there literature you will get a credit limit increase every four month. To be honest I wouldn't give anybody credit if they have screwed up there credit in the passed. Wait another month then if it hasn't been increased close the account. Unless you're so desperate for a vanquis credit card in your wallet/purse