Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Reviews

Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“I went with reviews on here with over 60% recommending...”

Written on: 25/02/2015 by 1887wwfc (1 review written)

I went with reviews on here with over 60% recommending to a friend. Are these all employees or owners of the company? The artex on my bathroom isn't thick and I had got some of it off already with the X-Tex. I am sure that applying this stuff made it worse to get off. After applying I left overnight fully expecting it peel off just like it did in the video. I'm afreaid it just didn't work. Spent about 6 hours trying to get the artex off and acheived patchy removal of an area around 4 foot by 2… Read Full Review

Andrewchivers's Response to 1887wwfc's Review

Written on: 04/03/2015

Really sorry to hear you are not happy with X-Tex and that you think that we waste our time placing reviews on websites to get business. We simply wouldn't be in business if our products weren't effective!

I think you have to look at what you are trying to take off as the problem and not the product trying to remove it (this is always the case sadly). It sounds like the paint you are trying to remove (which is over the top of the artex) could have possible been a vinyl silk (kitchens & bathroom paint) which is particularly difficult to remove as they can turn glory or rubbery when a paint remover is applied (that is the same for all paint removers)

Also the artex could have been a bonded type textured coating which has adhesives in it making it even harder again to remove. Original artex (BPB UK Ltd) will soften very quickly if not covered with emulsion, so once you have got through the paint the artex will come away quickly and this is not the case in your situation.

Not one job is the same and removing anything that has been designed not to be removed is one of the hardest jobs you can undertake in DIY.

You are always going to get poor reviews on even the best products on the market, and ours is one of the best selling and safest products on the market today to remove artex.

Again I am sorry to hear you are not happy, and hope you finally remove the coating.

“Used on 25 year old very thick artex”

Written on: 14/01/2015 by Malikj146 (1 review written)

Having decided to remove all our artex from our hallways I thought I would give X-tex a go. To be perfectly honest I am astonished at the results. If applied in the correct manner (As recommended on tub) and sufficient time left after application the artex comes off a treat. I use both a 4" razor tipped and a double handed 6" razor tipped scraper to do the work and providing you keep the blade at a shallow angle the stuff flies off. Put it this way, I managed to get about 250 ft sq done in… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/01/2015

Hi
So pleased you liked X-Tex and had great results with it. I am assuming that you purchased this product in 2.5 litre containers?

We do actually have it in a 15 litre tub if you need larger quantities in the future. We have a list of stockists on our website that carry the larger tubs.

“It works - Just not very well!!”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by slartibartfast14 (1 review written)

Bought some of this to do a bathroom ceiling. Getting in on was an absolute nightmare with the stuff going every where except on the ceiling (thank god for dust sheets). Finally managed to cover a 1 metre by 2 metre area and left it for and hour and a half to work. Removing it was even worse than putting it on, yes it does remove the artex, but it requires arm muscles like the Hulk and leaves lots of semi liquid spotches all over the floor and I had to scrap the dust sheets as trying to clean… Read Full Review

Andrewchivers's Response to slartibartfast14's Review

Written on: 14/03/2014

Sorry to hear you experienced problems using X-Tex and our product is thick enough that it shouldn't drip and can cling to ceilings.

Leaving for the length of time you mentioned would not have been long enough to penetrate through both the emulsion and artex in one application.

Also we do say on the instructions to cover the area prior to removal. When you are scraping softened artex from a ceiling it is bound to fall to the floor, and is a messy job like all types of removal.

We do recommend using a long handled blade scraper which does make removal easier but if you had applied and covered with plastic film and left overnight it would have softened through the entire substrate and made removal much easier.

“Happy Artex Removal”

Written on: 20/02/2014 by katfra50 (1 review written)

Bought this product after getting a few quotes to skim over the two rooms I have covered in awful artex, and the cost was too expensive. I searched the internet and came across X-Tex on Twitter @homestrip and saw an interesting article on the safest way to remove this lovely stuff!  I did a test area first and covered it with foil and left overnight. I then removed the foil and the surface was soft. I was not convinced until I scraped the surface and it came away quite easily and left what… Read Full Review

“Hopeless”

Written on: 22/10/2013

Persuaded by the video and a series of good reviews I bought this. It is ok to apply but does not work! Left it 2 hours...nothing, overnight...nothing, reapplied another coat....nothing. Have resorted to using a steamer. I feel like I have wasted 25 pounds and made a whole load of mess too. Im half way through and losing the will. Wish I'd just had it skimmed over. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/11/2013

Really sorry to hear you have had problems using X-Tex, but after reading your comments are you really sure it was artex, or of course the coating that was over the top of artex (all artex has been painted over the years usually with emulsion, but the worst one is vinyl silks)

It was not the artex you were having problems with, it would have been the paint. X-Tex will remove the paint but its not designed for this. DID YOU DO A SMALL TEST AREA FIRST! as is stated on the label?

It also states on the label to cover the area with plastic film if leaving overnight as the product can dry out and stop working. You have not mentioned this.

The other important item on our label is our technical helpline telephone number. Did you call?

“It Worked For Us”

Written on: 26/08/2013 by CraigFearn (1 review written)

I used X-tex on my lounge and though messy it worked for me, remember it gets artex off and not paint!! The ceiling was a stipple effect approx 5mm thick with emulsion on so test an area 1st to see what suits. Cover the floor with cloth and tape down plastic covering on top, use a safe platform to give a safe working height. Use a shed paint brush or a paste brush to hold sufficient x-tex and liberally paint the surface area while wearing protective eye wear, be aware if splash / drips on a… Read Full Review

“Waste of money ”

Written on: 20/06/2013

Followed. The manufacturers instructions but just didn't work - no way does it scrape off like the u-tube clip. Just buy a steamer which is a bit messy but does the job instead and you can always use it for paper later! Beware this stuff does take varnish off though and if a drop of it splodges on you doors it takes the paint off them instead. Don'T waste your money… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/07/2013

Really sorry to hear you experienced problems whilst using X-Tex. Our technical helpline number is on the product label and a call to speak with out technical department could have given you the answers you were looking for.

Most artex has been painted over the years, and this requires an overnight application as stated in our You Tube video. Vinyl silks can also be difficult to remove and tips to this can be found.

The problem with using a steamer is that the artex can dry out once it has been removed and if it contains asbestos fibres then you have a health issue

X-Tex keeps the artex wet at all times preventing any dust becoming airborne.

We also advise to cover the surrounding area with dust sheets or newspaper to prevent floors or painted or varnished areas becoming marked. Surely a common sense precaution when doing any kind of DIY.

“Not bad”

Written on: 09/11/2012 by stevewonderwhere (2 reviews written)

Got this today and applied it straight away. After a few hours I attempted to scrap but it took longer than that to sort the artex. After a few more hours I tried and this seemed to work ok. It's a 50/50 whether I'd do it again or get a professional in I guess… Read Full Review

Andrewchivers's Response to stevewonderwhere's Review

Written on: 13/12/2012

Hi Steve
Sorry to hear that X-Tex didn't work as well as you originally thought, but would like to explain that X-Tex is designed to removed artex and textured coatings and of course these coatings have mostly been painted over the years with many coats of emulsion.

This makes the removal time longer and as suggested on our label that this can be done overnight using plastic film to force the product down through the substrate. An overnight process can remove all of the paint and soften the artex in one single application.