Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra Reviews

• Battery Life

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“Nothing is compatable. The best features of the early...”

Written on: 24/04/2008

Nothing is compatable. The best features of the early Nomad Jukebox is ommitted. They just stuck a bigger memory into a Zen made it smaller and charged more money, more money for connector cables, more money for chargers, more money for little bags… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I have had this 1st generation hard drive player for...”

Written on: 20/09/2007 by TheGreatSandaledOne (30 reviews written)

I have had this 1st generation hard drive player for many years and it has been going strong for so long. Times they are a changing. These days 30 gb players are common and the build quality (thanks to the knowledge gained in the previous 4 generations of players) has increased dramatically. Its not pretty and like another review of this product, yeah it ain't pretty but its true it does the job.
I've used this player as a music player and a data storage device and it achieved both tasks… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I liked my Zen Xtra so much that I bought a second one. ”

Written on: 23/05/2007 by Sony Fan (32 reviews written)

I liked my Zen Xtra so much that I bought a second one.

I've been using MP3 format for about 10 years now and I had owned 5 different MP3-playing portable devices before the Zen, but none of them had really proved good enough to become my main source of music. The Zen has changed that for several reasons.

Firstly, it's got huge storage capacity. I have hundreds of CDs and I'm not the type who can put up with music that's been squeezed down to a very low bit rate. Most of what I've ripped… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“Never Update the firmware...Good player if you're on a...”

Written on: 31/12/2006 by ldsmerman2 (1 review written)

Never Update the firmware...Good player if you're on a budget and have about 6,000 songs or more... If you are a Pirate like me this is the one to save money, just never update... I got mine for 90$ new!… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I bought the Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra mp3...”

Written on: 04/03/2006 by alexthejack (1 review written)

I bought the Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra mp3 player about 18 months ago when large capacity mp3 players were few and far between. It seemed like value for money at the time at £230 for a 40 gig player. This is not a bad mp3 player it has reasonable build quality, lots of memory and has worked more than adequately, but that said it is not an outstanding player either. The only two points I can pick it up on would be the headphones which I found to be poor, that's not to say you can't invest… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“Ok so here's how it goes down. Me and my brother both...”

Written on: 04/05/2005 by Drew Kazar (1 review written)

Ok so here's how it goes down. Me and my brother both got one of these for Christmas. As it so happens this was one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten. Until about three months later when it just stopped working. The best part about this story is that my brothers broke the next day. I had about 65% to 70% of the memory full when this happened. I sent it in to Creative to get it fixed and they said they would have to charge me $124 to repair it then I would have to put… Read Full Review

Sony Fan's Response to Drew Kazar's Review

Written on: 23/05/2007

If the Zen Xtra broke down after only 3 months, was it not covered by warranty?

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“The Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra ain't that pretty,...”

Written on: 13/01/2005 by themilkyone (2 reviews written)

The Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra ain't that pretty, but my god it does the job well.

This is my first Hard Drive player, and I did a lot of research before shelling out my hard earned. Thus I do not make any comparison with the technical specs of other players as I've never used one. Some folk out there are anti-iPod. I am not, I just believe this suits my needs better.

OK, let's get the bad out of the way - this is no fashion item. It ain't the prettiest in the world and it could be… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I have been using mp3 players since the original and...”

Written on: 04/12/2004 by md25 (1 review written)

I have been using mp3 players since the original and worst Diamond Rio, and the Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra is the best I've used.

The sound quality is second to none, as its signal to noise ratio is market-leading at around 100dB. This means that it's possible to use high-quality headphones with the Xtra with very little background hiss - although as high quality headphones are almost always high power devices, quality headphones will shorten the battery life. As with every portable… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“After reading numerous other things on the Nomad...”

Written on: 20/09/2002 by SablePhoenix. (1 review written)

After reading numerous other things on the Nomad Jukebox portable MP3 player from Creative, I have to put in my two cents. I have the 6 gig version and I love it!

Excellent sound quality and lightweight all things considered. Someone has said that they are made fragile and I have to say I have dropped mine about 5 times so far, once on concrete and once off my entertainment center and both caused the batteries to come flying out. Still works like a charm over a year later. Makes me wonder what… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I spent a lot of time looking at MP3 players before...”

Written on: 24/04/2002 by Siduhe. (1 review written)

I spent a lot of time looking at MP3 players before deciding on the Creative Jukebox 20GB, and would recommend anyone else who is considering it thinks about what they are looking for?

Are you looking for a sleek and shiny MP3 player to show off to your friends, and to listen to a few tracks on your way to work ? If so, the Creative Jukebox isn't for you.

If, on the other hand, you are looking for the ability to carry your entire CD collection (up to 500 albums, so I'm told) in the palm of… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“Although this Nomad portable MP3 player was the kiddy...”

Written on: 12/04/2002 by Maverick. (1 review written)

Although this Nomad portable MP3 player was the kiddy to begin with, i wouldn`t sugest anyone get one as Creative Jukebox's support was terrible. 2 months old and they wouldn`t replace it, wasn`t jarred or dropped. Software simply crashed and it couldn`t even be reset to defaults… Read Full Review

21887_Jon.'s Response to 18925_Maverick.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2002

I sympathise with you. Didn't you try invoking the manufacturers warranty? Even if it was only a 90 day warranty 2 months is only 60 days!

28634_Mark.'s Response to 18925_Maverick.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2002

Yes, the Creative DAP Jukebox is a very shoddy piece of kit. Mine still works but the build quality is awful. The casing is coming apart and headphone socket loose. I am taking it back to the shop and exchanging for a Minidisc Player.
<br> I really wouldn't advise anyone to buy this. Bad points far outweigh benefits. Do you really need to carry ALL of your music wherever you go? Battery charge is about 4 hours max (two sets are included). ALSO, if you drop it once- thats it. Smash! Portable hard discs are obviously very, very fragile.

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“I don't agree that the Creative Jukebox/nomad player...”

Written on: 06/01/2002 by simes. (1 review written)

I don't agree that the Creative Jukebox/nomad player is too bulky, it's about the same size as many other CD players but with much more to boot.
The batteries do last well if you use the high powered ones and keep them in good condition. I mostly use mine in an externally powered situation such as in the car or at home anyway so it's not so much an issue for me, it comes with charger/adapters for both mains and the car. I have a 6 gig version but I think the hard disk size is now about 20 Gigs… Read Full Review

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

“Well-known computer peripheral manufacturer CREATIVE...”

Written on: 03/12/2001 by Mueed. (1 review written)

Well-known computer peripheral manufacturer CREATIVE LABS have produced the PC's equivalent of a music player. The player sounds like a very quiet laptop as its hard drive purrs away. Sound is very good, as you'd expect from the company who invented the Soundblaster range of PC audio cards. After sales support is on par with the rest of their product range, and is very good… Read Full Review