Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Lloyd.'s review of Webley Patriot

“I read the other reviews and laughed. Has anyone who...”

Written on: 21/05/2002 by Lloyd. (1 review written)

Its cheap

Everything else.

General Comments
I read the other reviews and laughed. Has anyone who owns a Patriot ever shot anything else? In all my time of shooting I have never shot a worse high powered rifle. Accuracy is a joke, never produces what webley claimed ( 30ft/lbs) most produce 20-22 . Try a Air arms pro-elite at 22ft/lb , it will blow a patriot into the dust. Maybe thats why Patriots have been selling in the UK for less than £100 secondhand ?

• Accuracy

• Handling

35532_Roland.'s Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2002

The first time I shot the webley patriot i was surprised that i could not hit the broad side of a barn ten yards away. It took me some time to understand my follow trough was not addecuate for the high powered spring. Now, one year later I shoot 1" groups at 45 yards, often less with kodiaks/barracudas. The spring does deteriorate after a while, after one year it shot 22 ft/lb. Just installed a theoben gasram, now it shoots a nice 28 ft/lb an 'locktime' is considerably reduced making my follow trough addecuate to accomplish even smaller groups. Musts for Patriot/Kodiak are: HEAVY pellets, good shooter, possibly theoben gasram for better consistency.

Trade's Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 10/06/2004

Lloyd doesnt own a Patriot, but he owns a gunshop. Why do you think Patriots have been discontinued? Why do you think Webley have actually admitted there is a power and accuracy issue? Patriots are and always were one of the worst FAC power guns made. Accuracy was worse than a 12ft/lb basic webley springer, Webley always had problems with the power. Gas ram conversions do make a big difference but to say a standard Patriot is good really is taking the biscuit

57263_Hallguns.'s Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 11/12/2002

Frood,
I could not agree with you more.
Any export patriot only getting 20 ft lbs should
be looked at by an airgun pro. Something wrong???

57034_Frood.'s Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 10/12/2002

I would have to say that there's something wrong with Lloyds aim or something wrong with Lloyds Patriot. I've owned about a dozen air guns and yes, I've used and owned more accurate guns but not many and none of them could match the combination of power and accuracy of the Patriot.
I will repeat what I stated in my own review:
If you want a lightweight gun with low recoil, you shouldn't be considering the Patriot/Kodiak. However, if you want a dead on accurate gun with exceptional knockdown power, learn to shoot the Patriot/Kodiak properly. You will not be disappointed.

44225_Ali.'s Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 16/10/2002

I am afraid i disagree with your review, immensely. All my life i have been shooting air guns for a sport and won many a competion. Currently i own 5 different guns including the gamo hunter 440 which really is no comparison to the webley. I have to say i firmly disagree with your review on the webley patriot. The patriot's accuracy is like no other and its power is unmatched. Its versatility is limited only by its weight which is necessary to control the recoil given off by a gun powerful enough to require a shooters permit in the UK.

Hallguns.'s Response to 24160_Lloyd.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2002

I have been hunting with a patriot for three years now, and I could not be happier with it.
<br>As far as energy goes I get about 27lbs with my theoben conversion. My groups are around .5" at 30 yards. You are complaining about low energy, but I believe the UK has a law limiting energy does it not?