Brewers Fayre Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Brewers Fayre

“In the past Brewers fayre was a great place to have...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

In the past Brewers fayre was a great place to have dinner and the kids enjoyed the play area and the staff very friendly but on the three occasions we have been this year it was just plain terrible.

First of all old staff have been replaced with the laziest we had to wait an hour and ten minutes for our starter, when it arrived it didnt have a knifes and falks we asked the waiter for them and he wen t over and served another couple first before getting them so i had to get up and walk to the bar to ask a 2nd time.

Halfway through my starter a couple sitting behind decided to put their childs potty on the floor so their little boy could take a dump and it wasnt long before the smell put me off the rest, after the starter we were waiting more than an hour so my wife complained to the waitress so she went into the kitchen where she was told to F OFF by the chefs so if any of you at brewers are reading this then sack the whole kitchen crew because the waitress could hardly keep her tears in.

While we were waiting for our main course we decided to take the children in the play area, the play area is clearly unsupervised and although its meant to be for toddlers use their were ten year old climbing up the slide and jumping off the side of it without looking, one of them just missed landing on my 3yr old son who was playing with the balls underneath.

After an hour and a half of waiting we were just about to cancel our order when our main course turned up again with out a knife and falk after eating our main course we decided to leave and skip the desert as it would have taken another hour.

In the past we used to enjoy coming here but it has gone down hill, its not even clean there, when they show you to a table you have to ask them to wipe it over first.

We wernt the only one complaining everyone seemed to have a problem, in the past i would have given Brewer Fayre in hayle 4 stars but its so bad that they dont even deserve one.

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

• brewers fayre, hayle, cornwall

Restaurant name & location

Guest456's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2011

I went to brewers fayre in Fort William 2 June 2011.

It was awful!!! Place was dirty, I got chewing gum on my trousers, which when I got home tried to get out but they are completely ruined.
Food took 2.5 hours to come and when it arrived, curries were cold and tasted like stew, mixed grill - the steak was tough and un-edible and the roast chicken dinner was burnt and cold - i mean how do you manage that! burnt and cold!!! Manager was lazy, unhelpful and clearly didnt care he had spoilt a birthday dinner. Do as I am going to do and avoid the place like the plague!!! I agree completely brewers fayre used to be good but have gone completely down hill now.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2011

After visiting Hayle with our complimentry voucher,I was happy to see the service has improved alot since the last visit!! The female assistant manager was observant with the staff and customers waiting time!! Well Done.