Slimming World Review

Linda Larholt's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“Hi, I joined Slimming World back in January, having...”

Written on: 23/05/2011 by Linda Larholt (1 review written)

Hi, I joined Slimming World back in January, having been sponsored by my GP,I was very sceptical at first, but 14weeks on I have lost an amazing 2stone, the diet, Extra Easy,is so easy to follow & I'm never hungry, I love the fact that I do not have to measure anything, nothing is forbidden because you have your syns to use. The weekly meetings are a pleasure to attend as everybody supports one another.

Guest's Response to Linda Larholt's Review

Written on: 24/07/2011

I had heard great things about SW from family and friends at home in Ireland - I am in USA. So I joined the SW online (USA) and was disappointed to find it not great for me. The list of syns is not comprehensive enough for the US as it is mainly a UK based program. It is great that potatoes, rice, pasta, fruit and veg are free and I find that wonderful, however, by the time I add a spot of non dairy creamer to coffe (about 3 cups per day) that I have racked up about 5 - 6 sins. I have figured out that 1 syns is approx 20 calories - so if you want to factor in your daily requirements of calcium (on more fat free skimmed milk even - in addition to healthy extra) that I have exhausted my syns. Then I know that I can't have a treat and then I CRAVE something sweet that I cannot have! Then I tend to fall off the wagon.

I would really like to stick with the plan as I found that WW with only 29 points per day was not enough food for the day - I liked to keep my extra points for weekends.

On that note of saving points, has anyone saved up all/most of their syns and use them for the weekend and had success?

I am definitely having trouble with making snacks work for me - can anyone give any pointers as I have started out again on trying SW this week.

Guest's Response to Linda Larholt's Review

Written on: 11/11/2011

Everything's a pleasure when it's free.. I can't believe the NHS money is going over this..