Stagg Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Stagg

Stagg

Stagg Electric Violin purchased from Zzounds in May 2011 ”

Written on: 23/05/2011

Stagg Electric Violin purchased from Zzounds in May 2011

I don't know if they've changed what they're doing or what, but I can't complain at all. Now, I've heard of a lot of people getting this violin for half what I paid in the past - I paid over $260 U.S., but it was totally worth it. Totally acceptable bow for included budget kit, strings not nearly bad as I'd heard (will keep them on a while, like many strings they need to be broken in but after that the violin stays in tune). Tailpiece made me look twice it was so lightweight/synthetic but it works perfectly, and a lot of "genuine Wittners" are probably no better, in fact I had one on an Eastman 80 that was *not as good* as this tailpiece. Pegs a little slippy at first but that stopped on day 2 of wiggling. Best of all great electronics. Amazing sensitivity (can sound like rock guitar) without undue feedback at all, and pass filters obviously working as a friend described. Anything you grow out of about this violin can be upgraded easily, later!

Very happy. Could not afford an NS, Yamaha, Zeta, etc. Can't see myself selling it even if I get a better one one day because I wouldn't want to take like only $200 for such a versatile playable piece of equipment. From old descriptions, I think they've improved it, after all, the price went up, and I'm just not seeing the same flaws I heard about in old reviews. All 3 jacks work fine (even find myself using the 3.5mm input to play-along). The volume, low, and high are better quality variometers/sliders than I expected and work 100% & feel decent not cheesey like some. A++ for the $

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard