Apple iPhone 4 Review

• Reception

• Style

martinrobinson's review of Apple iPhone 4

Apple iPhone 4

“I have had my Iphone 4 for a half a year now and I...”

Written on: 17/05/2011 by martinrobinson (3 reviews written)

I have had my Iphone 4 for a half a year now and I have to say I am still very impressed with its variety of features and quality, The Iphone 4 is very easy to use and the touch screen is very accurate.

Eye Candy?

Lets start with the handsets aesthetics. If you ask me this little device is quite pleasing to the eye. I think the colour they refer to is "piano black" and when new it looks so smooth, shiny and has that "good quality look" about it. I have kept mine in a case the entire time I have owned it and I have managed to keep the back of the handset scratch free. As for the front of the phone, which is mostly screen, the handset is just as pretty. I guess you could describe the appearance of this phone as a mini tablet? Just look at the pictures at the top of the review, I haven't added any of my own photos as there are already so many on here. When the handset is switched on and the screen is in use it is very vibrant, clear and bright. The brightness can be adjusted of coarse in the settings so that you can still see the screen easily on a sunny day.

Signal

I have heard reports that there is a problem getting a signal with the iphone 4 but to date I have had no problems with mine. This problem generated a lot of publicity for the iphone 4 and was apparently sorted out shortly before I ordered mine. From what I understand the problem was that the phones aerial was positioned at the bottom left of the inside of the phone and when covered with the hand caused signal loss. This would be particularly annoying for left handed people who would have covered the aerial every time they held the phone to their ear! If there was a real problem I'm guessing that it was in fact rectified because I have had no such problems.

Don't forget it is a phone aswell!

With so many features on modern phones it is easy to forget that the primary function for a mobile phone is for making phone calls!

Making calls on the iphone 4 can be done using the address book, touch screen keypad or voice activated feature.

Like all phones the iphone 4 has the capacity to store contacts in an address book and friends etc can be added to this list. The iphone 4 will give you an extra option of calling by "facetime" to those contacts who also have an iphone 4. Facetime is basically video calling between two iphones.

The touch screen keypad is fairly easy to use too. If im honest with you I have what my girlfriend describes as "sausage fingers" and I am led to believe this is because they are wide? Anyways, despite this condition I am still able to press the button I want first time when dialling.

The voice activated calling is great, there is no need to record voice tags for this feature, you just hold the iphone button and say a contacts name. The phone will automatically call the contact after telling you which contact it heard you say. This is very useful when driving especially when used in conjunction with a "PARROT" hands free device.

Apps

There are thousands of applications available to download from the "app store" and a lot of these are free. The app store is on the iphone itself so there is no need to plug the phone into your computer every time you want to download one. there is an app available for almost everything you do. For example I cycle to work every day and there is an app which will tell me how many miles I have cycled, how long it took me, my average speed and even the elevation of my route. It will even plot the route onto a map as I cycle along for me to record and look back on and this was one of the free apps! (imapmyride if your interested).

Lots of these good apps are free and I would say that the majority of the non free ones are 59 pence. There are some more expensive ones such as my "beat buddy" which cost me around £4.00.

Text Messaging

The Iphones text messaging is displayed as speech bubbles between you and the whoever you are texting. This allows you to view the messaging as a chat setup so you don't have to check a separate "sent box" to see what you sent them in the first place. The screen is clear and easy to read. Your sent messages are displayed as green speech bubbles and your received messages show up as grey speech bubbles. The keypad is on the touch screen and the buttons are small. Sometimes I press the wrong button by mistake but I do have sausage fingers remember!

What else can it do?

The iphone 4 comes with a few extras such as a free map/gps application. It also has things such as a compass, calendar and 5mp camera. There is also a second camera on the front of the phone for video calling. The contacts, weather, stocks, youtube and settings are automatically installed on the Iphones main menu.

Please do not forget that this is also an ipod for all you music lovers and of course the iphone comes with headphones. The sound quality is great.

In my opinion the Iphone 4 is at the forefront of its game and is still far superior to its rivals. I would recommend this product to almost everyone renewing a contract as there is a use in it for all of us.

If I had to choose a disadvantage of this product I would tell you that the battery time could be improved and that the phone needs a feature which allows the user to disable the screen tilting for when you're lying in bed.

All in all apple seem to have made an excellent product which makes life easier and more entertaining.

• Battery Life

• Orange

Network

Abigailabbi's Response to martinrobinson's Review

Written on: 08/06/2011

I am using iPhone3 it is awesome mobile. I love my iphone 3 handset. It is easy to operate, nice games. now I am planning to buy iPhone 4. I hope it will be as good as iPhone 3 or will be better.

Brttyking's Response to martinrobinson's Review

Written on: 07/09/2011

Hi, you have create good post.Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a leisure account it.Even though the globe waits to locate out what the fifth-generation iPhone looks like, TechCrunch reports an anonymous app developer has pulled data from their registration logs confirming the existence of a brand new device that’s rocking each CDMA and GSM radios.

Guest's Response to martinrobinson's Review

Written on: 07/09/2011

Hi, you have create great post.Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a leisure account it.

Timmy-Young's Response to martinrobinson's Review

Written on: 12/07/2011

The best telephone in the market!!!

Guest's Response to martinrobinson's Review

Written on: 26/06/2011

Wow what a great review. Lots of good info, covered everything. Thanks! Trying to decide I phone 4 or Droid Incredible 2.