Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net Review

hayabslee's review of Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net

Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net

“Was initially recommended by family member...now wish...”

Written on: 16/05/2011 by hayabslee (4 reviews written)

Was initially recommended by family member...now wish I wasn't.

The 3 best words to sum up this company, are: overpriced, over-rated and pretentious!

We visited their store in Billericay. Straight away, we were approached by a member of staff trying to get us to try their 'hot taster' and said did we know what the shop did...yes, frozen meals - maybe we looked stupid! They eventually left us alone.

We did go into this shop with high hopes following previous rave reviews, however, we wish we didn't bother. We purchased an Indian meal for 2, and a macaroni and cheese. These 2 meals cost us £23! However, we imagined, for that price, the food must be amazing...how wrong were we!

The Indian meal was worse than what we usually buy from ASDA / tesco - horrible chicken and a very sickly sauce that was a struggle to eat. In addition, the rice portions were tiny!

The next day, we tried the Macaroni and Cheese. This alone cost £10 (supposed to feed a family of 4). The portion size was big, however, the meal was horrible! Both me and my wife were left feeling rough for the rest of the afternoon. The pasta was horrible, the sauce was LUMPY and tasted horrible!

Had we purchased these from a 'bog-standard' supermarket, it wouldn't be so bad, however, this company present themselves as something 'special'. And for the prices they charge, we also expected this.

In addition, their idea that frozen meals is 'unique' is a joke!

Unless you've got a lot of money to thrown away, do yourself a favour and stick with your usual supermarket!

Themrsh's Response to hayabslee's Review

Written on: 04/06/2011

I am amazed by your review, and I think you have a big chip on your shoulder!
If you prefer an Asda curry then you don't know good fresh food when you taste it.

Gillianc's Response to hayabslee's Review

Written on: 15/05/2013

Actually, I have to agree, I have had many meals from this shop to try and see if they are really worth the money, its very hit and miss with the quality, and the pushy sales assistants are unbelievable, I know someone who works in one of the branches and says how they have to push, push push sales through, they say that they go on their marketing of being just like you would make at home - well, I'm not one to boast and I'm no Masterchef but if I served up some of these meals I would be ashamed. I'll stick to my own cooking, no wonder the two men who thought this shop up are very rich, to me they are just twosales men who have hurt certain people that this is gourmet cooking - believe me it isn't!!!!! I did notice that many people in the shop where I went are elderly - there are some very well heeled pensioners out there!

Guest's Response to hayabslee's Review

Written on: 16/07/2011

TheMrsH has commented on my own review (thankyou!) However I have looked into TheMrsH's comments and yep you've guessed it, he/she has made negative comments on all the reviews he/she has read. Even the positive reviews??? Well I suppose that just goes to show that TheMrsH's comments carry no weight whatsoever.