Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Review

Guest's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“DO NOT USE FASTHOSTS - they do not send reminders of...”

Written on: 13/05/2011

DO NOT USE FASTHOSTS - they do not send reminders of upcoming renewals, invoice is sent at the same time that they debit your card, chance of a refund is a flat-out NO. This was their email to me, note i was charged 30 DAYS prior to expiration, so even if I knew it was coming up for renewal I have to act over a month prior to my services even expiring, not many people are that well organised!

email:

"The automated renewal of domain names takes place 30 days prior to the eventual expiry date of that name. To ensure continuous service this renewal is processed automatically and charged to the primary payment method held on the account. Customers can view and alter the renewal settings on all of their domain names at any time via the Fasthosts control panel. To prevent unwanted renewals we must receive notice of your intent not to renew this domain prior to the date of renewal.

Domain renewals are processed in real time and are not reversible. Once this renewal has processed we cannot offer a refund on these fees unless the billing is a result of a system error or the failure to notify us is due to circumstances beyond your control."

Fhinternet's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2011

Hello,
<br/>
<br/>My name is James and I work at Fasthosts. We understand that in the past our renewal policy was not good for our customers and so we have spent time revising this and we now send reminders on all annual charges, including domains names.
<br/>
<br/>Please see the link below on the changes we've made:
<br/>http://blogs.fasthosts.co.uk/2011/04/customer-service-improvements/