Lastminute www.lastminute.com Review

Guest's review of Lastminute www.lastminute.com

“I will never use lastminute.com ever again. I booked...”

Written on: 11/05/2011

I will never use lastminute.com ever again. I booked a hotel room in Auckland 8 months in advance. The following day after booking I realised that I'd made a mistake and booked the room a day early. I contacted the hotel directly who said that they could rebook the room, but that as full payment had already been taken by lastminute I had to amend the actual booking with them. I emailed lastminute who emailed back telling me that the booking was non-refundable and they couldn't change it 'because of the hotel's terms and conditions' - despite the hotel themselves telling me different. They did not contact the hotel directly to find out.

Really disappointed and upset, normally hotel bookings do not incur the full cost of the stay and by paying upfront I felt that we were already going over and above the normal hotel booking procedure. And refusing to rebook a hotel room a day after it was made, when the booking was so far in advance (giving the hotel many months' opportunity to fill the room on the date we'd incorrectly booked) in unacceptable in my opinion.

I'll never use the site again, and will recommend to everyone I know to do the same. Total lack of customer service and a complete rip-off.

Have you booked through this tour operator before?

Visit lastminute.com