Minolta X-700 Review

• Photograph Quality

Guest's review of Minolta X-700

“I recently bought the (x-700) from a yard sale with...”

Written on: 11/05/2011

I recently bought the (x-700) from a yard sale with the zoom lense and the flash for $10.00. Have not tried it out yet....BUT when I look through the view finder I cant see anything (and yes the lense cap was off...lol). So I took the lense off to find the MIRROR inside is in the UP position. What I want to know is IS that normal?? or did I buy a nice broken camera??

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks

Time Camera Owned

• Photograph Quality

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2011

As far as I know, the mirror locks-up when the batteries go out, so try a new battery (or new set of batteries, not sure)
I don't know much about this Minolta, but I had the same issue on a Canon ae-1 program about a couple of years ago, the new battery did fix the problem; and no, that ain't normal, the mirror should be always down, I hope this helps a little bit, just my two cents.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2011

maybe there's no battery and the mirror is in the middle of it's cycle. the model (I own one) DOEs have an instant return mirror and should go dowm after exposure.