Co-Op Car Insurance Review

Belle16's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“I truly cannot believe how awful Co Operative car...

Written on: 10/05/2011 by Belle16 (99 reviews written)

I truly cannot believe how awful Co Operative car insurance are as a company. Having seen their adverts and promise of great customer service, I really thought they'd be a great company to insure with. Completely wrong!

I have never, ever had such hassle and stress with an insurance company before. The customer service of their staff is terrible and I have had numerous heated telephone calls with staff who refuse to listen and just talk over you.

Staff also give conflicting information and this has caused real problems for us in regards to monthly direct debit payments, resulting in us being in arrears through no fault on our own.

Their staff are rude, unapologetic and do not seem willing to listen. On several occasions I have had to literally shout down to the phone to get them to listen to what I am saying, as what they say will differ from staff member to staff member, which is really unhelpful.

I will be leaving the Co Op as soon as I can find another cheap car insurance company. It is really not worth the stress and hassle to continue being with them. Please go elsewhere!!

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Young Driver

Driver Type

• N/A

Previous Insurance Company

Belle16's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 10/05/2011

Also forgot to add that we were told we could change the direct debit date for the policy but to do so would incur an extra charge due to the crossover of dates and outstanding amount, so the policy went up. We were then told a few weeks later that actually we could not change the DD date afterall, but they have still charged us extra for doing so, and the higher policy rate remains out monthly direct debit amount! Complete con artists!!