MCE Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com Review

• Customer service

Guest's review of MCE Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com

“I just signed up on the forum cause felt compelled to...”

Written on: 09/05/2011

I just signed up on the forum cause felt compelled to share my story. I'm with MCE (second bike now) and this time i decided to pay by DD. After the 1st month, I noticed that my premiums were going up (by 10 pounds a month or so) and naturally gave them a call. The waiting time is crazy long (20 min in late afternoon, about 5 min early morning) but I spoke to a nice person who looked at my problem, told me I had a chat with someone from MCE and decided to upgrade my policy, which i didn't remember doing. The person said they had to listen to the tapes and it would take 48 hrs. I called 5 days later, they said it's on their to do list for today and they would call me back. 3 hours later, they called back, admitted that it was their mistake and will refund me the money and correct the premiums.

2 learning points:

1- feels good to win against "the man"

2- look, you can't expect to get cheap insurance AND brilliant customer care relations. They are under staffed, they will make mistakes and they will take time to correct them. But they are willing to admit when they made a mistake and any mistakes is because of clerical errors, not because it's an evil insurance. I'll stick with them...

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Stanvtx's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because... it seems like a good honest review,.. not like a rant from some highly strung race boy. We need level headed reviews like this warts and all. Cheers, Stan