Numatic Henry Review

• Style

• Service & Support

judylugg's review of Numatic Henry

Numatic Henry

“Numatic HVR200A HENRY A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum...

Written on: 08/05/2011 by judylugg (45 reviews written)

Numatic HVR200A HENRY A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black

Cost £95 plus P&P

This cleaner was bought by my daughter with whom I live as our old cleaner (a very good one, actually, had come to the end of its useful time). She had been told how powerful HENRY HOOVERS ARE! Yes, they are and that is all that is good about it.

I hate it, it is far, far TOO HEAVY, CUMBERSOME AND DIFFICULT TO PULL AROUND. The flexible pipe is very much too long as well, getting in the way, particularly on stairs and tends to flick back on itself, making the cleaner even more difficult to pull around.

The pipes, are flimsy, both the metal and plastic ones and are of quite a small diameter) and only fit together when really forced (there are no instructions covering the fitting together either) making them VERY difficult to pull apart when necessary! There is a peculiar fitting on the end of the flexible pipe which will only take the metal pipes, where, ideally the pointed plastic piece would be much better utilized.

Using it on the stairs is extremely difficult because of its weight and, in fact, carrying it anywhere is a real pain because of the weight and shape of it, with the wheels sticking out at each corner of the base and, although it has this base, it is not at all stable.

In my opinion there are far better designed cleaners about and this was most definitely NOT my choice, as, if I had seen it before it was purchased it would certainly not have been bought.

The only good thing I can say is that the suction is excellent and that is about all that IS any good about it in my opinion.

I certainly do NOT recommend it.

• 1 - 6 months

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Response to judylugg's Review

Written on: 05/06/2011

Worst review I have ever read. The best Hoover money can buy. Do you work for Dyson? Talking of which I did some removal work and dropped one accidently from about a foot off the floor and it broke. I could have thrown a Henry from outside the truck. Simple and brilliant.

Birdsong's Response to judylugg's Review

Written on: 29/01/2013

It is confusing how so many people interchange the word "vacuum" for the word "hoover". Hoover is actually a brand name like Kleenex but the problem comes when a particular brand becomes a household name. We tend to apply the brand name to anything and everything like it. Not good.

But with regards to the Henry, I've had mine for nearly three years and I hated it when I got it and I hate it even more now. The connecting pipes and attachments do not fit with any type of proper fitting and they are forever falling apart whilst I vacuum. I can't pull the floor attachment over a flat mat without it falling off. Within seconds I have the connecting pieces falling all over me and onto the floor. This is more than annoying and we do twist them on as tightly as they will go but they still manage to fall apart! The suction is not nearly as good as my Miele and when I drag the Henry, it always seems to find a way to tip over so I have to walk up to it, bend down and put it right.

I have had other canister vacuums before and have never had as much frustration as I've had with the Henry... poor design. I hate it.

Kizzie's Response to judylugg's Review

Written on: 04/02/2012

I dont get it, the Henry is one of the lightest easiest vacuum cleaners to use ever made.

Heavy? Cumbersome? Difficult to pull?

You must be a very (Forgive me) weak person :/

Also in fairness to the other comment , you did call your Henry a hoover and not a vacuum cleaner.

Judylugg's Response to judylugg's Review

Written on: 08/10/2011

In reply to the guest's response - the cleaner is NOT a HOOVER, it is a HENRY and I do NOT work for Dyson! As for wishing to throw it around, that actually has occured to me but not to see if it is durable! All views are SUBJECTIVE are they not?