WhipCar - www.whipcar.com Review

Ezyd's review of WhipCar - www.whipcar.com

“WHIPCAR - DAMAGE CAR + BAD SERVICE = OUT OF POCKET. I...”

Written on: 04/05/2011 by Ezyd (1 review written)

WHIPCAR - DAMAGE CAR + BAD SERVICE = OUT OF POCKET.
I believe I am Honest and fair man. I work hard to earn the things I have. I changed job recently and as a result I got a luxury company car as part of the package. so my recently bought beloved BMW saloon was left at home only coming out rarely on the odd Sundays whilst still paying a insurance premium. I came upon Whipcar purely by chance, and just like you are now, thought this is amazing, that such service are available. I thought I could make use of my spare Car and boost my income in these economically difficult times by having my car work also.
Being a caution person by nature I was highly sceptical and I was reading up everything thing and googling review by previous customer but I didn't see any! Which was weird, I read up on them in a few reporters article and it seems that they were fairly new. So I thought why not, lets give it a try. I signed up my car, gave my details, uploaded picture of the BMW everything done in a matter of minutes. Majority of the cars on there was your average Peugeot, Vauxhall, Ford ect
Within a couple of hours of being on the website I had a booking request for my car 2 days for £130. I thought Wohhh, happy days. Sure enough I followed the process, did everything I was meant to, had the car valet the night before the driver was meant to collect. The car was shinning! Driver came to collect in the morning I checked his id as per process I walked him around the car and confirmed the car was flawless. Showed him the press start ignition, sat nav ect. All was well.
The car returned after the agreed hire period straight away walking to collect the car I spotted damages. I confronted the driver about it and he pretended not to have noticed anything! As if he was blind. He had the cheek to say that it was there when he took the car! Anyways thinking that insurance is covered I called Whipcar straight away! From
then on the nightmare started.
Getting hold of someone at Whipcar is impossible! They have an agent call centre company that answer phone calls on their behalf, So basically they take your details and email it to someone in Whipcar that is suppose to call you back! That call never comes! Numerous call attempt later you get a email from someone Called **** ( No Last name, tittle or details).
To summarise below -
They sided with the Driver.

They suspend your account without notice or explanation if you dare make to claim whist still allowing the driver to carry on booking other vehicle.
They are unavailable and highly secretive. They use no fullnames, no title, no contact details except that of their call centre.
They are late in paying you money owed. ( I had to chase 6 times before finally being paid.)
After weeks of unsuccessful telephone attempt, emails & messages!
I decided to write to their Director( Via recorded delivery) to this day I have never receive a reply from them.

I tried Whipcar and got burned. A Very good business model but incompetent staff and bad customer services makes it a nightmare experience.
My personal advice, if you have a decent car STAY CLEAR!

Scoochydoo's Response to Ezyd's Review

Written on: 15/02/2012

wow.. and as a consumer, they charge way too much .. any regular car hire company is better value

Dumbodanny's Response to Ezyd's Review