Ecopower Heating Economiser Electric Radiators Review

• Style

• Service & Support

reviewerofstuff's review of Ecopower Heating Economiser Electric Radiators

Ecopower Heating Economiser Electric Radiators

“I bought a set of 5 Economiser Radiators with 3...”

Written on: 04/05/2011 by reviewerofstuff (4 reviews written)

I bought a set of 5 Economiser Radiators with 3 control units from Ecopower Heating for an apartment that I rent out. Having lived there myself and also having had complaints about the old heaters from previous tenants, I spent just over £1800 on the new Economiser Radiator system which came with wireless controllers that are also room thermostats. The electricity bill for this period is £130 less than last year and my tenant is happy. The property is warmer than ever and is costing less to remain so.

The good bits: The design is good because they look like normal radiators rather than electric heaters. The fitting was pretty straight forward. The warmth that they produce is much better than I expected. The controllers give lots of options for timing etc. The power useage is quite a bit less than the old heaters. They have a 25 year warranty. The service and support has been good - and no premium rate numbers. Why can't other support lines be free?!

The bad bits: They were expensive - hopefully they will pay for themselves though as I now have happy tenants. They are quite heavy. Took two of us to lift them onto the brackets. The controllers were a bit confusing to set up but once set, you can leave them.

Overall I'd absolutely recommend them if you don't have a gas supply.

• 6 - 12 months