Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner Review

Guest's review of Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner

“I bought a Bissell 1698K power wash and have come to...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I bought a Bissell 1698K power wash and have come to realise that I should have just chucked my money down the nearest drain. It is the most useless waste of space ever! It managed to work twice and then started with one problem after another. I have just forked out again for two new belts and two new red plastic retainers (as the originals snapped during use). The Bissell spares company charged me £10.40 for two postage sized pieces of plastic and £4 postage and packing. Total rip off. However, I persevered and replaced all the 'faulty' parts as recommended. It still would not work and now will only fire water out of the spray tool. After managing to do around 1m sq of my carpet the machine overheated and stank the house out with the smell of burning plastic. It now resides in the garage with the rest of the junk waiting to go to the dumpit site. Don't buy one - don't waste your money! I have to give the machine a star rating - pity there is no option for ZERO!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2011

Same problem. Used mine once, worked fine, second time of usage, the smart mix tanks fails to pump out any shampoo. I've taken it apart and cleaned all the pipes within the unit and still no joy. Think I'll have to dig out my old vax.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2011

yes its true heap of rubbish i cannot get my machine to release the solution onto the carpet its truly a heap of junk 140 pounds wasted for 2 washes disgusting ripp off