Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Review

tim8's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“The VPS hosting that I had with Fasthosts was set to...”

Written on: 03/05/2011 by tim8 (1 review written)

The VPS hosting that I had with Fasthosts was set to 'AutoRenewal' by default.

I no longer needed this hosting and at the renewal date, £420 was charged to my credit card for a further 12 months of hosting.

I immediately contacted Fasthosts to cancel my account but since I hadn't given the requisite 7 days notice, they refused to offer me any refund on the additional months that had been charged.

After reading some of the comments here, I was highly dubious as to whether or not a refund would be forthcoming. I asked for my case to be escalated and the subsequent response that I received from the manager Emma Butterworth was exemplary. I was eventually given a full refund.

In the event of any account problems, I would highly recommend engaging with the Fasthosts customer service. The service that you get really isn't as bad as some of the comments make out and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Despite the slight hiccup at the end of the contract, the overall experience for me has been positive and the support that I received on setting up the server at the beginning was very good. I would consider using Fasthosts again for future web hosting projects.

Fhinternet's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 04/05/2011

Hi Tim,
<br/>
<br/>Thanks for your positive comments. I will pass them onto Emma.
<br/>Kind regards,
<br/>James
<br/>Customer Support
<br/>Fasthosts Ltd.

Guest's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 15/06/2011

This review looks like a fake one.
I am sorry but my experience of customer service is reflective of the other *500* plus reviews giving them one star.

Who is right and who is wrong? I think the answer is bloody obvious.

Guest's Response to tim8's Review

Written on: 26/05/2011

if Fasthosts are reading these reviews then why do they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.