Written on: 03/05/2011 by JJIVES73 (1 review written)
The Last time I visited Twycross Zoo was back in 2004, After our visit yesterday I think I can honestly say I don't mind leaving it another 8 years before I go again.
(1) I found the Zoo to be very dirty, I didn't see and designated Smoking areas for smokers and as a result the grassed areas where covered in Fag butts, not ideal for picnicking DISGUSTING!!.
(2) There didn't seem to be enough hand washing facilities dotted about, I know there where toilets in areas but in 2 that we visited there was no soap, and even no loo roll, the toilet floor was a disgrace in 1 cubical, we passed the same loo on our way out and went in to use the facility only to find it in the same state.
(3) The whole pathway around the Zoo was covered in cheep dusty gravel, it was a really windy day yesterday, and as a result we were covered in dirt by the time we left because of the dust storm, my daughters trousers are ruined, wheelchair users seem to really struggle to get round because the Gravel paths were so difficult to push a wheelchair on.
(4) I think there should be more signage giving detailed information about ALL animals, not just a few, i.e. Food, habitat,, Behaviour age likely to live to in both the wild and captivity Breeding ect, the poor lack of information made the experience uninteresting as I wasn't able to answer the questions being asked by the little ones who where with us.
(5) At the monkey enclosure my daughter and her cousins watch the impressive Vocal display given to us by the Gibbons, only to be completely spoilt by my daughter cutting her arm on the gagged wire from the fence that has clearly be Neglected, there was no-one around to ask for help so we patched her up and Stopped the bleeding.
(6) At this point id had enough, we were all covered in Dust, my daughter was covered in dust and blood on her trousers, we arrived at 10:30am and left at 2:30pm. We travelled from Horncastle in Lincolnshire and I feel it was a waist of time, it cost £39 for my Husband Myself and Daughter to get in.
I really could go on and on but I think you get the picture, I WON'T BE RUSHING BACK.
As rated by real users
"Beast" Read More
"Relaxing and Enjoyable" Read More
"Fantastic day out!" Read More
"Somewhat lacking....." Read More
"Diabolical dozy staff ruined m..." Read More