Shure SE425 Review

• Sound Quality

• Comfort Level

Dexter Rice's review of Shure SE425

Shure SE425

“I have been using the Shure SE 425 earphones everyday...”

Written on: 28/04/2011 by Dexter Rice (3 reviews written)

I have been using the Shure SE 425 earphones everyday at work and in public transport for a couple of weeks now, so I thought I'd write a short review. At first I was disappointed by the sound and could hardly hear the bass. It does take a while to understand how to use the full potential of this device. First thing, it is quite a contortionist exercise to put the earphones on. Secondly, finding the right cushion/ear plug is crucial. After a few tries, the best fit for me is the original one. The plastic ones being to uncomfortable (covering the bass) and other ones too big/small for my ear.

Then it's totally different story. The sound is incredible, crystal clear and well balanced. Only one problem, the sound isolating feature disconnects me from the world, can't hear other people talking (isolating high frequencies quite well). I could definitely wear the earphones for a couple of hours, but after a couple hours it does feel uncomfortable. For this price, I would not recommend it to everyone. There are certainly equivalent devices at more reasonable prices but if you are a purist, then go for it!

• Sound Quality