The White Company www.thewhitecompany.co.uk Review

Guest's review of The White Company www.thewhitecompany.co.uk

“I ordered a few items from their Carlton Glass...”

Written on: 27/04/2011

I ordered a few items from their Carlton Glass furniture range after seeing the furniture in a magazine. The items were delivered a few weeks later than the anticipated lead time. During this period I had zero communication from The White Company at all. When I would ring and try to arrange the delivery, or at least chase the delivery, I was transferred usually to about 5 different people.

When the items were finally delivered, I could not believe the shocking quality of the furniture I had just paid for. There were small chips and scuffs all along the edge of the dressing table and the items smelled very chemical, I had to have my window open in the bedroom all day to release the fumes. The panes of glass looked as though they had been glued to the main frame and the glue was seeping out between the panes. Not what I have expected from a high end retailer, who shouts about quality!! It seems the most important thing to The White Company is good marketing, get the money from the customer and run.

Needless to say, they are not responding to my complaints. Perhaps Chrissie Rucker will pick this one up?

• Carlton Glass Furniture - Over £700