Churchill Home Insurance Review

Guest's review of Churchill Home Insurance

“RE: Nationwide (underwritten by Churchill) home and...”

Written on: 20/04/2011

RE: Nationwide (underwritten by Churchill) home and buildings cover

I'm in the process of a claim, that was started 6 months ago. It is still to be fully resolved!

My flat was damaged as results of the flat aboves central heating pipe being damaged by cowboy builders. The result, 2 ceilings coming down and the walls and floors damaged.

I was with Nationwide, who are underwritten by Churchill, since my claim is a recovery claim it is dealt by Churchill.

Firstly, customer service is terrible and riddled with misinformation and simply put, lies! I recorded my conversations with churchill so as not to miss anything, the points made and actions required as stated by one 'claims specialist' differed from anothers. When I tried to determine who was right and what I should do, they tried to blame me for the 'misunderstanding' by stating I said things that I hadn't - I played the recording back to them and then they finally conceded that they made the mistake. A complaint was made, which apparently sped my claim along the claims pipeline- another lie!

Secondly, No information is given on how payment is to be made to the contractors, the contractors will not start the work until they are sure they will be paid - hence why my claim is still in process!

Thirdly, the time taken to deal with queries takes an incredibly long time, 6 months and counting. This and the misinformation and lies, strike me that Churchill do not apply the necessary care and diligence to have claims dealt with in a reasonable amount of time - as stated in there terms and conditions.

Fourth, they (nationwide) tried to up my premiums, despite the claim not being completed and my excess not being paid. Something I was told (and recorded) would not happen until the excess was paid and only after the renewal date. Again I complained and after over a month of 'arguing' costing over £100 worth of calls (no freephone number given) they conceded and reduced my premium to what it should be - saving almost £100 a month

In short avoid them and nationwide, it is a nightmare dealing with them!!!!!!!! There service it terrible and borders on negligent!!!!!!!

Have you made a claim