American Greetings www.americangreetings.com Review

two2's review of American Greetings www.americangreetings.com

“I joined American Greetings right before Christmas...”

Written on: 19/04/2011 by two2 (1 review written)

I joined American Greetings right before Christmas (started a free trial). I was disappointed by the cards, the constant advertisements and canceled my subscription approximately 7-8 days later. Now almost 6 months have gone by and I am still being charged every month by this company! Phoning this company is a joke. They have an automated phone system giving you a number of options, none of which is talking with a customer service representative. When the system decides that it has answered your question it automatically hangs up on you! You can't just email the company either, there are no provisions or company addresses listed for you to write to. After at least 7 attempts to speak with a live person at American Greetings, I finally did get a person. She told me that they had NO record of my cancellation after Christmas. Every question or comment I made to her resulted in a "canned" response (they must have a list there of things to say to customers when they call). I said "fine just cancel me now", which they did, however the next day they charged me once again! I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and my states attorney general. I am hoping for justice. This company knows exactly what they are doing. They get you into a trial subscription and than make it virtually impossible for the customer to cancel that subscription (or to even speak with someone about the problem). They also own Webshots. My advice: NEVER, EVER start a trial subscription with this company. You will be paying for it forever! They do not even deserve a 1 star rating.