Jake & Elwood Review

aroberts75's review of Jake and Elwood

“What a fantastic night of entertainment from start to...”

Written on: 18/04/2011 by aroberts75 (1 review written)

What a fantastic night of entertainment from start to finish. I have seen this show before and this was by far the best. I notice that there have been a few changes in the show with a new Elwood and Black Rhino horn section. As an owner of a sax instrument, it was such a pleasure to see a horn section having so much fun and having lots of energy in the show along with some great sax soloing, especially in Flip Flop and Fly and a great solo by the trumpet player in "A Man's world", it was funny watching the banter between James Brown and the trumpet player. As always the guitarist was amazing in his soloing. Such a treat to watch a great musician.

Jake was brilliant all the way through and his moondance was hilarious. My favourite bit of the show was the beer fountain. Elwood sang his solos beautifully. The real star for me must be James Brown, my dad is not really into audience participation but when James Brown got us up dancing my dad would not sit down for the rest of the show. I would recommend this show to "EVERYBODY". I will be bringing the family to Blackpool for your shows and can't wait until your return to Bath!

• Bath Theatre Royal