Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

Bannatyne Health Clubs www.bannatyne.co.uk

“It is such a shame that this business is purely money...”

Written on: 12/04/2011

It is such a shame that this business is purely money driven without any concern for customer service I and my partner have been members at the Norwich branch for two years. We mainly use the gym facilities and on the plus side they do have large amount of machines so we have never queued for anything but unfortunately there are always machines which are broken down. The water machines have been broken since before xmas, you can only get a trickle out of them and I'm afraid the place is very dirty. The edges of the carpets are absolutely filthy and the windows and surrounds are caked with dirt. Today my partner experienced a very rude member of the gym staff who told him off for putting a paper towel on a shelf. ( a flamin' cheek considering how dirty the place is ). My partner asked where the bin was because the bins should be where the paper towels are dispensed He got a very curt answer saying "you'll have to go to the other side of gym to find a bin" whereupon my partner replied that surely it made more sense to have a bin where the dispenser was and also that he felt that standards had slipped i.e the place was dirty. The staff member said that it was not a show gym and that other gyms were worse and that they didn't have a cleaner so they had to do it themselves. All this was said in a very rude and defensive manner.

Of course we don't expect a show gym but for £70 per month we expect a clean gym and for the facilities to be working. It's not our concern that they have to do the cleaning themselves, they should take it up with old Mr. Bannatyne if they don't like it. We certainly do not expect the staff to be so rude. Don't they realise they would not have their jobs if it were not for paying members.

I think that we are now going to cancel and go elsewhere as I really hate poor service and rude people ( unfortunately we have to give three months notice which is a very long period of notice in my view ). Why on earth doesn't Mr Bannatyne take some pride in these gyms as judging by the reviews on here it would seem a lot of the branches are in a poor state with poor staff.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2011

omg I agree with what your saying!
I,ve got a voucher for a spa day and if Bannatyne,s is really as bad as all the reviews Im reading I,ll really give my two pence worth.
when its a present esp its embarrasing if the reciprient cums out feeling worse so I hope I,ve got good news to report as if reviews like this and worse turn up everywhere surely he,ll be bankrupt soon.