Beko CDA648FS Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Beko CDA648FS

“I had the silver Beko CDA648FS delivered on Saturday...”

Written on: 11/04/2011

I had the silver Beko CDA648FS delivered on Saturday (it is now Monday) and I'm really not sure... It looks good and there is plenty of room inside. The freezer drawers are a little more shallow than I anticipated but not a problem. The tray inside the door (where I store milk) doesn't appear to be very sturdy but time will tell.

The only issue so far is the noise. I've never owned a frost-free fridge freezer before and the noise of the fan kicking in came as a bit of a surprise. The fan comes on every half an hour and the noise lasts for 10 minutes. It emits a high pitched whistle (which was bad enough). Now it's started to make strange 'churning / grinding' sounds. I have no idea if this is normal or not?

I went to Curry's to ask them and, to be fair, they were great. They offered to send out an engineer or to exchange the product if it had not been used. However, after speaking to people at work, the noise appears to be 'normal' for a frost free appliance.

My problem, I have an open plan lounge/diner and the noise is quite distracting.

I did look (today) for a manual defrost appliance but they seem to be very few and far between. The majority of products now seem to be frost-free. I specifically wanted a silver appliance and it had to fit within a small galley kitchen. I didn't have any idea about manual / frost free.

I did think about exchanging but I've read so many negative reviews (on every brand) that I'm worried that if I did I'd probably get an even noisier appliance!

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks....may possibly invest in a pair of ear muffs!!

• Under a month